PDA

View Full Version : Pods Hurt??

GiveMeSox
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
I dont know if he is or isn't, but DJ just mentioned something about it in the broadcast. Pods was taken out of the game for Timo in the top of 8th and no one knows why, so DJ speculated that he might be hurt. Anyone know whats up with that.

34 Inch Stick
04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Very strange, especially with Pods being up next inning and having 2 hits so far today. That one would really hurt.

GiveMeSox
04-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Very strange, especially with Pods being up next inning and having 2 hits so far today. That one would really hurt.

Yeah thats what in saying. Timo is no defensive or offensive upgrade for Pods out there in left. Im Nervous!!:(:

DaveIsHere
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah thats what in saying. Timo is no defensive or offensive upgrade for Pods out there in left. Im Nervous!!:(:

I am seriously hoping he just had an attack of the runs and was stuckl on the toilet.:smile:

Ol' No. 2
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Very strange, especially with Pods being up next inning and having 2 hits so far today. That one would really hurt.Pods turn in the order didn't bat again. Sounds like a defensive replacement. Timo has a much stronger arm.

Hangar18
04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
HEs got the Flu, a couple of the players have had the flu bug, including Farmer, Crede just got over the flu a couple days ago

zach074
04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Pods turn in the order didn't bat again. Sounds like a defensive replacement. Timo has a much stronger arm.

Lets hope thats true!

DaveIsHere
04-11-2005, 04:55 PM
HEs got the Flu, a couple of the players have had the flu bug, including Farmer, Crede just got over the flu a couple days ago

Are you sure, if so that is a relief

zach074
04-11-2005, 04:56 PM

So thats why Crede was horrible against the Twins.

DC Sox Fan
Indians announcers (on XM) speculated that it was a defensive substitution as Pods isn't known for his arm strength...

gobears1987
Pods was not due up as he got a hit in the 7th that drovein the RBI. He left right after that hit as TImo was in the 8th

patbooyah
04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
if he wasn't injured before, you can bet that DJ jinxed him. buckle up on your drive home, pods!

have i mentioned i detest DJ?

doublem23
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Probably just another case of Ozzie overmanaging again. :rolleyes:

CPditka
04-11-2005, 05:03 PM
They're going to talk about it shortly in the Postgame. I'll give an update when it happens.

Clembasbal
04-11-2005, 05:17 PM
They're going to talk about it shortly in the Postgame. I'll give an update when it happens.

Please do

CPditka
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Please do

Broken promise.

It didnt seem serious enough for them to mention again, or they didnt have any info. They re-aired a piece they shot during Spring training involving Shingo/Iguchi and their translators, to fill to the end of the half hour. Sorry I couldnt help more.

mealfred13
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
So thats why Crede was horrible against the Twins.

:tealpolice:

zach074
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
:tealpolice:

You must be confused. I am not being sarcastic with the Crede thing I am being hopefull.

mealfred13
04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
You must be confused. I am not being sarcastic with the Crede thing I am being hopefull.

Ahhhh, my bad, it can be taken either way...read it again...:)

Jurr
04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....has anybody heard about Scotty yet?

patbooyah
04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
can't wait till there is a teal police police tag

04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I heard nothing...he got a hit the inning before! SO wither it was a defensive or the flu...or the worst case, he pulled something running the bases, but there has been no word

Chisox003
04-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Im bettin that he wasnt feeling good, along with timo just being a defensive sub...

Garland, Crede, Farmer, and Uribe (sat today because of it) had/have the flu, so lets hope thats all it is

In other Pods news....CLUTCH!!

gobears1987
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
if he wasn't injured before, you can bet that DJ jinxed him. buckle up on your drive home, pods!

have i mentioned i detest DJ?
It would be cool if they had your dad replace DJ for at least a game. They'd have record ratings on CSN for that game.

hose
04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I am seriously hoping he just had an attack of the runs and was stuckl on the toilet.:smile:

:bs: :)

Scotty will be doing Metamusil commercials

patbooyah
04-11-2005, 06:58 PM
It would be cool if they had your dad replace DJ for at least a game. They'd have record ratings on CSN for that game.

since i was a kid he has always told me that he would love to do some announcing for the sox. it would be cool to hear, just because i think it would be so different in terms of perspective and humor.

