PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Postgame Our fifth starter just beat Brad Radke.

Jurr
04-09-2005, 08:50 PM
How about that?? 1-0 from the cursed fifth spot.

A.T. Money
04-09-2005, 08:50 PM
:bandance:

batmanZoSo
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
How about that?? 1-0 from the cursed fifth spot.

Sweet. Someone do a 5th starter tracker in their sig!

cburns
04-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Seems like Garland either can get the key DP or he can't.

Frater Perdurabo
Think of it this way and you will smile:

The only game the Sox have lost this year so far is one in which Ozzie grossly mismanaged the bullpen and their heretofore reliable closer melted down.

Otherwise, they have won with excellent starting pitching and both small ball and the long ball.

:supernana:

gobears1987
that was awesome. 5 quality starts now

SoxFan48
04-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Yes, great start against two toughest Central Division foes. I want to see the offense begin to draw on bases on balls. Walks are an important part of a station to station offense.

Frater Perdurabo
I predict 15 wins, minimum, for Garland this year. How many teams can have their #5 starter do that?

Nard
Damnit Shingo. It would be so sweet to be 5-0. :angry:

Fake Chet Lemon
Our organization finally realized the importance of a good defensive shortstop. How awesome is it to see the Twins and Indians shortstops be the ones to blow games now :bandance: ?!!!

patbooyah
funny thing is- if gload had been put in for defense in the ninth, that run woulda never scored. :cool: can't win em all, ozzie.

chidonez
04-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Personally, I think the Indians are more of a threat this year. I know that's an unfounded theory, but who has the momentum? The Twinkies are beatable at their own game, as we are proving...

Gosox1917
Five games and five quality starts. We've taken the first two series of the season and are going to go for the sweep on national TV tomorrow. I think this is going to be a fun season. I think our starting pitchers' ERA is around 2, if that. What a great way to start the season so far.

ChiSoxJay
Lets finish these twinkies off tomorrow on national tv!!!:angry:

delben91
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Yes, great start against two toughest Central Division foes. I want to see the offense begin to draw on bases on balls. Walks are an important part of a station to station offense.

Walks are key, I'll grant you that...but I wouldn't necessarily call the Sox station-to-station this season...

That aside, great win, and Garland looked good. That 3 run homer might not have happened if either of the 2 preceeding bloops had been turned into outs. Even with that, I'll take a quality start from our #5 starter any day.

Way to go Sox!! :gulp:

SABRSox
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Impressive outing from Garland. Impressive outing from Shingo. Way to bounce back. This Sox team is shaping up to be something special. Can't wait to get the Big Hurt back into the mix.

Let's go get Santana tomorrow night!

Unregistered
04-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Lets not forget that sick baserunning of Pods where he went from first to third on a wild pickoff throw, and then scored 3 pitches later on a passed ball.

First time I've ever seen that.

Awesome. :cool:

fquaye149
Seems like Garland either can get the key DP or he can't.

omg totally. Also it seems like in any given at bat, he'll either walk the guy or else he won't!

Mohoney
Nice to see Shingo get the K on the Lumberjack to end it.

I was wondering how he would respond in the first outing after that blown save.

Kogs35
nice win!!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

cburns
Timo has been a pretty clutch player of the bench so far in his Sox career.

ChiSoxRowand
04-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Good idea. I'll do it.

cbrownson13
04-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Done.

SoxWillWin
04-09-2005, 08:58 PM
IMO Garland only made one REAL mistake and that was to stewart. No walks was also a good thing as well.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-09-2005, 08:58 PM

We would have murdered Shingo here if he got shelled tonight. How about more props for Shingo everyone, way to SLAM the door shut tonight!!!!! (But, 5-0 would be SWEET :smile: .)

chidonez
04-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Fearsome fivesome?!?!?

gobears1987
04-09-2005, 09:00 PM
starting staff ERA = 1.91. (9/33*7)

NSSoxFan
Great game. When Jon gave up that three-run homer, I was preparing myself for the classic cave in, it never came. Hopefully this start gives Garland the type of confidence he needs to have a great season.

:bandance: :bandance:
Go Sox Go

SOX ADDICT '73
How does last place taste, Twinks? Too bad they won't stay there...that'd be the next best thing to a White Sox division winner!

By the way, Torii...it's time to be afraid again.:cool:

Cowch44
04-09-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm most impressed by the ONE Team LOB.:D:
That, and our Starters having 7 Earned runs in 33 innings.
Nonetheless, :notwinks

gobears1987
As is GLoad. Think of Ozzie's options. SOon we will also have Everett on the bench when Frank comes back.

