PDA

View Full Version : Crede Supporters and Non

shoota
04-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Whether you like Crede or not, I think we all agree that Joe Crede is not the long-term solution to third base for our White Sox. So, when should he be replaced?

TaylorStSox
04-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Whether you like Crede or not, I think we all agree that Joe Crede is not the long-term solution to third base for our White Sox. So, when should he be replaced?

Who do we replace him with?

shoota
04-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Who do we replace him with?

see poll options.

ChiSoxRowand
04-11-2005, 12:17 AM
The only guy we can replace him with now is Ozuna. I say give him some more time for now, it has only been 6 games. And as much as we bash him, he is good in the field. Maybe (hopefully) they can pull of a midseason deal. I think the Sox will sign a stopgap player to a 1 or 2 year deal until Fields is ready.

ChiSox7
04-11-2005, 12:18 AM
ack, I meant to select the third option, not the fourth. Move one vote from the 4th category to the 3rd.

TaylorStSox
04-11-2005, 12:19 AM
see poll options.

I'm asking you who you think we should get to replace him. Who's better, in the organization?

Like I said, it seems like you have personal vendetta against him. Just about everything you've posted since the season started has had to do with how bad Crede is.

So I'm asking you to come up with a solution. Instead of the incessant bitching.

shoota
04-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm asking you who you think we should get to replace him. Who's better, in the organization?

Like I said, it seems like you have personal vendetta against him. Just about everything you've posted since the season started has had to do with how bad Crede is.

So I'm asking you to come up with a solution. Instead of the incessant bitching.

I don't have a clue who to replace him with, inside or outside the organization. I don't think Josh Fields should replace Crede now.

I do want to see Ozuna play third once or twice soon and give Crede a couple days off.

shoota
04-11-2005, 12:28 AM
ack, I meant to select the third option, not the fourth. Move one vote from the 4th category to the 3rd.

lol, I don't know how to do that. :gulp:

Jjav829
04-11-2005, 12:29 AM

Vote again.

oeo
04-11-2005, 12:32 AM
I thought we were going to be finished with all the Crede talk? Give it up.

TaylorStSox
04-11-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't have a clue who to replace him with, inside or outside the organization. I don't think Josh Fields should replace Crede now.

I do want to see Ozuna play third once or twice soon and give Crede a couple days off.

You want to get rid of him without a replacement. That makes no sense. Sorry.

JoseCanseco6969
04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Lately, I really cant stand Crede, but really have the feeling that if we dump him for next to nothing...he might end up tearing it up someplace else. I know thats a crappy way to look at it, but once that kid gets his head on straight, he could be a real force in there.

HomeFish
04-11-2005, 12:44 AM
You want to get rid of him without a replacement. That makes no sense. Sorry.

Ozuna is a replacement. Have you seen this kid play?

mealfred13
04-11-2005, 12:46 AM
He had a ridiculous spring and he's pretty good defensively at third. Let's see him keep the bat going into the season before we kick Crede to the curb, how about that?

samram
04-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Ozuna is a replacement. Have you seen this kid play?

Yeah, as much as you have- one regular season start. Hardly enough to give him the starting job at a position at which he didn't even get that one start.

FightingBillini
04-11-2005, 01:01 AM
I still believe that Crede can pull it together. He is good, not great, at 3B, and he certainly isnt a liability in the field. He needs to get his head out of his arse, as do Uribe and Rowand. Reguardles of how much he improves, I am confident he will AT LEAST up his average to .260. For an 8 hitter to put up 25-30 homers and get 70-80 RBIs, that is pretty good. Its a long, long season. Crede will be both the hero and the goat at least once this year. Either way, if Crede is still hitting .240 in July, KW will make a move. Til then, let Crede play.

The Racehorse
04-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Crede will never be mistaken for either Mike Schmidt, Brooks Robinson or Robin Ventura. But at least he's not an albatross at the plate or in the field... let's move on.

BigEdWalsh
04-11-2005, 04:38 AM
I thought we were going to be finished with all the Crede talk? Give it up.

OK. Sorry, Mrs. Crede.

