PDA

View Full Version : Radke quote.

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 12:14 AM
From FoxSports.com

"They can get out and win as many games as they want," Radke said, shrugging. "It's April."

Kind of a wierd thing to say. If the Sox do get out and win as many games as they want in april, the Twins could find themselves in a particularly big hole. A little bitterness from Radke maybe???

RKMeibalane
04-10-2005, 12:16 AM
From FoxSports.com

Kind of a wierd thing to say. If the Sox do get out and win as many games as they want in april, the Twins could find themselves in a particularly big hole. A little bitterness from Radke maybe???

Typical Twins comment. This team is nothing but a collection of whiners and complainers. The moment the **** hits the fan, they start bitching. If the Sox win tomorrow, I guarantee that Torii Hunter will open his mouth.

skobabe8
04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
From FoxSports.com

Sounds like someones getting tesy already

oeo
04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
So is he trying to say that the Twins are not trying or what? They're getting a little too used to the Sox dropping out of the race for the division, we need to show them up this year.

And I'm glad they're already getting a little mad about it, keep getting mad...start losing.

munchman33
04-10-2005, 12:19 AM
This is great news. Usually its our guys saying its only April.

Whitesox029
04-10-2005, 12:25 AM
He'll relinquish that statement when the Twins are 2 games out of first place with one game left to play in the season. That would mean that his loss today--in April-- will have prevented them from having the chance to tie it up.

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 12:26 AM
This is great news. Usually its our guys saying its only April.:rolling: funny but true

voodoochile
04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Bull..
I...
Ten...
Ma...
Ter...
I...
Al...

Someone post it in the clubhouse and then go do it...

Tadahito
04-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Do wins count as less in the W column in April?

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 12:35 AM
I've been thinking about Radke's quote since I've posted it and have come up with a rough translation. "They can go out an win all the games they want" roughly translates into "I gave up 2 BOMBS in each of my first 2 starts of the season, maybe if I say something snotty towards the other team I won't lose my spot in the rotation." and all I could come up with for "it's April" is "I still have time to brush up on my panhandling skills before I get dumped to waivers"

SABRSox
04-10-2005, 12:36 AM
If I were a Twins fan I'd be a little uncomfortable if my team was counting on a White Sox swoon to win the division. Because that ain't gonna happen this year!

gobears1987
04-10-2005, 12:37 AM
There has to be a
:chickenlittle

tag for the Twins.

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
There has to be a

tag for the Twins.

I'll make one up give me a minute

SABRSox
04-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Here's my submission:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2672&stc=1

Ol' No. 2
04-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I hate to be the wet blanket, here, but Radke is right. The Twins were 8 games back in June of 2003 and we all know how that turned out. A game in April counts the same as one in September, but it's still just a couple of games. There's a long way to go.

soltrain21
04-10-2005, 01:10 AM
I hate to be the wet blanket, here, but Radke is right. The Twins were 8 games back in June of 2003 and we all know how that turned out. A game in April counts the same as one in September, but it's still just a couple of games. There's a long way to go.

KC also had a chokejob to end all chokejobs. If we consistently win then that isn't a problem. Every game counts, I don't care what Radke says.

Soxzilla
04-10-2005, 01:12 AM

Problem is...

Who was talking **** on the white sox to warrant this lame response from Radke.

Mr. Bitter needs to get a dose of reality. I'd rather be winning in April, than losing in April.

Grade A douchebag.

cheeses_h_rice
04-10-2005, 01:13 AM

Sounds like a slight bit of smacktalk, considering how the Sox have folded the past few seasons against the Twins when it really counted.

What I would love to happen is for the Sox to keep "winning all they want" through July, and suddenly the Twins find themselves 9 games out of first place. Hopefully Ozzie is well aware of the sad history of the Sox the past few years and will prevent a repeat.

OEO Magglio
04-10-2005, 01:16 AM
From FoxSports.com

Ridiculous quote. It's only a few games but every game counts and some times you can dig yourself in a big enough hole where you just can't get out of it. Just let us keep winning Brad, see how that works for you.

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Here's mine. It sucks but I didn't want to spend any time on it.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2673&stc=1

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM

True, but throw yourself in the dryer and enjoy having the best record in the AL while it lasts. :D:

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 01:40 AM
The Twins are a bunch of whiney crybabies who like to talk s**t and make excuses. After El Duque mopped the floor with them the other day, they complained about losing to "gimmicky pitchers" like Hernandez and Moyer.

Through four games, the Twins have now seen junk ball pitchers Hernandez and Seattle lefty Jamie Moyer. They lost both games. "A couple of guys with gimmicks," said third baseman Michael Cuddyer, who scored the Twins' lone run on Jason Bartlett's third-inning RBI single. "They're effective in their own right. [Hernandez] did well against us today. What can you say?"

These guys just can't admit to getting an old-school ass-whooping.

Then again.....

"They're looking good," Hunter added of the White Sox. "They're playing Ozzie Guillen ball and playing good ball right now."

StillMissOzzie
04-10-2005, 01:47 AM
I think that Hawk said it best:

:hawk
"You can't win a division in April but you can sure lose a division in April"

And the Sox have proven this.

SMO
:gulp:

SABRSox
04-10-2005, 02:32 AM
There has to be a

tag for the Twins.

