PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the killer jerseys

Baby Fisk
04-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Good grief. Saturday, the Rockies wore some god-awful sleeveless black jersey with priestly white trim. Today, the Braves unveiled alternate red jerseys. The puke tag would be very appropriate here. What a horrible trend. To top it off, I have to listen to this monkey on MLB.com:

:chimp
"Check out those Sunday Red jerseys! Those are some fine looking togs!"

Stroker Ace
04-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I saw the Rockies jerseys on sportscenter last night. Is it a rule that every team must have an ugly alternate jersey. Don't make an alternate just to have an alternate.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-10-2005, 01:36 PM
The Braves in Red uniforms vs the Mets in black uniforms today..

:chunks

RKMeibalane
04-10-2005, 04:11 PM
The idea of the third uniform passed the ridiculous stage a long time ago. It seems as though every team has one. The Phoenix Suns have that stupid orange jersey. The New Orleans Hornets have a yellow jersey, as do the Sonics. The Nets have an ugly grey uniform, and so on, and so on. When does it end?

I don't have a problem with teams occasionally wearing an alternate uniform, but it seems like teams wear those damn things every other game. It's irritating. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I've always thought that the uniform was as much of an identifyer of a particular team as the players were. In other words, when I turn on a game, I expect to see certain uniforms. It's part of how I remember teams.

If you'd like a real-life example, think about a team like the Yankees (yes, I know they're irritating). I have known a few true Yankee fans during my lifeitme, and many of them identify as much with the "Yankee Pinstripes" as they do with names like Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, etc. Because of the different uniforms being used now, that seems to have gotten lost.

skobabe8
04-10-2005, 04:25 PM
You might as well toss in the 'throwback' jerseys, too. Some teams in the NBA wear those more than their regular threads.

RKMeibalane
04-10-2005, 05:45 PM
You might as well toss in the 'throwback' jerseys, too. Some teams in the NBA wear those more than their regular threads.

And most of those are hideous. If I never see a Knicks throwback jersey again, it will be too soon.

BridgePortNative
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
What I find interesting is that the Colorado Rockies Home White Pinstripes uniforms looks exactly like ours:?: They have the same sleeveless ones with black sleeves on that one, the position of the logo is also in the same place and style.:?: Maybe whoever desighned those may have been lookin' at ours:cool:

doublem23
04-10-2005, 05:53 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050409/capt.fxpb10904092313.rockies_giants_fxpb109.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050410/capt.gaja10704102050.mets_braves_gaja107.jpg

Barf. The Rockies' vests are just awful, and I think 99.9% of baseball jerseys that aren't white, gray or black are awful. Really, the only one off the top of my head I like is that all-blue jersey the Royals where from time to time. Now that they have their ****ty black ones and ugly ass vests, they never wear 'em.

doublem23
04-10-2005, 05:54 PM
And most of those are hideous. If I never see a Knicks throwback jersey again, it will be too soon.

Come on guys, all other throwbacks take a backseat to the Hawks' lime green piece of ****.

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/mn-haw72a44.jpg

RKMeibalane
04-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Come on guys, all other throwbacks take a backseat to the Hawks' lime green piece of ****.

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/mn-haw72a44.jpg

:chunks

robertks61
04-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Today the Rockies wore the black vest with purple sleeves. YUCK!

bmac5001
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
that rockies all black jersey is pretty terrible, but i kinda like the braves alternate...maybe i'm just mesmorized by the color red.

Unregistered
04-10-2005, 07:05 PM
that rockies all black jersey is pretty terrible, but i kinda like the braves alternate...maybe i'm just mesmorized by the color red.When I saw them on TV, I thought they looked like bootleg Starter jerseys they'd sell at an Atlanta flea market.

I vote barf.

Brian26
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
The Braves jersey are awful. Did they ever have a dark blue alternate? That's a more appropriate color for them. The red jersey doesn't work at all.

FightingBillini
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
The Braves jersey are awful. Did they ever have a dark blue alternate? That's a more appropriate color for them. The red jersey doesn't work at all.
I agree. I would like to see the Braves wear a navy jersey. That being said, I kinda like the red Braves jerseys. The only problem is the hats. If they are going to wear the red, they need a solid navy hat. They have a new alternate hat, but it looks almost identical to regluar hat and it has a red brim.

Brian26
04-10-2005, 10:10 PM
They have a new alternate hat, but it looks almost identical to regluar hat and it has a red brim.

I saw that- it had a tomahawk across the "A". Pretty cool. The red jerseys are awful though.

SomebodyToldMe
04-11-2005, 03:43 AM
I kinda like those Rockies jerseys :redface:

And I love that alternate Braves hat. The jersey is just nasty though. But the hat is great.