Whitesox029
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Im bettin that he wasnt feeling good, along with timo just being a defensive sub...

Garland, Crede, Farmer, and Uribe (sat today because of it) had/have the flu, so lets hope thats all it is

In other Pods news....CLUTCH!!
Yeah really...first Garland and now him...if this is what happens to a ballplayer when he gets the flu then why don't we let the whole team catch it?

Evman5
04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Here it is....a strained groin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250411105

CPditka
04-11-2005, 07:10 PM
thanks, we can finally put this to rest.

and best of all, he wont miss time.

DaveIsHere
04-11-2005, 07:28 PM
thanks, we can finally put this to rest.

and best of all, he wont miss time.

Well he will get a day off tomorrow, and hopefully we can rest him, he is huge for us in these scrappy wins. I just dont want to see a season long nagging injury..........fingers-crossed at DaveIsHere's house:(:

Lip Man 1
04-11-2005, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't dismiss it so casually. This thing can come and go like a hamstring. If the weather's cool, cold or rainy and he has a hard time loosening up it could be a serious issue.

Lip

daveeym
04-11-2005, 08:38 PM
since i was a kid he has always told me that he would love to do some announcing for the sox. it would be cool to hear, just because i think it would be so different in terms of perspective and humor. Wait you're not planning on robbing a bank anytime soon?

daveeym
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't dismiss it so casually. This thing can come and go like a hamstring. If the weather's cool, cold or rainy and he has a hard time loosening up it could be a serious issue.

Lip But at the same time it could be nothing guys play with strains all the time.

Win1ForMe
04-11-2005, 08:40 PM

Lip

Captain Optimism to the rescue.

ChiSox7
04-11-2005, 08:49 PM
If it was any kind of problem, they would have mentioned it in the main story, not in passing in the notes.

Clement's beard
04-11-2005, 08:51 PM
since i was a kid he has always told me that he would love to do some announcing for the sox. it would be cool to hear, just because i think it would be so different in terms of perspective and humor.

Hey, Who's your dad? Is he a sportscaster?

NSSoxFan
04-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey, Who's your dad? Is he a sportscaster?

Steve Dahl.

Clement's beard
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Steve Dahl.

Very cool!

Lip Man 1
04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Or it could be that the Sox don't know what to make of it yet because Pods hasn't tried to play on it right?

Lip

soxfanforlife28
04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I heard nothing...he got a hit the inning before! SO wither it was a defensive or the flu...or the worst case, he pulled something running the bases, but there has been no wordIm thinking the same thing . Just when they showed the replay of him rounding 3rd, he looked like he pulled out at the last moment going home. And then they quick flashed him in the dugout and he was pouring in sweat. So hopefully its nothing serious.

tacosalbarojas
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Or it could be that the Sox don't know what to make of it yet because Pods hasn't tried to play on it right?

LipComcast's preview of their news show says "both teams have one run games and injury problems" I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. All depends on how bad the strain is. That's the downside to actually having ath-a-letes on the squad. They pull things!

HebrewHammer
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't have to go on the DL. You know what that would mean.

(shudder)

:LTP
"I'll make you forget all about Joe Crede."

gobears1987
04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't have to go on the DL. You know what that would mean.

(shudder)

:LTP
"I'll make you forget all about Joe Crede."

*Gouges out eyes* Anyone put PTL!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry:

JUribe1989
04-11-2005, 10:57 PM
It doesn't sound like anything serious but this is what the lineup should be without Pods for a few days.

LF Ozuna
2B Iguchi
DH Everett
1B Konerko
RF Dye
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede
SS Uribe

It could also look like this
SS Uribe
2B Iguchi
LF Everett
DH Konerko
RF Dye
1B Gload
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede

It sounds like he's ok to me though. He said he didn't think he would miss any time so I think they should rest him on Wednesday just to be safe. That would give him 2 days off and then see how he is at that point. I think Comcast just got us all upset again as they did when the Buehrle incident occurred.

HebrewHammer
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
It doesn't sound like anything serious but this is what the lineup should be without Pods for a few days.