Here's my final version, submitted for your approval:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2674&stc=1

Nate_in_Kansas
04-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Typical Twins comment. This team is nothing but a collection of whiners and complainers. The moment the **** hits the fan, they start bitching. If the Sox win tomorrow, I guarantee that Torii Hunter will open his mouth.

Radke's right, though. It's only April, so there's no sense in thinking the Sox have beat the world yet or anything. And to be perfectly fair and honest, isn't this what sox players have been doing the past four years? Whining and complaining when they lose and blaming guys like torii hunter for their own lack of heart?

Let's be gracious winners, guys. And let's not pretend that Sox players don't pull the same schtick.

soxtalker
04-10-2005, 08:32 AM
As pointed out earlier, they've come back in recent seasons after being several games out. Also, IIRC, didn't we have a winning record against them early last season. I'm glad we're winning, but the onus is on us to continue to win now and make it hold up.

kevingrt
04-10-2005, 11:24 AM
It's still great to start off the season on a very high note. History hopefully will mean nothing and we'll keeping on kicking Twinkie whip cream for the rest of the season.

zach074
04-10-2005, 11:33 AM
If the Sox win tomorrow, I guarantee that Torii Hunter will open his mouth.

Torii has never shut his mouth!

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 11:35 AM
KC also had a chokejob to end all chokejobs. If we consistently win then that isn't a problem. Every game counts, I don't care what Radke says.

KC's luck ran out. They weren't actually any good to begin with.

Winning now is like a 3-pointer with 18:18 left in the first half: as important as the buzzer beater in reality, but not in the novelized version. A win now is simply one more game you don't have to win in September.

My problem with Jerry Manuel all along was he didn't understand this. True, you don't wreck your chances for a season trying to win a game, but you never ever throw away games because you've already "won the series". Every loss is a wound. The ones in late September hurt more emotionally but they have the same net result.

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Torii has never shut his mouth!

Given he shot hit mouth off about taking AJ out of a game in public, if I were Kenny, I'd try to get him suspended. Given his history, it's no different than threatening to hit a batter.

StepsInSC
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
They own this division and its a long season. Let them talk all they want.

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
They own this division and its a long season. Let them talk all they want.

Yeah, remember, they are supposed to win this thing, closely followed by the awesome juggernaut that is the Indians, whereas the White Sox are supposed to go through the year hitting 66 home runs, getting caught stealing 205 times, with a rotation ERA of about 5.50, and losing 90 games. I know this because I read it all at Baseball Predestination -- er, Prospectus.

chisoxmike
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Here's mine. It sucks but I didn't want to spend any time on it.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2673&stc=1

I like it!

Foulke You
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah, remember, they are supposed to win this thing, closely followed by the awesome juggernaut that is the Indians,

Don't forget about the awesome TIGERS juggernaut as well. Troy Percival plus Maggs= CONTENDERS!

Elvisfan1977
04-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Let's not do the talking this year. Remember, we're flying under the radar this season.

Lip Man 1
04-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Remember they are the three time consecutive division champion. They know it's a long season and obviously they know how to win. I found nothing wrong about Radke's statement. It's true.

Lip

owensmouth
04-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Okay, the Sox have won the first two games of the series and are going for the sweep tonight. Last year, as I remember, we won six of the firsst seven in the garbage pail. On the other hand, the Twins moved in and beat us up at the Cell.

What that says is that the carpet that was replaced last year has made a significant change in the way baseball is played in the Metrodome.

However, a more significant loss for the Twins may have also occurred this year. They have lost Carlos Silva for at least half a season. Last year he won 15 games for the Twinkees. They have a successful AAA pitcher taking his place, but there is going some backsliding there.

spawn
04-10-2005, 02:19 PM
I agree with ON2 and Lip...we have to remember something. We kicked the Twins butts early in the season last year, but when they needed to late last season, they whooped us. Also, we were the ones talking the last couple of seasons before the season even started. I hope we have no responses, and just keep playing like we're playing. Let's do our talking on the field...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Remember they are the three time consecutive division champion. They know it's a long season and obviously they know how to win. I found nothing wrong about Radke's statement. It's true.

Not that I disagree but I do admit I enjoy knowing that today is April 10 and clearly the White Sox are already inside Brad Radke's head. Maybe what he said reflects the sort of attitude that made the Twins into 3-time division champions... but I wouldn't bet on it.

:cool:

SoxWillWin
04-10-2005, 02:24 PM
We all know it's a long season, but my point when I posted this was if....I repeat IF the sox do "win all they want" in april it could make for a very long road for the twins. I'm not making overly unrealistic predictions, I'm just saying that he might want to be careful what he wishes for. I have faith that the Sox have more staying power this year. That said we could lose the rest of the games this month and look like hell. Who Knows?

hose
04-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not putting to much either way in Radke's comments.

MRKARNO
04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I saw that too and I could only think that he was just trying to make an excuse to make him feel better about his team. Wins count the same in April as they do in September and if the Twins lose the division by one game, this game mattered just as much as those losses down the stretch.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Lip

It's true, but what purpose did it serve to say it? Other than sour grapes? Some things are better left unsaid, especially that Tim McCarver-like analysis. If T. Hunter strikes out 4-times tonight should Konerko say "Wow, Hunter really sucked tonight." Yes, he would be factually correct, but what purpose would that serve? Radke, keep your mouth shut.

Karl
04-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Radke is probably frustrated about the loss and being 0-2 and the team being 2-3 on the year. I am sure every player feels that way after a loss.