PDA

View Full Version : chemistry

DoggPhood
04-09-2005, 04:22 PM
at the end of the game last night, when rowand caught the last out, dye was running towards him and after aaron caught it, dye gave him a big playful hug.

Ol' No. 2
04-09-2005, 04:24 PM
at the end of the game last night, when rowand caught the last out, dye was running towards him and after aaron caught it, dye gave him a big playful hug.Not that there's anything wrong with that.:tongue:

DoggPhood
04-09-2005, 04:29 PM
no, no, i just meant that it was good to see this team getting along well. it seems the last few years, the teams have been pretty cold. last year was a bit better. and this year it seems like a good bunch.

also, for some reason i'd always pictured dye as a cold, jerky player. but maybe that's just because he was on the A's and i hate the A's.

kevingrt
04-09-2005, 05:01 PM
It has been a pleasant surprise to see how the guys have meshed so far this year. Everyone from Iguchi to AJ have filled in very well and it looks like whoever hurt he clubhouse last year is gone, minus perhaps Frank but I think with a winning ball club he should be fine to PK and others.

Man I cannot wait for more Sox home games!

gobears1987
04-09-2005, 05:19 PM
The cancer was Lee. Mike NOrth reported on the Score that Lee was the clubhouse cancer. He said that he used to taunt Damaso Marte and make fun of him for his country of origin. North then went on to say that Marte probably intentionally hit him and that Marte was well within his right to get back at Lee. He also said that Lee wouldn't move over for ARow when he would make the call and that ARow would not be able to make the play as a result and neither would Lee. Our cancer is gone and now in Milwaukee.

robiwho
04-09-2005, 05:20 PM
at the end of the game last night, when rowand caught the last out, dye was running towards him and after aaron caught it, dye gave him a big playful hug.

I noticed that, too. It made me feel really good about the team and their ability to work together. It's not the kind of thing we would have seen the past few seasons, that's for sure.

NonetheLoaiza
04-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I saw it too. Made me feel good, looks like they are getting along well. I just want to see some more shaving cream pies this year!

Rocklive99
04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
I remember last year when Shingo was looking for his glove and PK told him where it was, even with the language barrier, that was pretty cool

FarWestChicago
04-09-2005, 06:18 PM
The cancer was Lee. Mike NOrth reported on the Score that Lee was the clubhouse cancer.There's a reliable source.

mealfred13
04-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I also saw Shingo giving hugs to AJ and Ozzie after that first save he had. Even Tim Raines gets a little action from Crazy Carl over at first base. I think they have a long time friendship possibly from Carl's days at Montreal. I don't remember if Raines and him actually played together or not though.

DSpivack
04-09-2005, 10:30 PM
I also saw Shingo giving hugs to AJ and Ozzie after that first save he had. Even Tim Raines gets a little action from Crazy Carl over at first base. I think they have a long time friendship possibly from Carl's days at Montreal. I don't remember if Raines and him actually played together or not though.

Raines joined the Sox in 1991, bounced around awhile, and was back in Montreal last year. Everett's only stint with le Spos was last year.

Realist
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I can't wait to see 'em all monkey pile on each after a very special game in late October.

:bandance:

BRDSR
04-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I can't wait to see 'em all monkey pile on each after a very special game in late October.

:bandance:

I think I'd like to be on that monkey pile. I say if there is such a monkey pile, WSI decides that all WSI members will simultaneously rush the field(assuming its in Chicago). If we all go, others will go, and they can't arrest everyone. And even if they did, how much fun would that jail cell be? I can't think of a better place for a bunch of diehard Sox fans to celebrate a White Sox World Series victory. Haha.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Just a note on what a funny guy AJ is:

At last Saturday's game in Milwaukee, there was no third base umpire for some reason. AJ was on third when Pods (or some other lefty) checked his swing. The Brewers' catcher pointed to third for the appeal. AJ looked around, and when he didn't see the ump anywhere, proceeded to call the batter "safe" himself. :D:

voodoochile
04-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the whole team feels that way. Hermanson clearly was pumped to close last night's game. Not only for himself, but for the team. He was proud when he nailed it down, you could see it all over his body language.

Chemistry and Focus will get you through some rough times...

mealfred13
04-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Raines joined the Sox in 1991, bounced around awhile, and was back in Montreal last year. Everett's only stint with le Spos was last year.