PDA

View Full Version : Crede

shoota
04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Crede has this reputation of being a no-bat Gold Glover. Like the super hot dumb girl who loses her beauty, once Crede's defense goes, his value hits near zero.

She's already errored previously this season, but take today's game for example. Crede couldn't make an out or even catch a ball he had his glove on on the diving play. Later in the game on a ground ball to him, he tried to tag LeCroy at third who beat him back to the bag. Then Crede had to try for one out at first but he double clutched his throw, allowing the baserunner to be safe. Luckily Jon induced a double play to end the threat, and hopefully crede's tenure with the White Sox.

fquaye149
04-09-2005, 09:08 PM
:rolleyes:

JB98
04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Crede has this reputation of being a no-bat Gold Glover. Like the super hot dumb girl who loses her beauty, once Crede's defense goes, his value hits near zero.

She's already errored previously this season, but take today's game for example. Crede couldn't make an out or even catch a ball he had his glove on on the diving play. Later in the game on a ground ball to him, he tried to tag LeCroy at third who beat him back to the bag. Then Crede had to try for one out at first but he double clutched his throw, allowing the baserunner to be safe. Luckily Jon induced a double play to end the threat, and hopefully crede's tenure with the White Sox.

It's still a little early in the season for this.

RKMeibalane
04-09-2005, 09:17 PM
It's still a little early in the season for this.

Agreed. Besides, Fields isn't ready to replace him, yet. The Sox have no other alternatives, except perhaps Uribe.

Iron Dragon
04-09-2005, 10:07 PM
He's hitting all of .111, and has at least 2 errors in 5 games. Time for a new third baseman.

veeter
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm a huge Crede basher but he's been o.k. He's swinging the bat better than I've ever seen him. And I've actually seen a little emotion out of him. I hope he doesn't revert to lame form but so far I'm satified.

Daver
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
He's hitting all of .111, and has at least 2 errors in 5 games. Time for a new third baseman.

You gonna play third?

veeter
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
He's hitting all of .111, and has at least 2 errors in 5 games. Time for a new third baseman. The guy has lined out like 4 times already.

Jjav829
04-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Who are we going to get? I haven't seen any names.

Crede will be fine. It's only the first week. Should we replace Uribe too?

SoxWillWin
04-09-2005, 10:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Agreed

D. TODD
04-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm fine with how Crede has played this week. He has made solid contact at the plate, and I am not at all concerned with his play in the feild.

Iron Dragon
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
You gonna play third?

I love informative, insightful posts. I guess that if I couldn't do a better job, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Give him time. I know he has had a few years to develop, but he has started to hit the ball hard. Besides, he is hitting 8th. I want him to produce and be successful, but right now, they aren't depending on Crede to carry a chunk of the offensive load. He is steady at third, hopefully his bat will come around.

SoxWillWin
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM

At this point in the season there are numerous players around the league batting .111 or worse should they all be traded or released????? It's still early, besides it's not like he's striking out every at bat. He has been making pretty good contact, just so happens it's right at a fielder.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Agreed. Besides, Fields isn't ready to replace him, yet. The Sox have no other alternatives, except perhaps Uribe.

Ozuna?

Iron Dragon
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
True, he has been whiffing less so far. And it's not only that he's hitting .111 this year, but he's been sub-par for a few years now. Time to start finding the holes, Joe! :smile:

balke
04-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Those were both tough plays. The diving play wasn't possible to get, you just expect too much. At least he knocked it down and prevented the run.

And the play where he tried to tag was the right move, because he was off balance had he thrown to first right away, I guarantee that was a throwing error, and a runner scores. The double clutch made no difference on getting the runner out, he had Crede beat already.

SOXPHILE
04-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Those were both tough plays. The diving play wasn't possible to get, you just expect too much. At least he knocked it down and prevented the run.

And the play where he tried to tag was the right move, because he was off balance had he thrown to first right away, I guarantee that was a throwing error, and a runner scores. The double clutch made no difference on getting the runner out, he had Crede beat already.

Agreed. That was not a routine play. It would have been tough to throw the guy out at first even if there wan't anyone on base.

nordhagen
04-09-2005, 10:38 PM
He's actually trying to go up the middle and the other way, which is a good sign. Defensively he's fine. That one play with the LeCroy at third was kind of weird and threw him off a bit. Wouldn't have been routine getting Ford at first, either.