PAPChiSox729
5 quality starts in the first 5 games. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Garland really wasn't all that bad. After watching Stewart's HR in slow-mo, that was just good hitting by Stewart. Right now our staff, 1-5, is looking pretty good.
:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Fearsome fivesome?!?!?

With Buhrle and Garland the bookends, the three amigos in the middle.....hmm there's gotta be something here to work with. Not sure if Garland is fearsome yet, but that'll work.

MeanFish
04-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Fearsome fivesome?!?!?

I prefer "The Big Five"

Fake Chet Lemon
04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm so glad Garland won so I didn't have the see the 8 McCarthy Threads that would be going by now................

cburns
i feel like im getting sucked into this team...only to be hurt in the end..

veeter
It's so amzing how good pitching really classes up the joint. These have been clean, snappy games that are impressive. Here's to sticking it up all the doubters butts.

gobears1987
04-09-2005, 09:06 PM
ANd of course the big story tomorrow is Zambrano, not our "Fab Five."

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2005, 09:07 PM
IMO Garland only made one REAL mistake and that was to stewart. No walks was also a good thing as well.

Having no walks was huge. He didn't help the Twins score via the BB or WP. He got hit hard near the end, but he made some timely pitches and let the Sox win this game.

Soxfest
Hey we got more wins from 5th starter in April than just about ALL year in 2004.

D. TODD
All of the uninformed talk of lacking power should slow down as well from the media. Just because we can play smallball and manufacture runs this year does NOT mean we are devoid of power. If we stay healthy we will pound our share of longballs.

Shoeless Joe
Fantastic win by the Sox, this one was even better than last night's win! Now let's get a win against the Twinkies in front of however many people watch ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

Cowch44
04-09-2005, 09:08 PM
It was great when Pods got from 1st to 3rd on that error, and then scored on a Pased Ball.

cburns
04-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh man...can't wait til Frank gets back!

flo-B-flo
04-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Lets not forget that sick baserunning of Pods where he went from first to third on a wild pickoff throw, and then scored 3 pitches later on a passed ball. Awesome. :cool: I love home runs but, your offense will be more consistent when you hit the ball in play and run the bases well. You will get great pitches to hit when you follow a disruptor.

Cowch44
04-09-2005, 09:10 PM

I'm liking Everett right now, so I can wait.:cool:

infohawk
04-09-2005, 09:10 PM
We would have murdered Shingo here if he got shelled tonight. How about more props for Shingo everyone, way to SLAM the door shut tonight!!!!! (But, 5-0 would be SWEET :smile: .)

Tonight we saw the real Shingo. He just didn't have it the other day. Fluke. The other great thing is that Vizcaino has gotten a couple of days to rest and Shingo, who threw a lot of pitches the other day as well, only had to face one hitter. The key guys in the pen should be pretty well rested by now.

Great start by Garland in a game I thought we might have a tough time winning against Radke. A.J. had him throwing inside all night. I hope we get the sweep, but two out of three on the road against the Twins is great. I hope we can get to Santana!

PicktoCLick72
04-09-2005, 09:11 PM
We would have never won this game last year. THis team is going to be fun to watch.

Jjav829
04-09-2005, 09:13 PM
It's to nice to beat Radke in Minnesota. This team is playing good baseball right now. Hell, even Timo Perez went deep!

Let's beat them with Buehrle tomorrow and march on to Cleveland! :bandance:

infohawk
04-09-2005, 09:14 PM
5 quality starts in the first 5 games. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Garland really wasn't all that bad. After watching Stewart's HR in slow-mo, that was just good hitting by Stewart. Right now our staff, 1-5, is looking pretty good.
:D:

The really great thing about having this kind of pitching depth is that if one or two of the top three pitchers have problems during the same week, it won't necessarily mean a losing streak. In the past, if the top two guys lost their starts, it was probably going to be a really bad week.

delben91
It's to nice to beat Radke in Minnesota. This team is playing good baseball right now. Hell, even Timo Perez went deep!

Let's beat them with Buehrle tomorrow and march on to Cleveland! :bandance:

When Timo went upper tank, all I could do was sit on my couch and laugh.

cburns
It's so important to get some confidence at the begining of the season...hopefully we can continue the good start and not get visited by the injury fairy.

