PDA

View Full Version : Bat-chucking contest

White_Sock
04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Anyone else catch this? Jaque Jones sent a bat into the Sox dugout in the bottom of the second. Then, in the top of the seventh Uribe sent a bat flying into the Twinkies dugout. Gardenhire and crew kind of chuckled afterwords. Anything to this or just coincidence?

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Jones does that alot, but I'm not so sure about Uribe. I almost wouldn't be surprised if Juan didn't throw his on purpose as a joke, but I really doubt it...:cool:

Brian26
04-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Anyone else catch this? Jaque Jones sent a bat into the Sox dugout in the bottom of the second. Then, in the top of the seventh Uribe sent a bat flying into the Twinkies dugout. Gardenhire and crew kind of chuckled afterwords. Anything to this or just coincidence?

I caught that. Nobody seemed to make anything of it, but it did cross my mind that Uribe's slip may have been less "accidental" than it seemed to be. He missed Gardenhire by 5-feet to the left.

Cowch44
04-10-2005, 06:23 PM
I thought it was great. A fight would be kinda cool tonight, especially on Sunday Night Baseball.:redneck

NonetheLoaiza
04-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I thought it was great. A fight would be kinda cool tonight, especially on Sunday Night Baseball.:redneck

Yea, but it would also give the ESPN crew another chance to bash us. "Oh look at these White Sox, what an unclassy team" etc etc. I just hope Sutcliffe isnt doing the game tonight...

C-Dawg
04-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Heh heh, but it was Saturday's game we're talking about.

There were sure a lot of broken bats during that game, too i noticed.

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Heh heh, but it was Saturday's game we're talking about.

There were sure a lot of broken bats during that game, too i noticed.

Courtesy of Jon "The Saw" Garland...:?: