PDA

View Full Version : Win Or Die Trying

wdelaney72
04-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll apologize in advance if someone already started a thread on this, but I finally heard one of the new Sox radio ads. They are incredibly annoying and childish. How did we go from last year's "Sox Pride" to this garbage?

I am really disappointed. Obviously, I'm more concerned with how the team is playing, but man, these ads are really embarrassing. It's like Gallas never left.

soltrain21
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
I like them. Red Foreman as the voice is the coolest thing ever.

Foulke You
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I'll apologize in advance if someone already started a thread on this, but I finally heard one of the new Sox radio ads. They are incredibly annoying and childish. How did we go from last year's "Sox Pride" to this garbage?

I am really disappointed. Obviously, I'm more concerned with how the team is playing, but man, these ads are really embarrassing. It's like Gallas never left.

Anything is an improvement over those annoying ads with the fiddle playing in the background and the guy with the grating voice who would end every ad. I swear he must have been Rob Gallas's son or something because his voice was used in so many commercials.

Iwritecode
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM

You're the first person I've seen that doesn't like them.

Which one did you hear?

jabrch
04-11-2005, 03:07 PM

In what way? I have heard a bunch of them and liked them all.

Rocky Soprano
04-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Funny coming from someone that has Leon Phelps as a sig!I also like all of our ads.

wdelaney72
04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
The TV ads don't bother me like this radio ad did. The radio ad I was referring to had the voice of someone blabbering about "the rules". I don't know if this is the ad with Red Foreman or not (who I'm a big fan of). What I do know is made me want to turn the dial immediately. It just seems like it's trying too hard. What I like about the TV ads is the focus is on the players on the field. This was just a babbling voice talking about nothing. I'd be much more sold by hearing the golden tones of a John Rooney or a Hawkism.

I guess I'll have to be content with being in the minority on this one, but I still think it was grade school.

Point taken on my sig, but I'm not out there marketing a multi-million dollar organization, either.

Iwritecode
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
The TV ads don't bother me like this radio ad did. The radio ad I was referring to had the voice of someone blabbering about "the rules". I don't know if this is the ad with Red Foreman or not (who I'm a big fan of). What I do know is made me want to turn the dial immediately. It just seems like it's trying too hard. What I like about the TV ads is the focus is on the players on the field. This was just a babbling voice talking about nothing. I'd be much more sold by hearing the golden tones of a John Rooney or a Hawkism.

I guess I'll have to be content with being in the minority on this one, but I still think it was grade school.

Point taken on my sig, but I'm not out there marketing a multi-million dollar organization, either.

You mean the one that says don't be late for the national anthem, don't throw the ball back on the field? I thought it was pretty good personally.

BTW, yes it was Red Foreman (his real name escapes me) doing that ad.

:)

doublem23
04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
BTW, yes it was Red Foreman (his real name escapes me) doing that ad.

Kurtwood Smith

ewokpelts
04-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Kurtwood Smith
he was in robocop!

NSSoxFan
04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Kurtwood Smith

Is he a Sox fan on top of getting paid for doing the voice over?

kevingrt
04-11-2005, 08:48 PM
All I can say is nothing gets better then "Good Guys Wear Black!":dtroll:

batmanZoSo
04-11-2005, 08:58 PM
The Sox Pride ones of 04 were much more cinematic and creative, but you should give them some time and I'm sure they'll come up with some good ones. This is a much better group of people in charge of this stuff, I trust them.

Kadafi311
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Are the new radio ads stored online anywhere? I'd like to hear 'em. The Sox Pride TV ads kicked ass last year.

gobears1987
04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I like the new ads, but I think Hawkisms do more to sell.

lths06
04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Are the new radio ads stored online anywhere? I'd like to hear 'em. The Sox Pride TV ads kicked ass last year.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/campaigns/radio/index.jsp

Kadafi311
04-11-2005, 09:40 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/campaigns/radio/index.jsp

Excellent, thank you.