PDA

View Full Version : What Twins fans think of their new ads...

chisoxmike
04-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Twins ads responces (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-twins/messages/?msg=12417)

SOX ADDICT '73
04-10-2005, 03:59 PM
This one was my favorite:

It was when that Sox fan put the hot sauce on Sammy Sosa's food, totally classless.
:rolling:

That was a flippin' PEPSI COMMERCIAL, you moron! And defending poor Sammy Sosa? Gimme a break...:rolleyes:

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Of course I am a little biased, but I don't think they are that bad. And the best way to shut us up is by beating us like you guys have done these past two days.

Banix12
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
You know, I don't exactly have a problem with the ads either. They are made for Twins fans so the target audience is bound to love them and since we're the butt of the joke, we're bound to hate them. It's like when we mock the cubs, we love when ads to that and cubs fans get ticked off, which only makes us like the ad more.

Just on a pragmatic advertising basis, it's a good ad. As a sox fan, I hope we continue to kick their butt on the field, but that's a separate matter from the ad.

DaveIsHere
04-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Of course I am a little biased, but I don't think they are that bad. And the best way to shut us up is by beating us like you guys have done these past two days.

Behave....Karl....Behave.....................

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Behave....Karl....Behave.....................

lol Don't worry just here to see Sox fans perspective. I am a good:dtroll:

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:33 PM
On a side note I hate the MLB message boards, there design sucks. You guys got a good site here.

Jjav829
04-10-2005, 04:38 PM
On a side note I hate the MLB message boards, there design sucks. You guys got a good site here.

Welcome Aboard. :D:

Play nice and you can be the new ma-gaga. We've been looking for a new one anyway... :P

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:40 PM

Play nice and you can be the new ma-gaga. We've been looking for a new one anyway... :P

ma-gaga Eh? :?:

Jjav829
04-10-2005, 04:42 PM
ma-gaga Eh? :?:

ma-gaga (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=46) is our resident Twins fan. He's the only one that has managed to stick around and not act like a troll.

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok I get you.

DaveIsHere
04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
ma-gaga (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=46) is our resident Twins fan. He's the only one that has managed to stick around and not act like a troll.

Is this true, never knew that.hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, have to agree with Karl the MLB boards suck and this one rules, I think Karl should make a friendly donations to WSI:D:

I should probably do the same:(:

ma-gaga
04-11-2005, 12:14 AM

Good Ma-gaga. Bad Ma-gaga. I'm the one with the gun.
:cool:

Jjav, You Rat bastard. Stabbing me in the back.

skobabe8
04-11-2005, 01:55 AM
someone there said our ads arent that good??? Better email Brooks to get them changed!

ehren
04-11-2005, 12:15 PM
the other thing about the Twins MLB.com messageboard is that it's primarily made up of soccer moms and other witless people who are bandwagon jumpers.

side note: I'm also a Twins fan but I've been lurking here since about August of last year, so I kinda feel like I know what goes on a little bit. I love the level of discussion that goes on here and hope that I can make a positive contribution here.

ma_deuce
04-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Good Ma-gaga. Bad Ma-gaga. I'm the one with the gun.

I've always viewed you as more of a Smeagol-like troll.

http://www.fantasy-world-review.com/images/gollum-standee.jpg

"Yes, Ma-gaga know the way to the precious division title. Good Ma-gaga takes nice Sox fanses there. Yeeesssss... Does Sox fan want churro? So juicy sweeeeeet!"

:)

Foulke You
04-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Whatever happened to Fhgohgds? Did he get banned?

hose
04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Whatever happened to Fhgohgds? Did he get banned?

I think he is a lumberjacking up in the Great White North.

In between swinging an axe and sawing some logs he tunes into Twins games on a transistor radio.

