PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone keeping a Jeremy Reed watch in their Sig?

jabrch
04-11-2005, 08:00 AM
I thought someone said they were - but I don't remember.

DrCrawdad
04-11-2005, 08:09 AM
I thought someone said they were - but I don't remember.

Reed had two hits yesterday, but is hitting .182. He sucks!

santo=dorf
04-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Jeremyb1 was, but according to his blog, he "retired" from the internet message boards, only to come back shortly after. :rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
04-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Jeremyb1 was, but according to his blog, he "retired" from the internet message boards, only to come back shortly after. :rolleyes:

What is the URL of his blog?

NOTE: Send it to me via PM if you have it. Thanks!

JRIG
04-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I suppose if no one else is, I will (for better or for worse). I need to change my sig anyway.

For informational puposes only, of course. If it starts mega-debates, down it goes.

Flight #24
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
FWIW (I know, it's not much) - here's the blurb on Reed from Sporting News:

Headed south: Jeremy Reed (javascript:op(7284)), Mariners (79). Perhaps he is a bit overmatched. He'll turn it around, but don't count on it happening this week.

Before it goes there: No one's saying he won't be a good player, and obviously his first week in '05 has little bearing on how his year will go. It's just interesting that like many rookies, he's starting slow.

santo=dorf
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
What is the URL of his blog?

NOTE: Send it to me via PM if you have it. Thanks!

I can't find it. There's a locked thread in the Roadhouse about it.

Rocklive99
04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
No offense, but who cares? (unless you are an M's fan)

I don't want to get into the argument of who got the better of the trade, but none of our pitchers wanted to throw to Olivo, and I don't trust "can't miss" prospects anymore(see the opinion of Joe Crede in the clubhouse). KW was ahead of the curve with the unbelievable price Garcia was resigned for (compare to the offseason SP signings). Now the M's spent any money that they could have used on Garcia on offense, are scoring, but are giving up 8 runs a game. I like our approach better. (Of course, it worked very well for them as well if they never had an intention of signing Freddy, and getting something valuable for him in return instead of nothing or a draft pick)

I think people have been used to KW getting players by giving up nothing (Wells, Colon), that they expected the same with Freddy, the most sought out player at the time.

RKMeibalane
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Here's what jeremyb1 says:

As opposed to casual baseball fans stumbling across your column, like most devout BP readers, I agree that the White Sox off season was not successful and that the team does not figure to contend late in the season without catching quite a few breaks.