LF Ozuna
2B Iguchi
DH Everett
1B Konerko
RF Dye
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede
SS Uribe

SS Uribe
2B Iguchi
LF Everett
DH Konerko
RF Dye
1B Gload
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede

I'd like to see a combination of Gooch and ARow at the top of the lineup IF Podzilla misses any time. ARow had a ton of success near the top of the order last year and Gooch is a natural top of the order hitter.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd like to see a combination of Gooch and ARow at the top of the lineup IF Podzilla misses any time. ARow had a ton of success near the top of the order last year and Gooch is a natural top of the order hitter.
Rowand has looked totally lost at the plate so far. I sincerely hope he can prove wrong all the mediots who said 2004 was a fluke.

Where are all the people who, in ST, were screaming for ARow to bat #2, and Iguchi to hit 8th or 9th to "get adjusted"?:cool:

popilius
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Rowand has looked totally lost at the plate so far. I sincerely hope he can prove wrong all the mediots who said 2004 was a fluke.

Where are all the people who, in ST, were screaming for ARow to bat #2, and Iguchi to hit 8th or 9th to "get adjusted"?:cool:

I wouldn't say Rowand looks 'totally lost.' It looks like his timing is off, but his swing still looks great- short, quick, and bathead to the ball. You can tell his timing is off because he's hitting a lot of foul balls.

This is opposed to Crede's swing, which looks pretty bad. Its as long and slow as always. . . :gulp:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-11-2005, 11:30 PM
This is opposed to Crede's swing, which looks pretty bad. Its as long and slow as always. . . :gulp:
Yeah, what the hell was all that :bs:from Crede and Walker about the batting cage at home in MO, correcting "the flaw", and "Joe's new swing"? You'd think we'd at least see some improvement. If anything, he's regressed, today's hits notwithstanding.

AZChiSoxFan
04-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't say Rowand looks 'totally lost.' It looks like his timing is off, but his swing still looks great- short, quick, and bathead to the ball. You can tell his timing is off because he's hitting a lot of foul balls.

Wasn't Rowand hitting something like .220 last year at the end of May? I'm thinking that was the case, but don't know for sure.

Jurr
04-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Rowand's struggling, but that may be well due to the fact that he's got no protection in the 6 hole. He's probably not getting as much to swing at as he did with Carlos and Paule behind him. Something to ponder.

Foulke You
04-12-2005, 11:34 AM

LF Ozuna
2B Iguchi
DH Everett
1B Konerko
RF Dye
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede
SS Uribe

SS Uribe
2B Iguchi
LF Everett
DH Konerko
RF Dye
1B Gload
C AJ
CF Rowand
3B Crede

It sounds like he's ok to me though. He said he didn't think he would miss any time so I think they should rest him on Wednesday just to be safe. That would give him 2 days off and then see how he is at that point. I think Comcast just got us all upset again as they did when the Buehrle incident occurred.

Where is the love for Timo Perez? Personally, I don't want Ozuna out there in LF. I think the Sox dodged a bullet in Minny that he didn't have any defensive lapses. If I'm filling out the lineup, Timo is my left fielder until Pods is ready again.

CubKiller5
04-12-2005, 12:50 PM
The recovery time for a strained grown is much shorter than that of a pull or a hamstring. A few hours in the whirlpool/seltzer bath & he should be feeling as good as knew.

I'm sure he'll be leading off in Wed game. He's a multi-dimensional player that gives Ozzie some more flexibility. On Rowand's off days Pods can play in CF. An adequate replacement for Rowand in CF was something Ozzie didn't have last year.

I agree with the other post. I would prefer Everett or Timo in LF subbing for Pods than Ozuna. He didn't look sharp out there to me. If you play Everett there then Gload/Timo can play DH. We need to get Ozuna time at 3B. That's our biggest hole (333 OPS). Uribe is struggling but his defense is really helping this team win games. The same can not be said of our 3B.

Ol' No. 2
04-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Wasn't Rowand hitting something like .220 last year at the end of May? I'm thinking that was the case, but don't know for sure.Good memory. He was hitting .220 on May 22 and .250 as late as June 5.