BankHoldUp
04-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned previously, I ran a few searches and didn't see any threads, but I was watching a Twins broadcast a few days ago and sure enough one of their commercials for ticket sales takes a straight blast at the White Sox. Don't know if this is available online anywhere but surely it must be. The premise is this: A lady is shown scrubbing her dirty bathroom floor, when she goes to wring out the rag she is using it is revealed to be a lovely White Sox jersey. She wrings it out then proceeds to continue to scrub the floor followed by the This Is Twins Country slogan appearing on screen. I've watched a few of their broadcasts this year and as far as I can tell the White Sox are the only team that gets blasted in their commercials. Now I know this isn't the most offensive thing the Twins could do, but I found it odd that the Twins front office really wants to take this marketing approach. I must admit I was a bit stirred up when I saw it especially since I cannot recall the White Sox ever going after its divisional foes in commercials (we've taken our shots at the Cubs though I know). With Minnesota constantly being billed as "what's right with baseball" I guess they are trying to shed that squeaky clean image and get a little bit of an edge. Either that or they just wanted to upset us. I hate the Twins...actually, I hate the entire AL Central.

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Good. I like that because it enhances our rivalry, which drives up ticket sales when they come to Chicago to get swept. Keep up the negative publicity Minnesota, because it will only help the South Side.

wdelaney72
04-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Nothing wrong with that commercial. All in good fun. I just hope the Sox continue to disprove "what's right with baseball" all season.

ehren
04-12-2005, 12:18 PM
I found the Sox commercial humorous, and contributing to the rivalry. there's a lot more offensive commercial the Twins are running as part of their new campaign, in which a guy is staring at his fireplace mantel and ditches his Uncle Phil's urn in favor of a Joe Mauer bobblehead, because he was a 'Yankee fan, anyway'. didn't find that one too amusing.

Shammy Hater
04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Foulke You is hands down the best nick on this board.

LuvSox
06-09-2005, 09:31 PM
ehh, :whatever: Let 'em dream. Hey, how about a commercial telling how they choke in the playoffs?

Lip Man 1
06-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Ron Rapoport had that item in his column I want to say about six weeks ago.

Lip

BigHurt359300
06-09-2005, 09:35 PM
How about the Sox make a commercial showing Aaron Rowand kicking Torii Hunter in the face?!?! That would make good TV. The Twins are a little jealous this year, and I like it

Babe The Blue Ox
06-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned previously, I ran a few searches and didn't see any threads, but I was watching a Twins broadcast a few days ago and sure enough one of their commercials for ticket sales takes a straight blast at the White Sox. Don't know if this is available online anywhere but surely it must be. The premise is this: A lady is shown scrubbing her dirty bathroom floor, when she goes to wring out the rag she is using it is revealed to be a lovely White Sox jersey. She wrings it out then proceeds to continue to scrub the floor followed by the This Is Twins Country slogan appearing on screen. I've watched a few of their broadcasts this year and as far as I can tell the White Sox are the only team that gets blasted in their commercials. Now I know this isn't the most offensive thing the Twins could do, but I found it odd that the Twins front office really wants to take this marketing approach. I must admit I was a bit stirred up when I saw it especially since I cannot recall the White Sox ever going after its divisional foes in commercials (we've taken our shots at the Cubs though I know). With Minnesota constantly being billed as "what's right with baseball" I guess they are trying to shed that squeaky clean image and get a little bit of an edge. Either that or they just wanted to upset us. I hate the Twins...actually, I hate the entire AL Central.

Actually, while the Yankees were in town, they played that same ad with the woman cleaning the bathroom floor with a Yankees jersey. They probably had her do the same add with all of the AL jerseys...Ads for any baseball game are to get the casual fan to the ballpark - if it means creating a supposed rivalry for Joe Six-Pack to show up, so be it. The rarer real fans go for a particular match-up, or to support their team, or to skip out on work (you need to be a real fan to sit in the baggie dome on a nice day in Minnesota).

I hope that the division remains tight until the Twins play the Sox again for what is it 13? games in August and September? There is nothing better than games that matter at that point in the season.