Seriously, we won't be finished with Crede talk as long as he is on this team. That's the way it should be with any Sox player. This is a White Sox message board.

hose
04-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Crede is the Sox 3rd baseman for the season.

Next year Josh Fields will get his shot.

ChicagoHoosier
04-11-2005, 08:50 AM

I completely agree. Let's give him one more year. There will be ups and downs, but he's made some very solid/tough plays this year too that if we still had *gulp* Valentine as an option would never have been made. Even Uribe at 3rd and Valentine at SS is much worse than our current SS/3B combo.

I think he gets this year to make it or break it. If not, IF Fields is ready, then we'll be ready for a new 3B. Until then, not sure Ozuna really is an option for everyday 3B.

Mickster
04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
A year ago, almost to the day, you could take this poll and replace "Crede" with "Rowand" and have virtually the same poll. Give him some time. These threads are getting old.

34 Inch Stick
04-11-2005, 09:59 AM
6 games into a season is not the time to change a plan. While I am growing impatient with Crede, let this thing play out.

tstrike2000
04-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Is "The Milkman" still available or is he back on the farm?

DaleJRFan
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
When is he up for arbitration or FA??

Infallible
04-11-2005, 11:08 AM
A year ago, almost to the day, you could take this poll and replace "Crede" with "Rowand" and have virtually the same poll. Give him some time. These threads are getting old.

but what about the year before last? The difference is Joe Crede is a have never but "potentially" could be. Potentionally means little to nothing if we sit through 10 years of nothing. Rowand improved last year but Joe got worse. The year is still early to get too carried away with Joe but from just this spring and opening games he looks the exact same as last year.......thats not good.

Mickster
04-11-2005, 11:44 AM
but what about the year before last? The difference is Joe Crede is a have never but "potentially" could be. Potentionally means little to nothing if we sit through 10 years of nothing. Rowand improved last year but Joe got worse. The year is still early to get too carried away with Joe but from just this spring and opening games he looks the exact same as last year.......thats not good.

Rowand did not improve at the beginning of last year! He started off horrible at the plate and his defense was suspect at best. He started to improve mid-May and really took off from there. Many would argue that he was our team MVP, just didn't start out that way.

We're 6 games in. Give Crede the benefit of the doubt. If it is May 1 and his bat is still sluggish, then let's talk. Until then, let's lay off the caffeine. :wired:

daveeym
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Crede's slightly above average at best with his fielding and way behind most of those in front and around him offensively. The gold glove crede crap has got to stop.

col castilla .987
fla lowell - .982
tor hinkske - .978
la - beltre - .978
stl rolen - .977
atl jones - .975
chc ramirez - .969
pit sucks team wide - .969
oak chavez - .968
kc randa - .967
nyy arod - .965
cws crede - .965
sf alfonso - .965
min - koskie .963
sd burroughs - .957
tex blalock - .957
mon batista - .954
hou ensberg - .949
balt mora - .948
sea sucks team wide - .948
ana - figgins - .944
phi bell - .943
bos mueller - .943
tam huff - .943
cle blake -.939
cinci sucks team wide - .938
az tracy - .935
det - munson .934
mil sucks team wide - .934
nym sucks team wide - .932

HITMEN OF 77
04-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh how I wish Gload could play third.

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm still going to support Crede, but this is his year, like many have said before, to either perform or risk it costing him his job.I hope Crede can pull it together this year and finally have his best season.

voodoochile
04-11-2005, 12:08 PM
I voted for option one because I don't see an option for the choice I would make - "Give the kid a chance to get comfortable this season and replace him only if he doesn't improve and when a better option is available".

It's a haters poll so I figured I would go as far to the extreme as I could because I hate the haters...

rdwj
04-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I think Crede will be fine this year. I don't know if it will be a "break-out" season for him, but he's given me hope at the plate. I know the numbers aren't there, but he's really been hitting the ball hard - just right at people.

His D - I won't question. He's pretty solid.

Tekijawa
04-11-2005, 12:29 PM
I was a huge Crede Supporter... but I'm begining to think that the cause may be lost.

Infallible
04-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Rowand did not improve at the beginning of last year! He started off horrible at the plate and his defense was suspect at best. He started to improve mid-May and really took off from there. Many would argue that he was our team MVP, just didn't start out that way.