The really great thing about having this kind of pitching depth is that if one or two of the top three pitchers have problems during the same week, it won't necessarily mean a losing streak. In the past, if the top two guys lost their starts, it was probably going to be a really bad week.

Plus, if El Duque goes down or anyone falters, we got B Mac waiting to be brought up, and it sounds like he had a good outing today.

infohawk
04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
All of the uninformed talk of lacking power should slow down as well from the media. Just because we can play smallball and manufacture runs this year does NOT mean we are devoid of power. If we stay healthy we will pound our share of longballs.

I don't know. Once the media gets an idea in their collective heads, it takes them awhile to get straightened out.

flo-B-flo
04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
i feel like im getting sucked into this team...only to be hurt in the end.. Join the ******' club pal.:smile:

infohawk
04-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Oh man, he spanked that ball. It was just beautiful.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm liking Everett right now, so I can wait.:cool:
The way Everett is playing is so important, if for no other reason than that it will allow Frank to be 100% ready before coming back. We'll have to send someone down, but that'll still be like making a blockbuster midseason trade without giving up anybody!

infohawk
04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
What was really impressed upon me is that this Twins team doesn't seem to have the same "mojo" as the division winning teams. I know it is very, very early, but their defense doesn't have that same sense of air-tight dominance. Here's to hoping that they finally lost/traded away one too many guys.

balke
04-09-2005, 09:21 PM

I remember he Drilled a Homerun off of Schilling last season, and Broke up a shutout I believe. Schill got mad, and started throwing high inside haha.

The war is won, now to throw fuel on the fire. Beat Santana in The Dome.

I predict this as Buerhle's "breakout" season as far as his already brilliant career goes. I hope he dominates tomorrow!

Shorty1983
04-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Garland was throwing alot of breaking balls, Stewart got lucky with the HR. Nothing to fear, garland looks good for his 1st start.

Pollite threw well, 2k's. Guillen may have thought he could close the game.

Gooch is being very patient with his swings and doesn't jump to the first pitch. Looking at the chopper that when over the 3rd baseman head, he's hitting the ball pretty hard too.

Uribe looks like he's free swinging everytime at plate, but he backs it up with his defense.

Pods ran the bases extremely well, he's going to do the little things that save us 1 run games. Great game for the good guys!

nordhagen
04-09-2005, 09:30 PM
It's only two games, but the Twins don't look anything like the teams of the last three years. Losing Koskie and Guzman may turn out to be a killer - Guzman makes that one play Bartlett fumbled to score a run. Don't like seeing anyone get hurt but losing Silva until the all-star break certainly helps.

I think Paulie is proving that two years ago was just a fluky bad year. Of course a week from now we could all be grumpy and back on the ledge, but I hope not. Pollitte actually looks good, too and Hermanson looked solid last night.

Hey, it's about time it's our year, isn't it?

JB98
04-09-2005, 09:33 PM
We would have never won this game last year. THis team is going to be fun to watch.

Geez whiz, we've won four games this year, and I think every postgame thread so far has had at least one post indicating that "we would have never won this game last year."

Did we go winless last season or something? Remember, we swept an early-season series in the Twinkie Dome last year too, and that didn't mean anything by September. I'm very pleased with the way the Sox have opened the season, but let's not get carried away here.

D. TODD
04-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Geez whiz, we've won four games this year, and I think every postgame thread so far has had at least one post indicating that "we would have never won this game last year."

Did we go winless last season or something? Remember, we swept an early-season series in the Twinkie Dome last year too, and that didn't mean anything by September. I'm very pleased with the way the Sox have opened the season, but let's not get carried away here. Very true 162 games is a marathon not a sprint, but I believe we are better equipped to be consistant and get to the finish line this year. Time will tell.

ChiSoxRowand
04-09-2005, 09:38 PM
This is off topic, but do they have to have a "Jim Beam sports nite" preview every 5 minutes during the game? And the postgame for that matter.

A. Cavatica
04-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey, we won the series -- that's all that matters. Cotts is starting tomorrow.

:jerry

balke
04-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Did we go winless last season or something? Remember, we swept an early-season series in the Twinkie Dome last year too, and that didn't mean anything by September. I'm very pleased with the way the Sox have opened the season, but let's not get carried away here.

Only difference this season, we're DEEEEEP. Last season, everyone said we were amazing if noone got hurt. I said it before the season started, because we had noone on the bench, and barely 5 starters.

