PDA

View Full Version : Best online in-game updates

I want Mags back
04-11-2005, 04:51 PM
during mondays game, I am stuck enginneering at my schools radio station, and the room next to main control, with the TV was locked. I didnt have a radio to listen with, so I used MLB.com Gameday, until it stopped working ,so I used foxsports.com. which is the best

kittle42
04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
CBS sportsline.

Jerko
04-11-2005, 05:22 PM
CBS sportsline.

I agree. They're pretty good.

Jjav829
04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Me in the WSI chat. I'm quicker than them all by a minute, at least. :cool:

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I have to go with cbssportsline as well. It seems like their play by play is alot faster and up to date than gameday or espn's. Whenever I can't watch the game, I use cbssportsline.com

MRKARNO
04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
CBS Sportsline, followed by MLB.

voodoochile
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
CBS Sportsline, followed by MLB.

When MLB is on, it's like watching TV almost. It's faster than Sportline, IMO.

Of course I use MLB.TV, so things may have changed.

doublem23
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
MLB Gameday is very good. Lots of little things to click on. I think ESPN used to have a nice one, but I don't know if they really do anything anymore.

ma-gaga
04-11-2005, 06:12 PM
MLB Gameday is very good. Lots of little things to click on. I think ESPN used to have a nice one, but I don't know if they really do anything anymore.

I like MLB's Gameday because it is quick, and I like Sportslines' Gamecaster because it is easy to read. I like the ballpark layouts in MLB's, but it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out what has happened in previous innings/at bats.

But they define "holds" immediately as the game ends, so I really like MLB's...

:cool:

Max Power
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I'll put in another vote for CBS Sportsline. It's usually pretty quick, it's easy to read and there are a lot of stats available on the page.
ESPN use to be the absolute worst. It was slow and would always freeze. I'm not sure if it's better now, but I use ESPN for basketball and football updates so it seems like they should have a good baseball update.

MRKARNO
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
When MLB is on, it's like watching TV almost. It's faster than Sportline, IMO.

Of course I use MLB.TV, so things may have changed.

MLB can be a few seconds earlier, but Sportsline has got more info readily available and I personally like to have that access to as much information as possible. Now they even have the pitch type and speed, which is awesome. Also, sometimes MLB is unspecific and all it says is "Out(s) recorded" or "In play. Run scoring play." I know they're trying to get the info out as early as possible, but still, those 10-15 seconds or so when the person is specifying the play can be really frustrating.

No one is close to these two though.

kevingrt
04-11-2005, 08:44 PM

So true and you get some color commentary from other people in the room too.

JoseCanseco6969
04-11-2005, 10:49 PM
cbs sportsline is by far the best

ehren
04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Yahoo!'s flash-based GameChannel is really good. the way they've taken the MLB scoreboard and assimilated it with your fantasy teams and stat tracker make it my go-to when not at home.

faneidde
04-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Very true. The only problem is when something really good happens, some clown always has to post *boom* 10 times in a row.

havelj
04-12-2005, 01:12 AM
CBS Sportsline.