PDA

View Full Version : No surprise; Sox fan was cool, Cubs fan was a jerk

Bisco Stu
04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
In Chicago this week, so I went to see a band called Signal Path at the Kinetic Playground, across the street from the Aragon Brawlroom on Sat night and there was a Sox fan there with a Hitmen-era logo cap and I told him about the Sox victory (the last he had heard it was 3-0 Sox) and we high-fived and went back to our respective spaces grooving to the trance-prog-insanity of Signal Path.

Then there was a Cubs fan who was either tanked or tripping on E because this fool had to bump into me every 4.2 seconds. And it's not like I dissed the Flubs, I was just minding my own. He knew he was getting on my nerves, and even though he was considerably bigger than me I wanted to smack him.

He even slapped me on the back at the end of the show, but I didn't respond. Waiting outside for a taxi (show ended at 4:20 AM :smile: ) and he came out with a girl and another guy but he didn't say anything to me then. Maybe he thought I was "waiting for him." Wimpy Flubs fan.

Yes, it was only two people, but it's just funny how the Flubs fan was an obnoxious moron and the Sox fan was chill. Kind of a microcosm of the big picture.

Also good to see another Sox fan who's into drugged out music like me.

skobabe8
04-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Chalk up another victory for Sox Army by not going for the bait this doofus was throwing at you.

Whitesox029
04-11-2005, 08:58 PM
In Chicago this week, so I went to see a band called Signal Path at the Kinetic Playground, across the street from the Aragon Brawlroom on Sat night and there was a Sox fan there with a Hitmen-era logo cap and I told him about the Sox victory (the last he had heard it was 3-0 Sox) and we high-fived and went back to our respective spaces grooving to the trance-prog-insanity of Signal Path.

Then there was a Cubs fan who was either tanked or tripping on E because this fool had to bump into me every 4.2 seconds. And it's not like I dissed the Flubs, I was just minding my own. He knew he was getting on my nerves, and even though he was considerably bigger than me I wanted to smack him.

He even slapped me on the back at the end of the show, but I didn't respond. Waiting outside for a taxi (show ended at 4:20 AM :smile: ) and he came out with a girl and another guy but he didn't say anything to me then. Maybe he thought I was "waiting for him." Wimpy Flubs fan.

Yes, it was only two people, but it's just funny how the Flubs fan was an obnoxious moron and the Sox fan was chill. Kind of a microcosm of the big picture.

Also good to see another Sox fan who's into drugged out music like me.I only have one question: when was it 3-0 Sox?

OEO Magglio
04-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I only have one question: when was it 3-0 Sox?
The saturday game vs. the Twins.

PatK
04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
You're the bigger man than I am.

Any grown man that slaps me in the head for no reason usually ends up picking their teeth up.