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
He's actually trying to go up the middle and the other way, which is a good sign. Defensively he's fine. That one play with the LeCroy at third was kind of weird and threw him off a bit. Wouldn't have been routine getting Ford at first, either.

I agree. Crede isn't a liability defensively. He made a good play by stopping a ball that was smacked down the line. It deflected off of his glove, but he did hold the batter to a single. Crede has done better offensivley. I think he is only hitting .111 but he has been making good contact and he should start to find holes soon enough.

hold2dibber
04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
I love informative, insightful posts. I guess that if I couldn't do a better job, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Little touchy? Jeez - his post wasn't a personal attack - just noting that the Sox don't exactly have a suitable replacement waiting in the wings.

Rocklive99
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
I say leave him alone. His great plays at third are now taken for granted/expected. I don't want to experiment with anybody, especially after the Valentin Experience

Ol' No. 2
04-10-2005, 01:10 AM
The guy has lined out like 4 times already.I like lineouts. He's hitting the ball hard. At this point, I'd rather have a guy hitting the ball hard but right at somebody than someone getting lucky hits. The luck will change, and if he keeps hitting the ball hard, he'll get his hits.

Nellie_Fox
04-10-2005, 02:42 AM
You guys amaze me. You have had no patience at all for Willy at second, which is primarily a defensive position, but continue to defend Crede at third, which is an offensive position.

He is still showing that long, slow swing that has been his trademark since he's been with the Sox. Just how long are you going to be waiting for him to come around? The guy absolutely cannot hit.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
04-10-2005, 03:27 AM
you guys are criticizing him 5 games into the season, get real. i know he has had some problems, but give him a chance, he is one of the best defensive third basemen in the majors. wayyyyyyyyyy too early to say his season is done and should be off the team. last year he had a total of like 11 or 14 errors and something like 5 of them were within the first 2 weeks. he'll be fine. and with regards to his batting, i agree that it definitely needs some work, but he does get a lot of clutch hits, which are very important.

SABRSox
04-10-2005, 03:49 AM
It's not as if we've never seen Crede before. It's been the same song and dance for the past two seasons, and I think it's entirely reasonable to assume that if he gets off to a poor start, that it's not going to get much better. At the moment he's the giant zit on the face of the White Sox.

But Daver and JJav are right, there aren't any suitable replacements available yet. Wait until May, once some teams are out of it. By then Joe either turns it around of Kenny goes a dealin'.

Chicago83
04-10-2005, 04:50 AM
I think Crede is still a good defensive 3B, despite a few bad performances so far. I doubt that he has suddenly lost his glove. But I have no faith in his offensive ability, despite what Hawk and others say about him hitting the ball well, to me it seams like he is hitting the ball like he always was, which means a lot of weak pop-outs. I think that we need to eventually give Ozuna a chance or look for a trade so we can bench Crede. I don't see why we went out and got Iguchi when Willie was doing a better job than Crede. 3B is definetly a weakness of this team, but I am not ready to give up on Crede who will still play good 3B.

fquaye149
04-10-2005, 05:31 AM
You guys amaze me. You have had no patience at all for Willy at second, which is primarily a defensive position, but continue to defend Crede at third, which is an offensive position.

He is still showing that long, slow swing that has been his trademark since he's been with the Sox. Just how long are you going to be waiting for him to come around? The guy absolutely cannot hit.

Most of us would take a serviceable replacement over Crede if we could get one. However, we cannot at the moment and there is no one in the organization ready to replace him.

I don't think anyone thinks he's going to have a breakout anything, it's just that it's a little early to be pretending that everything he does is horrible.

Fredsox
04-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Why on earth would we want to fix a team that isn't broke? Guys, we have a 4-1 record that only 2 other teams have, let's enjoy it a bit. Our offense can carry Crede for a while though eventually he needs to hit.

harwar
04-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Crede seems to start out slow defensively and just gets better as the season rolls on.He actually has a good rep around the league as a very good defensive 3rd baseman.
As for his hitting.I have been amazed at the change in his swing.
I have yet to see that long slow uppercut that has been his trademark over the last few years,save a couple of months.
This may be the year that the real Joe crede stands up.

