PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

soxfan43
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Just saw baseball tonight for today and they were raving about buerhle and the sox for a while. Good to see some national attention for him. Can't wait to see this matchup tonight

A.T. Money
04-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh now they like us? Such windsocks. Harold Reynolds and Bostom Gammons both make me want to puke.

UofCSoxFan
04-10-2005, 11:53 AM
"If you want proof of the media bias in chicago look no further than the lack of respect for what mark buehrle has done the past 4 seasons."

-campbell

AntoneSmith2
04-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Im glad they finally gave MB some love.

I cannot wait for this game tonight!

soxfan43
04-10-2005, 11:56 AM
This is a great game for espn to have. The twins hate buerhle and santana coming off his cy young season, can't ask for a better matchup. and oh look, the sox made it on sunday night baseball before the cubs

Rocklive99
04-10-2005, 11:59 AM
I didn't see it, but Soup has always been my favorite Baseball Tonight guy. There was another guy that was always on that was cool, but I forgot his name because he is rarely on ESPN now. The problems have been Brantley, Phillips, Sutcliffe, etc.

santo=dorf
04-10-2005, 12:04 PM
ESPNEWS will be having a preview of the game coming up.

I loved hearing Blockhead kiss up to Buehrle, and why didn't Phillips come out and say on national TV that the White Sox were going to have the largest dropoff in wins and will only win 72 games? :?: :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
For many years I religiously watched 'Baseball Tonight.'

I'd never miss it because they had on people who knew the game and could express themselves very well...guys like Jim Katt and Bill Robinson as analysts. In fact current Nightline correspondent Dave Marash was the original host of 'Baseball Tonight' (I have the tapes) and did well back in 1990. (Yes the show has been on for that long!)

Now I don't even bother watching anymore.

John Kruk is a disaster and Harold Reynolds to me comes across as goofy with a whiny voice. I liked the host Karl Ravich (sorry about the spelling) who I thought was a baseball fan but when the playoffs rolled around I always felt it was totally wrong for ESPN to 'suddenly' have the bloated gas-bag Chris Berman take over as host simply because the playoffs were 'a big event...' Ravich was always relagated to reporter/interviewer.

To me 'Baseball Tonight' is a waste of time. I get my news from 'SportsCenter' and 'Sports Nite,' on Comcast Sports Chicago.

Lip

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I didn't see it, but Soup has always been my favorite Baseball Tonight guy.

Yeah, he's really dumb but lovable, like a pet hamster.

jlim
04-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Who is Soup?

OEO Magglio
04-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Who is Soup?
Dave Cambell.

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 01:46 PM
For many years I religiously watched 'Baseball Tonight.'

I'd never miss it because they had on people who knew the game and could express themselves very well...guys like Jim Katt and Bill Robinson as analysts. In fact current Nightline correspondent Dave Marash was the original host of 'Baseball Tonight' (I have the tapes) and did well back in 1990. (Yes the show has been on for that long!)

Now I don't even bother watching anymore.

Me neither. As far as the AL goes, all they even talk about is Yankees/Red Sox, ad nauseum. They've gone so native (because of their massive MLB contract?) they rarely discuss the elephants in the living rooms (like, say, rampant nepotism in the umpiring crews).

The only thing that's declined further than BT is espn.go.com, which is beyond useless with all the pay stories and the incredible ascent of the Duke of Insipidborough, Buster Olney.

BTW, has anyone else noticed silence over at aarongleeman.com? Ain't it sweet?

oldcomiskey
04-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I rememeber what Campbell said about Frank--how he flat out couldnt hit--he lost all credibilty with me after that

Jurr
04-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Me neither. As far as the AL goes, all they even talk about is Yankees/Red Sox, ad nauseum. They've gone so native (because of their massive MLB contract?) they rarely discuss the elephants in the living rooms (like, say, rampant nepotism in the umpiring crews).

The only thing that's declined further than BT is espn.go.com, which is beyond useless with all the pay stories and the incredible ascent of the Duke of Insipidborough, Buster Olney.

BTW, has anyone else noticed silence over at aarongleeman.com? Ain't it sweet?
We have ways around the pay stories. Anyone care for a password???

illinibk
04-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?
Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.
Archie Graham: Right.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.
Archie: Hey ump, how about a warning?
Umpire: Watch out you don't get killed!

Ahhh, good stuff

chisoxmike
04-10-2005, 03:24 PM
And if the Sox lose tonight to the future world series champions they'll go back to how we are a 4th place team.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 03:46 PM
"If you want proof of the media bias in chicago look no further than the lack of respect for what mark buehrle has done the past 4 seasons."

-campbell

I'm sure if Santana wasn't involved the promo would have been the "new look White Sox" or something else with NO MENTION OF BUHRLE. Note the LACK of teal usage.

I want Mags back
04-10-2005, 04:44 PM
http://www.avatarmagic.com/avatars/television/Crank.Yankers/special_ed.gif

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Nard
04-10-2005, 06:54 PM
FIFTEEN ****ING MINUTES BEFORE THE FIRST PITCH

Harold: This is gonna be a fun little matchup in the central. The Indians, Tigers, and Twins are going to be going at it all year long and it's gonna be fun.