Now we have B-mac Burke, Davis and Adkins in the minors, Thomas coming back midseason, Ozuna, Timo, Harris, Gload, Borchard all on the bench. We have 5 great starters, and a deeper bullpen w/ no Koch or Jackson.

I realize we can't count our chickens just yet, but I'm very optimistic this season, with little reserve. Last year, i said "If no injuries". This season, I'm just expecting to win.

:gulp:

Rocklive99
04-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Another series win :bandance:Good offense, very impressed by Big Jon, another nice all around effort

Bulls about to clinch playoffs...:supernana: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :supernana:

Great day

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Tommorrow's game is going to be tough. I am sure we can pull it out, but it is sure ncie to know that even if we don't, we still won the series. C'mon Mark! Lets get that sweep!

gobears1987
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Sanatana got rocked last start, but he got the win. The Indians are a better hitting team overall than the Twins. Buehrle can shut them down. We've shelled Santana really bad before. (remembers last May's massacre of him.)

Cowch44
04-09-2005, 10:03 PM

Didn't he win Manager of the year in 2000?:?:

flo-B-flo
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
A.J. had him throwing inside all night. AJ is an outstanding field general. You must have a great receiver to win. The catcher see's every pitch on every play and see's the whole field. A good catcher that handles the pitchers well is invaluable. Pay AJ.

Church Turtle
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I was working in the kitchen with the game on the TV and every so often I had to run into the living room and see what all the comotion was. Yesssss!

And by the way, how many SOX fans were up there? It sounded like the placed rocked every time our SOX had something positive happen.:bandance:

Brian26
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM

No kidding. We should be undefeated right now.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Very true...one strike away.

Garland was OK tonight, to many hits in only six innings and of course he had 'the big inning,' but that looks like his M.O. and it's not going to change. I'm just happy with the win.

Lip

Jerome
04-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Beat me to it. I have to say, that will be such a happy day. That will automatically make everyone better.

Brian26
04-09-2005, 10:30 PM

LOL.. Funny stuff.

Brian26
04-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Very true...one strike away.

Garland was OK tonight, to many hits in only six innings and of course he had 'the big inning,' but that looks like his M.O. and it's not going to change. I'm just happy with the win.

Lip

I think Garland had a heck of a game. The hits don't matter. Garland's MO is to have the batters put the ball in play and hopefully let the defense do their job. Sometimes the hits are going to fall. Luckily that 3-run homer didn't bite us too badly, but you have to give the batter credit on that one- he made an adjustment and muscled it out. All in all, it beats Arnie Munoz's 5th starter appearance in Montreal last season. I'll take it.

spiffie
04-09-2005, 10:35 PM
It's only two games, but the Twins don't look anything like the teams of the last three years.

:boston

"Impossible. They have Joe Mauer. Joe Mauer will hit .450/80/240. He will also cure cancer, solve the Israel/Palestine conflict, and figure out cold fusion. Joe Mauer is the best catcher in baseball history. The only way he could be better is if he were traded to the Red Sox."

CleeFan101
04-09-2005, 10:36 PM
dont forget either that Garland could of been pitching this game with a mild case of the flu so if you take that into consideration he did amazing... especially since Stewarts HR was more good hitting than bad pitching.

voodoochile
04-09-2005, 10:45 PM
i feel like im getting sucked into this team...only to be hurt in the end..

Nothing great will ever come easy...

Anyone else feel something special about this team? The focus, the drive, the dare I say... chemistry?

GO SOX!

batmanZoSo
04-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Minnesota's gonna finish third. They gone. We champs.

voodoochile
04-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Minnesota's gonna finish third. They gone. We champs.

You left off the...

Ba... Ba... Ba... BAAAAARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got to howl at the moon...

**** MINNESOTA! Yeah... the whole damn state... Well... not NellieFox... He Cool and I don't swing that way (not that there's anything wrong with it either):D::bandance:

beckett21
04-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Anyone else feel something special about this team? The focus, the drive, the dare I say... chemistry?

GO SOX!

So far, so good...

The starting pitching has been unbelievable. I was very excited watching El Duque last night. I know it's only one start, but he may be the steal of the offseason. He looked fantastic, and he has proven himself to be clutch in the past. If we can get any semblance of consistency from Contreras and Garland, look out.

