PDA

View Full Version : Koskie and Guzman will kill the Twins this year.

Jurr
04-11-2005, 06:35 AM
One thing I've noticed in this first series (as well as watching the Twins/M's series) is that they are missing Koskie and Guzman TERRIBLY. Bartlett and Cuddyer are not nearly as strong offensively or defensively as that defensive left side that had terrorized us for years. Every time Guzman or Koskie (especially Koskie) stepped up to the plate against us, I got nervous. Now, it's not nearly as bad.

Don't get me wrong..the Twins are a good team. However, I don't think they're NEARLY as good with Cuddyer and Bartlett. Add in the loss of Blanco (who destroyed us last year) and Silva, and this division is very winnable.

Another point to ponder...the Twins have pitched Radke and Santana twice each now. They've had 4 starts in 6 games. The Twins record is currently 3-3. Not good for them, considering Silva won one of 'em.

brewcrew/chisox
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
One thing I've noticed in this first series (as well as watching the Twins/M's series) is that they are missing Koskie and Guzman TERRIBLY. Bartlett and Cuddyer are not nearly as strong offensively or defensively as that defensive left side that had terrorized us for years. Every time Guzman or Koskie (especially Koskie) stepped up to the plate against us, I got nervous. Now, it's not nearly as bad.

Don't get me wrong..the Twins are a good team. However, I don't think they're NEARLY as good with Cuddyer and Bartlett. Add in the loss of Blanco (who destroyed us last year) and Silva, and this division is very winnable.

Another point to ponder...the Twins have pitched Radke and Santana twice each now. They've had 4 starts in 6 games. The Twins record is currently 3-3. Not good for them, considering Silva won one of 'em.

I'd agree with everything that you say here except for Guzman. IMO Guzman wasn't a very good defensive shortstop, oftentimes taking advantage of the easy hops off the turf, and offensively he was average at best. Plus, for the speed he had, he couldn't steal bases. He was drafted on my fantasy team (automatic draft) and he's been just KILLING me this year:

Avg .130
HR 0
RBI 0
Runs 0
SB 0

i know it's still early but this is just terrible

Epark84
04-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Give Bartlett time, he will be a very good player. He has a canon and so far is one of their better hitters. He is a much better value than guzman and not that much of a drop off. Cuddyer will stay healthy more than koskie did