Iguana775
04-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Harold: This is gonna be a fun little matchup in the central. The Indians, Tigers, and Twins are going to be going at it all year long and it's gonna be fun.

i caught that too. ***? I guess the Sox should just give up and call it a year.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 06:56 PM
It's 6:45pm, minutes before tonights Twins game and they have referred to Torii Hunter and discussed Santana. They have made no mention of their opponent, let alone Mark Buhrle. But the real reason I am posting, they just played the Indians VS Tigers hi-lights and Harold Reynolds said "Wow, it should really be a good race in the Central this year between Detroit, Cleveland and the Twins." MORONS!!!! Edit: Man you guys are fast with the posts, you beat me.

JoseCanseco6969
04-10-2005, 06:57 PM

I was just about to post that garbage, typical.

balke
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey, did you guys see "Ben-Sheetsesque" Bonderman out there today. All these analysts really hit the nail on the head with thier predictions!

We own right now. That's my analysis. GO MB!

Nard
04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Jon Miller pimping the underrated Twins-Sox rivalry, awesome.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 07:04 PM
All roads lead to the dang Red Sox and Yankees. On the game broadcast they (Miller) just called our rivalry the poor man's Red Sox vs Yankees. Well.....maybe they have a point! Still annoying.

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
i caught that too. ***? I guess the Sox should just give up and call it a year.

Can you believe that guy!?!?! I nearly spit my ice cream all over the screen when he said that... I hope we win the Pennant this year just to get him to ****...

Nard
04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Nah, I didn't take it like that. Jon was saying that the rivarly is just as heated and good as the Boston-Yankees one and it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

But of course if they weren't happening to be broadcasting a Sox game there's no chance in hell they'd be talking about us.

santo=dorf
04-10-2005, 07:10 PM
But of course if they weren't happening to be broadcasting a Sox game there's no chance in hell they'd be talking about us.
I'm sure you also find it ironic how these guys talk about how Buehrle and the Sox-Twins rivalry doesn't get much attention from the media. HEY *******S!!! YOU ARE THE MEDIA!!! **** ABOUT YANKS-RED SOX ALREADY!! :angry:

havelj
04-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Anyone have Harold Reynolds' email address?

DannyCaterFan
04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Regarding tonight's Baseball Tonight telecast, Harold Reynolds also made the statement that the AL Central should be very interesting this season with the Indians, Tigers, and Twins battling it out all season. he made that comment after seeng the highlights of today's Tigers, Indians game. This guy is a real joke! :angry:

darklord23
04-10-2005, 09:26 PM
did anyone catch the part about them comparing which sport is harder baseball or golf? i cant see how they can compare the two since baseball is a team sport and golf its just you competing against other people. they are both hard in their respective ways. i didn't see a need to compare the two they are nothing alike.

kevingrt
04-10-2005, 09:59 PM
did anyone catch the part about them comparing which sport is harder baseball or golf? i cant see how they can compare the two since baseball is a team sport and golf its just you competing against other people. they are both hard in their respective ways. i didn't see a need to compare the two they are nothing alike.

I absolutely hate when people compare sports on difficulty levels. Each sport has it's fair share of mental battles and physical battles some outweighing others. And you are so right, golf is individual and baseball is a team sport despite what some players show. I could have sworn those were discussions done in grade school. Oh well, BTN will be BTN.

And those stupid East Coast people, three friggin Yankee vs BoSox games on this week. It's plain disgusting!

infohawk
04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
It's 6:45pm, minutes before tonights Twins game and they have referred to Torii Hunter and discussed Santana. They have made no mention of their opponent, let alone Mark Buhrle. But the real reason I am posting, they just played the Indians VS Tigers hi-lights and Harold Reynolds said "Wow, it should really be a good race in the Central this year between Detroit, Cleveland and the Twins." MORONS!!!! Edit: Man you guys are fast with the posts, you beat me.

Yeah, if we win the division and go to the world series, I'll half expect the Baseball Tonight crew to commiserate in this manner:

Harold Reynolds: "It's really unfortunate and sad that the Chicago White Sox are playing in the World Series. They really undermined our hopes for a Twins/Cubs Series. I mean, come-on, we've been pushing that storyline all year, and the White Sox, the WHITE SOX, ruin it again. It's like 1919 all over again."

Peter Gammons: "We'll, the White Sox are a pretty good team. Kenny Williams had done a good job rebuilding them into a contender. Fortunately for the White Sox, though, Boston didn't play very good baseball in the ALCS."

Steve Philips: "Congratulations to the White Sox and their fans, but, I have to say, this team has totally lucked into the Series. This team has not been constructed to get this far into the playoffs. Trust me, I know. I put together the 2000 Mets."

John Kruk: "Unbelievable, just unbelievable. I would have bet everything I owned that the White Sox wouldn't even make the playoffs. Look at them, they don't have Carlos Lee or Magglio Ordonez anymore. El Duque is like 65 years old, and Contreras? Contreras couldn't find the strikezone if he had a personal tour guide! They better enjoy it while they're here, because it won't happen again. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny Williams is fired at the end of the season once Jerry Reinsdorf realizes that this team, despite incredible luck, isn't really that good."

Chris Berman: "You guys like my flourescent jacket?"