PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from Cubs home opener

kittle42
04-09-2005, 01:17 PM
That stadium was half-filled after the top of the ninth. That's ridiculous. Heaven forbid the game go to extra innings and "fans" sober up a little before hitting the bars all night long. At least I have more fodder to use against Cub fans now, I guess.

skobabe8
04-09-2005, 06:53 PM
That stadium was half-filled after the top of the ninth. That's ridiculous. Heaven forbid the game go to extra innings and "fans" sober up a little before hitting the bars all night long. At least I have more fodder to use against Cub fans now, I guess.

If it was half full in the top of the ninth, what was it like in the top of the 10th???

santo=dorf
04-09-2005, 06:58 PM
I saw one Cubs fan explaining all the people leaving because they had to catch the train otherwise they would be stuck there all night.

Brian26
04-09-2005, 08:08 PM
I saw one Cubs fan explaining all the people leaving because they had to catch the train otherwise they would be stuck there all night.

The last Metra trains leave Ogilvie and Union station around midnight.

gocubs
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah I can't believe how empty it was, it was almost as empty as the second White Sox game this year. I was sitting there thinking, where's the fan support at?That stadium was half-filled after the top of the ninth. That's ridiculous. Heaven forbid the game go to extra innings and "fans" sober up a little before hitting the bars all night long. At least I have more fodder to use against Cub fans now, I guess.

soxwon
04-10-2005, 12:58 AM
ill be there tommorow watching the brewers take the series.

soxwon
04-10-2005, 01:03 AM
tommorow im going wearing a sox jersey over a sl cardinals tshirt.

ya think cub fans will give me crap?

StillMissOzzie
04-10-2005, 02:02 AM
tommorow im going wearing a sox jersey over a sl cardinals tshirt.

ya think cub fans will give me crap?

Yes.
Give them a double dose back, and root for El Caballo the Cub Killa

SMO
:gulp:

Vestigio
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
One sCrUB fan was telling me that the reason people left both game 1 and and 3 after the 10th inning was because of their kids behaving poorly.:?: :dunno:

34 Inch Stick
04-11-2005, 10:45 AM
I like the fan witht he Bring Back Stoney sign right behind home plate. WGN could do nothing about it.

kittle42
04-11-2005, 11:26 AM
One sCrUB fan was telling me that the reason people left both game 1 and and 3 after the 10th inning was because of their kids behaving poorly.:?: :dunno:

Hmm...unless they were in their 50s-60s and their "kids" were twenty and thirty-something LP trixies, I don't buy it. :cool:

Vestigio
04-11-2005, 11:43 AM
They also told me that It was getting too cold out:whiner:

Palehose13
04-11-2005, 11:55 AM
This is quite funny cause I was checking out the scrub MLB board the other day (Wed or Thurs maybe) and they were making fun of the attendance at the Cell for the second game (I know, you're all surprised). Anyway, one fan even wrote something about a few seats being empty behind home plate and how no one even wanted to sit there (they obviously don't know about the scout seats).

So...I was at the gym Friday and the Brewer/cub game was on (so I watched it and did more cardio than planned cause it went into extra innings) and I could swear that I saw empty seats behind home plate as early as the 6th inning. I guess better seats were to be had at the cubby bear, so they left early.

NonetheLoaiza
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
When I saw that game and how people were leaving to "beat the traffic", I was appalled. That's worse than not going at all. How can you leave your team going into extras with a chance to win? Ridiculous.

itsnotrequired
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
When I saw that game and how people were leaving to "beat the traffic", I was appalled. That's worse than not going at all. How can you leave your team going into extras with a chance to win? Ridiculous.

Same thing happened yesterday. I live on Addison a little over a mile west of the park. You could tell people were leaving early because traffic got really bad in the 9th inning. I guess getting home in time for '60 Minutes' is more important than supporting the team.