PDA

View Full Version : Suggested New Chants

jeremydavid
04-10-2005, 01:40 PM
So me and other SOX fans were watching :gulp: the game last night and me my friend came up with two new chants we should implement to replace the Magglio one.

1. They should play O E O for Pods. "O E O Scotty Po"

2. In the same rhythm and style "Whos That Guy. Jermaine Dye"

Pretty amazing and I am sure they will catch on.

Thoughts?

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 01:48 PM
So me and other SOX fans were watching :gulp: the game last night and me my friend came up with two new chants we should implement to replace the Magglio one.

Thoughts?

Let's stay simple. Whenever Giambi or Sheffield or any of the purported steroid users come to the plate, a simple, loud, insistent chant of:

CHEAT-ER... CHEAT-ER... CHEAT-ER...

will do.

bafiarocks03
04-10-2005, 01:50 PM
no no no! we can't do O E O Scotty po! that was magglio's! :(:

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 01:50 PM
You could make this work
o - e - o Tadaaaaaahito

SpammySosa
04-10-2005, 02:18 PM

Thoughts?

Please tell me the whole post was supposed to be in teal!:o:

MeanFish
04-10-2005, 03:09 PM
It's not a chant so much, but I always thought that it'd be cool to mess with the opposing pitcher in pressure situations by shaking coffee cans with a few pieces of change inside.

chisoxmike
04-10-2005, 03:22 PM
"Scotty Po" is way too cute and lovable.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 03:42 PM
I would like to recycle the old HAR-OLD, HAR-OLD chant to Paaaaaul-ly, Paaaaaaul-ly.

While I'm on the Paulie Kool-Aid, O - E - O, Kooooo - ner - kO works as well.

Does anything works with Aaron Rowand? Tough name.

I want Mags back
04-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Let's stay simple. Whenever Giambi or Sheffield or any of the purported steroid users come to the plate, a simple, loud, insistent chant of:

CHEAT-ER... CHEAT-ER... CHEAT-ER...

will do.

I cant wait to sit in RIGHT FIELD on may 12th

I sure will give sammy alot of that

Stroker Ace
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Here's my Rowand chant: Lets-go-A-Row!!!!!!!!

OG4LIFE
04-10-2005, 05:47 PM
anything including O E O needs to die. personally, i really thought that was pretty dumb.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-10-2005, 05:49 PM
i love it

PAPChiSox729
04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
O-E-O will always be Maggs chant even though most Sox fans now hate him. I don't think that "Scotty Po" works very well anyways. "Who's that guy? Jermaine Dye!" sounds way too much like a cheerleader and I don't like that at all.

soxfanforlife28
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM

Thoughts?
Or maybe when pods steals a base u hear the sound of a dragster peeling out down the road kinda sound would be neat!

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 10:36 PM

Followed by the clapping, I like it. But if people start calling him A-Row I'll cringe. Hate that.

peeonwrigley
04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
It's not a chant so much, but I always thought that it'd be cool to mess with the opposing pitcher in pressure situations by shaking coffee cans with a few pieces of change inside.

I live near a baseball/softball complex at home... the little girls teams always do this and its really annoying when they have Saturday morning games. Actually, its always annoying.

In my opinion, if you're gonna make noise, old fashioned clapping and yelling is the way to go.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2005, 01:02 AM
How about we chant Hit us a dong you're the Iguchi man...hit us a dong tonight.

Hell, we can do it for every player on the team, it's gold.

Hit us a dong you're the Willie man...

Hit us a dong you're the Crede man...
We have to honor Billy Joel somehow, people.

sox230
04-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Let's call Iguchi Goooooooooooch... I love chants that resemble an "ooooooo" except when its for people that pee on their hands. By the way this is my first ever post! GO SOX from college in Ann Arbor

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:03 AM
How about a "franchise" chant for Big Frank? I know it's late in his career, but never too late to show appreciation.

DaleJRFan
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I would like to recycle the old HAR-OLD, HAR-OLD chant to Paaaaaul-ly, Paaaaaaul-ly.

While I'm on the Paulie Kool-Aid, O - E - O, Kooooo - ner - kO works as well.

Does anything works with Aaron Rowand? Tough name.

How 'bout O - E - O... AAAAAA ROOOOOWWW

irish rover
04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
if this team runs like it is advertised, why not go old school and yell "GO, GO....." like the old go go white sox

CorkNKerrys
04-12-2005, 04:35 PM
The Oo-Ee-Oo was for Ordonez, and like him, the chant is now the property of the Tigers.

Can't we come up with something more original then just substituting old chants?

Here's where I would put a suggestion, if I myself were clever and not just able to point out the shortcomings of others.