We're 6 games in. Give Crede the benefit of the doubt. If it is May 1 and his bat is still sluggish, then let's talk. Until then, let's lay off the caffeine. :wired:

Has reading comprehension really deteriorated this far this fast? Please enlighten me where I said anything about Rowand improving in the begining of last year? Might perchance you did not read where I stated quote, This year is still early to get too carried away with Joe, unquote? You speak of laying off the caffeine, I would suggest for yourself to lay off the crack.

Foulke You
04-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm not going to give up on Crede just yet, but let me see if I can turn this into a "if I were KW" thread. Let's say that it is 1 week before the trade deadline this season and Crede is having a year like last year, .238 avg 10HRs 35 RBI and average defense.

What free agent-to be third baseman could possibly be available out there would you want that would be a significant improvement on Crede? My vote would be to and pry Joe Randa away from the Reds if they are out of it. He fits the Ozzieball/KW grinder mold, he knows the AL Central well, is a veteran and would be a nice fit on a contending club. Any thoughts?

Shorty1983
04-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Has reading comprehension really deteriorated this far this fast? Please enlighten me where I said anything about Rowand improving in the begining of the year? Might perchance you did not read where I stated quote This year is still early to get too carried away with Joe unquote? You speak of laying off the caffeine, I would suggest for yourself to lay off the crack.

You had engfish this mourning, not caffeine.

Infallible
04-11-2005, 01:28 PM
You had engfish this mourning, not caffeine.

Does engfish mean grieving?

ma_deuce
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I thought we were going to be finished with all the Crede talk?

Why has he been traded for an average third baseman?

Jjav829
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Pablo Ozuna is the equivalent of a backup QB. There's a popular expression in football that the most popular guy on the team is the backup QB. Any QB who plays bad automatically brings about a response from the fans that the backup should be in there. This is Pablo Ozuna. Everyone is calling for him now, but when he gets in there regularly - much like the backup QB - he's likely to be exposed. I suppose it's the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

Ol' No. 2
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM

So I'm asking you to come up with a solution. Instead of the incessant bitching.Your being logical is taking all the fun out of it.

shoota
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
What free agent-to be third baseman could possibly be available out there would you want that would be a significant improvement on Crede? My vote would be to and pry Joe Randa away from the Reds if they are out of it. He fits the Ozzieball/KW grinder mold, he knows the AL Central well, is a veteran and would be a nice fit on a contending club. Any thoughts?

I think Joe Randa would be an excellent 3bman for the Sox. His statistics aren't flashy, but he can work a count, wait for his pitch and get a hit. Like you said, he can play unselfish ball, allowing him to fit into this team's concept right away.

ma_deuce: that sig is awesome. It's even better with that change. :gulp:

swanson24
04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Let's give Crede one more year. We all know that he struggles at the plate in April and usually through the first half of the season but Josh Fields is not ready yet and I highly doubt that the Sox will trade for a third baseman seeing as how Ozzie is the president of the Joe Crede fan club. Everyone has to admit that the guy is well above average with the glove and in the field.

Daver
04-11-2005, 07:18 PM

I would think Micah Schnurstein will also get a look.

hose
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
I would think Micah Schnurstein will also get a look.

I got the impression Josh was on the fast track, but if Micah can keep developing then I think Ozzie will give him a shot.

After waiving Ben Davis and his million dollar salary I think it sent a message which will only keep the competion flames burning.

soxfanforlife28
04-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Whether you like Crede or not, I think we all agree that Joe Crede is not the long-term solution to third base for our White Sox. So, when should he be replaced?Hes got a great glove though. I think we should wait and see how he progresses then think about replacements. Cuz the seasons still early!

A. Cavatica
04-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I voted to upgrade when a better player becomes available, but I would vote that way for anyone on the club.

Our destiny at 3B seems to be Corey Koskie. Think about it. After the Indians' dynasty ended, we got Belle, Lofton, both Alomars, Colon, and almost got Omar Vizquel. Now we have AJ...

PAPChiSox729
04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Relpace Crede once you find a better replacement. We shouldn't dump Crede just to dump Crede and then create a bigger hole at 3B.