I am loving this team right now. :gulp:

Whitesox029
04-09-2005, 10:56 PM
I gotta tell ya I like this team a lot. Scottie scoring from first and Tadds didn't even have to swing the bat to get him there? That's what I wanna see. The Twins have gotta be having doubts about their chances with Silva going down and Radke not performing well. Hopefully we can put Santana in that category too tomorrow. We'll need the small ball cuz I don't see another 3-HR game for us. Mark should be sharp. I'm not worried about him at all.

batmanZoSo
04-09-2005, 11:01 PM
You left off the...

Ba... Ba... Ba... BAAAAARRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got to howl at the moon...

**** MINNESOTA! Yeah... the whole damn state... Well... not NellieFox... He Cool and I don't swing that way (not that there's anything wrong with it either):D::bandance:

No more drugs for that guy! :cool::D::gulp::o:

Rocklive99
04-09-2005, 11:04 PM
No kidding. We should be undefeated right now.

Eh, it evens out in my mind since the Indians were thinking the same when Wickman imploded.

Can't wait til tomorow night, I hope Miller and Morgan do their homework and don't screw up any of our info to the national audience

Jjav829
04-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Eh, it evens out in my mind since the Indians were thinking the same when Wickman imploded.

Can't wait til tomorow night, I hope Miller and Morgan do their homework and don't screw up any of our info to the national audience

Can we please start Ozuna over Uribe tomorrow? I can't stand to listen to Jon Miller say "Juan OOribe" all night. :?:

skobabe8
04-09-2005, 11:11 PM
No more drugs for that guy! :cool::D::gulp::o:

:smokin: :DJ "What are you talkin about, dude?"

Fake Chet Lemon
04-09-2005, 11:52 PM

:kneeslap: That is brilliant. That decision alone might be why he can't even get a 3rd base coaching job (A first base coach for an ex-manager- OUCH), let along being a manager again.

fuzzy_patters
04-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Nice clutch homerun by Timo tonight. Oh wait! Timo sucks, and there is no such thing as cluch hitting. How could I forget?

Ol' No. 2
04-10-2005, 12:03 AM
starting staff ERA = 1.91. (9/33*7)And 5 quality starts in 5 tries. I could really get used to this.:smile:

OEO Magglio
04-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Absolutely terrific win. I will say for whoever is counting the twins out.......don't. The twins will be right in this thing as will the sox, one of those two teams will win this division, hopefully it's the sox. Right now I will say I love watching this team, it's such a nice change of pace. Should be a great game tomorrow, Mark vs. Johan should be something to watch, GO SOX.:bandance::bandance:

Rocklive99
04-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Wow this feels like 2000, both the Braves and us are tied for the best record in baseball :cool: :tongue:

Jerry Seinfeld
04-10-2005, 12:44 AM
2005 Chicago White Sox= NOT to be messed with.

ElDuque26
04-10-2005, 12:59 AM
It still seems that Garland always pitches the same way. He usually cruises through 4 or 5 and then hits the wall. This time he got the big DP or that inning could have been crushing...looks like this could be a sign!

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 01:02 AM
It still seems that Garland always pitches the same way. He usually cruises through 4 or 5 and then hits the wall. This time he got the big DP or that inning could have been crushing...looks like this could be a sign!

You might be right. I also noticed he's using that high and tight cutter/sinker/something that breaks down and in on the hitters alot. He was sawing people off left and right and induced that clutch DP ball. There was the one that didn't break which Jones crushed over the wall, but if he keeps using that pitch effectively, I think he might be able to overcome those big innings he gave up last year.

TomParrish79
04-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Good first week, glad to see the guys win another one tonite.

Cant wait to watch Mark pitch tomorrow.

chisox06
04-10-2005, 02:05 AM

For sure, I didn't think Timo could hit a ball that hard, hes a good guy to have off the bench. This team seems so much more fundamentally sound, we've beat the twins at there own game 2 times in a row. Lets rough up raffy tomorrow and I'll really be happy

SOX ADDICT '73
04-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I've been watching the highlights, and I also taped the first part of the game. Man, is it fun to watch Podsednik run! He's flying so fast, that he can't just stop on a dime - his feet keep moving like he's got to ease down the afterburners. I love it so much, I had to change my sig:

BigEdWalsh
04-10-2005, 02:33 AM
I love this team. The pitching, timely hitting, occasional power, defense and speed. Quality starts from everyone. The Sox are going to be exciting to watch. I'm going to my first game this year on Monday the 18th. Woo Hoooo!
GO WHITE SOX!!

jabrch
04-10-2005, 02:52 AM
5 games does not a season make. We know this is true - good or bad. I'm an optimist, but also a realist. I do think this team has [Wanny Voice]all the pieces in place[/Wanny Voice] to make things happen. We aren't a favorite - for good reason. But there is no team in the AL with a pitching staff that is so far superior to ours, from top to bottom that we can't compete. There is no reason this team can't go out and win on any given day this year. That's so refreshing after the 5th Starters we have seen for a long time.