Ol' No. 2
04-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm wondering if the Crede-haters came up with new posts or if they just recycled their posts from last year about Aaron Rowand. They sure sound the same. It's 5 games into the season. He's still a long way from 0 for 39.

kevingrt
04-10-2005, 11:22 AM
This is Crede's year to show something to White Sox organization. I don't know how long he has on his contract but this is his year to show something until we seriously give big consideration to OSU boy Josh Fields at 3B for next season. I think Crede has the ability and potential to become a quality starting 3B in the MLB but he is just no showing it right now and it is very disappointing. Hopefully this is a turnaround season for the defensive stud though.

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
This is Crede's year to show something to White Sox organization. I don't know how long he has on his contract but this is his year to show something until we seriously give big consideration to OSU boy Josh Fields at 3B for next season.

It isn't his contract that's critical, it's the six years of major league service. As for Fields, don't get too excited yet, the boy swings at everything. (Although he's walked 3 times in 3 games so far... developing)...

PicktoCLick72
04-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't think we should be having this post 5 games in to the season.

mweflen
04-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Yep. we'd better find replacements for Rowand (.158) Uribe (.118) and Crede (.111). How could KW have gone into the season so unprepared?

throwsoftjax
04-10-2005, 12:39 PM

exactly

I play 3B myself. In that situation you go to third first and then first to prevent the run from scoring. If he had thrown to first, which would have been most likely a throwing error, the run would have scored. And if it hadn't been an error, he wouldn't have gotten him anyways.

Ya'll need to stop complaining. I don't see ya'll out there making diving stops at 3B. He hits the ball HARD but at ppl. He'll get over it.

Besides, he is always a slow starter. It is too early to get on his case. Leave him alone.

I agree harwar. I think this will be his year. His swing seems to have changed. He seems to be a bit more confident at the plate.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Crede will never be our long-term 3b with Scott Bora$ as his agent. Name another Scott Bora$ client on the team. So the organization I'm sure has a plan, whether we know it or not. We may have seen the plan in Spring Training though. Don't be in a hurry to buy that Crede jersey.

Simpatico
04-10-2005, 06:11 PM
The Crede experiement has failed, it appears as though some are living in denial. I need not wait till june to know that Crede is not going to make a great turn around offensively.

TaylorStSox
04-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Crede will never be our long-term 3b with Scott Bora$ as his agent. Name another Scott Bora$ client on the team. So the organization I'm sure has a plan, whether we know it or not. We may have seen the plan in Spring Training though. Don't be in a hurry to buy that Crede jersey.

Juan Uribe

Mohoney
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
This thread is going to swell up pretty quick after tonight.

shoota
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
When I originally posted this, it was during a heated game and I may have let my emotions influence me to start a thread. But now, after CredeChoker just muffed what would have been the third out of an inning in which Torii Hunter just hit a three-run jack to give the Twins the lead, I can't defend this scrub.

CREDE HAS TO GO. He's embarrasing our team, our pitcher and us fans on national tv.

I know he's good, but this is one client Scott Boras won't be able to get a contract for.

shoota
04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey Crede, how's that ****ing batting cage working for you now?

Here's a little rule of thumb you might want to consider: Finish a season .239, pack your Samsonite for winter ball. Finish the season with an on base percentage below .300, pack your Samsonite on the double.

And remember this too: When you MASH the ball 4 feet up the line and get thrown out, don't whine to the home plate umpire that the ball was foul.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-10-2005, 09:32 PM
When I originally posted this, it was during a heated game and I may have let my emotions influence me to start a thread. But now, after CredeChoker just muffed what would have been the third out of an inning in which Torii Hunter just hit a three-run jack to give the Twins the lead, I can't defend this scrub.

CrCREDE HAS TO GO. He's embarrasing our team, our pitcher and us fans on national tv.

I know he's good, but this is one client Scott Boras won't be able to get a contract for.

wow. you read my mind man.

santo=dorf
04-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Juan Uribe

Uribe changed his agent before signing that new deal.

**** CREDE!!! :angry:

shoota
04-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Look, Crede, if you're reading this, you owe me $300 because I just kicked my window air conditioning unit out of my window. While it was my frustation that made me kick the unit out of the window, it was your error that made me frustrated and allowed the Twins to take the lead, and I don't think I should have to go through my homeowner's insurance because you suck.

chisoxmike
04-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm done with Crede...get rid of him now. I'm tired of his stike 3 looking, strike 3 swinging out of the zone, botching the 3rd out of the inning. **** him! Make the move Kenny.

Nard
04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't see ya'll out there making diving stops at 3B.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

Nard
04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Look, Crede, if you're reading this, you owe me $300 because I just kicked my window air conditioning unit out of my window. While it was my frustation that made me kick the unit out of the window, it was your error that made me frustrated and allowed the Twins to take the lead, and I don't think I should have to go through my homeowner's insurance because you suck.

I punched a hole in my wall. Luckily it's a frathouse and we own the place so it's not going to cost anything but I think I might've broken something in my hand.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-10-2005, 09:52 PM
That made up for everything...Joe stays!

Cowch44
04-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I punched a hole in my wall. Luckily it's a frathouse and we own the place so it's not going to cost anything but I think I might've broken something in my hand.

I'm most mad because not only did it allow the Twins to get 4 runs, but also all of them were charged to Buehrle.

Nard
04-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah that's the worst part. Why wasn't it counted as an error? Not only does it potentially lose us the game, but there's also no more cool quality starts streak and it really hurts Buerhle's stats.

Mots09
04-10-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm most mad because not only did it allow the Twins to get 4 runs, but also all of them were charged to Buehrle.

Amen there. I think it might be time to try Pablo out at the three bag

shoota
04-10-2005, 10:02 PM
If I were a rookie on the White Sox, I would take the rookie-ribbing pretty well--until Joe Crede gets involved and tries to crack me with a wet towel in the shower. At that point I'm breaking the rookie rules and just laying in to the guy. "Ok, good one Buehrle, you got me with that itch cream. El Duque and Contreras, I didn't really catch what you said, but cool, good one" all while smiling. "Crede, I'm not going to let you put that bubblegum bubble on my hat. I know I'm just a rookie, and I'm breaking the rules, but I'm drawing the line at you. I don't get pranked by a guy who can't hit his weight. When you stop throwing games you can start pranking me."

DickAllen72
04-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Amen there. I think it might be time to try Pablo out at the three bag

As I just wrote in another thread, if Ozuna does well at 3B maybe Crede is the one who has to be moved to make room for Frank when he returns.

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah that's the worst part. Why wasn't it counted as an error? Not only does it potentially lose us the game, but there's also no more cool quality starts streak and it really hurts Buerhle's stats.

Are you joking?

What really hurt Buehrle's stats was throwing a meatball with a 3-0 count to Torii Hunter, when he should have walked him.

faneidde
04-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Are you joking?

What really hurt Buehrle's stats was throwing a meatball with a 3-0 count to Torii Hunter, when he should have walked him.
I may be wrong, but I thought you posted something in the gameday thread about Crede bashers starting their own thread. I'm confused as to why you would comment in that thread. Also, it was a 3-1 pitch.

mealfred13
04-11-2005, 01:03 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought you posted something in the gameday thread about Crede bashers starting their own thread. I'm confused as to why you would comment in that thread. Also, it was a 3-1 pitch.

I did, in the gameday thread, because every other post was an uber-intelligent, baseless "CREDE SUCKS."

I don't see why that precludes me from posting in this thread, since the point of it is to discuss Crede.

As for the fact that it was a 3-1 pitch, my original point still stands. Whether it was 3-0 or 3-1, he should have just walked Torii and got ahead of the next pitcher so he wouldn't be sitting on a freebee. You can't blame that decision on Crede. There were 2 out, and 1st base was open. There's no reason not to give him the base when you start the count 3-0 or 3-1 and he has a history of crushing us.

maurice
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I agree with Nellie. The Sox have shown an absurd amount of patience with Crede and gotten very little in return. If he doesn't turn it around before Frank comes off the DL, hand the job to Ozuna and let Crede figure out his swing elsewhere.

There's no comparison to Rowand. In fact, Crede and Rowand are practically the inverse of one another . . .

Year - Rowand - Crede
2002 - .258 AVE - .285 AVE
2003 - .287 AVE - .261 AVE
2004 - .310 AVE - .239 AVE

brewcrew/chisox
04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
What a difference a week makes.

Since this topic will indubitably be beaten to death, why not bring out the same old thread and let people continue to fight here?

jabrch
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
*****...Nice job. I love old threads.

SoxxoS
04-19-2005, 10:16 PM
*****...Nice job. I love old threads.

So do the mods.