I know it is early...but kudos to KW. I like the makeup of this club.

Mickster
04-10-2005, 09:33 AM
5 games does not a season make. We know this is true - good or bad.

Just look to the Bulls for jabrch's example. Started 0-9 and everyone thought they were done. Since going 0-9, they are 44-23.

faneidde
04-10-2005, 02:14 PM
:tomatoawardA thread worthy of the tomota. Let's get the sweep tonight.

FGarcia34
04-10-2005, 02:39 PM
i attended last nights game between the sox and twinks with about 8 of my better friends from college. all of them are twins fans. it was their first chance getting a good look at the new look chisox and when we started the game, they were just ragging on me about having everett hitting in the 3rd spot. then all the twins fans around me began giving me crap about crazy carl. a guy doing a pool had ppl puttin $1 in to guess the first home run ball...i put in for crazy carl and what do you know, not only did i win $33, but every single twins fan around me was shut up...then i got a lot of crap about timo perez hitting in the 5th spot, once timo hit his mammoth shot, once again, every single one of them had their foot stuck in their mouth. this was a fantastic game to see live...except for the torii home run of course, but overall, i really didnt mind the twins fans too much and it was an ok experience.

santo=dorf
04-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Nice clutch homerun by Timo tonight. Oh wait! Timo sucks, and there is no such thing as cluch hitting. How could I forget?
Are you kidding me? We won by 3 runs, so his solo homer was meaningless. He was 1-4 so his EQA is less than his VORP+PCP+VD at Mickey D's. Why are we paying this guy a million dollars again?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 04:11 PM
i attended last nights game between the sox and twinks with about 8 of my better friends from college. all of them are twins fans. it was their first chance getting a good look at the new look chisox and when we started the game, they were just ragging on me about having everett hitting in the 3rd spot. then all the twins fans around me began giving me crap about crazy carl. a guy doing a pool had ppl puttin $1 in to guess the first home run ball...i put in for crazy carl and what do you know, not only did i win $33, but every single twins fan around me was shut up...then i got a lot of crap about timo perez hitting in the 5th spot, once timo hit his mammoth shot, once again, every single one of them had their foot stuck in their mouth. this was a fantastic game to see live...except for the torii home run of course, but overall, i really didnt mind the twins fans too much and it was an ok experience.

That's a great story, I love it! What are the odds? Reminds me of my game #3 story against the Indians. All the Cubs fans at work were telling me the league would catch up with Shingo and he would suck as he entered the game. I defended him strongly.........

Chisox003
04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Did anyone else agree with Hawk and DJ last night about the Twins defense? Though I believe the Twins will contend again, and be there the whole season, it just doesnt seem like the same team to me.

A few years ago, the team assembled around defense, with Pierzynski, Guzman, Koskie, Mientkewicz (SP?)....They didnt need to score a lot of runs, because they werent giving extra outs per inning (last night), and as a result didnt give up too many runs...

Watching last night, it just didnt seem like the entire infield was on the same page...Granted their infield is pretty young, but I think it could really affect the pitching staff, and who knows, maybe blow a few games and open the door for our Sox to finally take the Central this year...

One game at a time...Buehrle V. Santana = AWESOME!

Karl
04-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Congratulations on the two wins. Tonight’s game should be great pitching dual between Buehrle and Santana. I think the Twins will salvage a win tonight.

C-Dawg
04-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I was at Saturday's game - the Sox fans were widely scattered but I did see a few. We ALL appreciated the win and the many great plays the Sox made. The silence (from the Twins fans) that followed Timo's, Carl's, and Paulie's homers was especially nice.

Let's get em tonight for the sweep!

MRKARNO
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations on the two wins. Tonight’s game should be great pitching dual between Buehrle and Santana. I think the Twins will salvage a win tonight.

This should be an awesome game:

Buehrle 2004 Road: 2.63 ERA
Santana 2004 Home: 2.62 ERA

Best case scenario is that the Sox sweep. The worse case is that we took 2 of 3 up in the Metrodome. :D: