PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Jeff Bagwell trade, ESPN.....

Tragg
04-09-2005, 09:43 AM
if Sosa-Bell is one of the 10 worst trades ever, why isn't the bagwell for Larry Anderson trade?

Bagwell is a better ballplayer than Sosa (especially if you think Thomas is better than Sosa; the similarity between Bagwell and Thomas is almost eerie, beginning with they were born on the exact same day).

And Jorge Bell was certainly a better player than Larry Anderson.

I wonder why they didn't include a Bosox trade as one of the worst. Hmmmmm.............

RKMeibalane
04-09-2005, 10:27 AM
if Sosa-Bell is one of the 10 worst trades ever, why isn't the bagwell for Larry Anderson trade?

Bagwell is a better ballplayer than Sosa (especially if you think Thomas is better than Sosa; the similarity between Bagwell and Thomas is almost eerie, beginning with they were born on the exact same day).

And Jorge Bell was certainly a better player than Larry Anderson.

I wonder why they didn't include a Bosox trade as one of the worst. Hmmmmm.............

I shook my head when the Sosa-Bell trade was listed. How can they include that in the Top 10 Worst Trades of All Time? What exactly did the Cubs win during Sosa's thirteen seasons on the North Side? To me, a trade can't really qualify as being a "bad" trade unless it drastically alters the course of the two franchises involved, as we have seen with the Shaquille O'Neal trade this season. The Cubs would have continued losing regardless of who was playing for them. The Sox reached the post-season not long after the trade was made (1993).

Perhaps a more interesting question is, why wasn't the Kobe Bryant-Vlade Divac trade included in that list? After being drafted by the Charlotte Hornets with the 13th pick in the 1996 draft, Bryant demanded a trade to the Lakers, and George Shinn was more than happy to accomodate him. The Lakers have since won three championships. The Hornets are an NBA laughingstock. Angry fans ran the team out of Charlotte, as they were tired of Shinn trading away the team's stars (Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, etc.). People were also angry with Shinn because of his involvement in a sexual misconduct case.

Since arriving in New Orleans, not much has changed for Hornets. Baron Davis was traded earlier this season, as was long-time Hornets guard David Wesley. I wonder how long it will take for Dan Dickau and JR Smith to be sent packing.

FightingBillini
04-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Shh, don't let that get out. The mindless fools don't know Bagwell was with the Red Sox at one time. It is one of the worst trades ever. Shhhh.

As for Sammy Sosa, he is a god. Now that its almost certain Mark McGwire took steroids, it is obvious that Sammy Sosa single handedly saved the game of baseball in America. It doesn't matter what you get in return for him, any team trading Sosa is dumb because he is the greatest ever and he is just so lovable!

Tragg
04-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I shook my head when the Sosa-Bell trade was listed. How can they include that in the Top 10 Worst Trades of All Time? What exactly did the Cubs win during Sosa's thirteen seasons on the North Side? To me, a trade can't really qualify as being a "bad" trade unless it drastically alters the course of the two franchises involved, as we have seen with the Shaquille O'Neal trade this season. The Cubs would have continued losing regardless of who was playing for them. The Sox reached the post-season not long after the trade was made (1993).

Perhaps a more interesting question is, why wasn't the Kobe Bryant-Vlade Divac trade included in that list? After being drafted by the Charlotte Hornets with the 13th pick in the 1996 draft, Bryant demanded a trade to the Lakers, and George Shinn was more than happy to accomodate him. The Lakers have since won three championships. The Hornets are an NBA laughingstock. Angry fans ran the team out of Charlotte, as they were tired of Shinn trading away the team's stars (Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, etc.). People were also angry with Shinn because of his involvement in a sexual misconduct case.

Since arriving in New Orleans, not much has changed for Hornets. Baron Davis was traded earlier this season, as was long-time Hornets guard David Wesley. I wonder how long it will take for Dan Dickau and JR Smith to be sent packing.

I live in N.O. - you forgot the giveaway of BArron Davis; could also list the old Gail Goodrich trade with the Lakers

SOXSINCE'70
04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Baron Davis was traded earlier this season, as was long-time Hornets guard David Wesley. I wonder how long it will take for Dan Dickau and JR Smith to be sent packing.

And the GS Warriors were on the verge of a 9 game win streak
for the first time in 11 years previous to Friday night.Many feel
one of the reasons for that was Baron Davis,who may have been
dogging it big time in N.O.

DumpJerry
04-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Shh, don't let that get out. The mindless fools don't know Bagwell was with the Red Sox at one time. It is one of the worst trades ever. Shhhh.

As for Sammy Sosa, he is a god. Now that its almost certain Mark McGwire took steroids, it is obvious that Sammy Sosa single handedly saved the game of baseball in America. It doesn't matter what you get in return for him, any team trading Sosa is dumb because he is the greatest ever and he is just so lovable!
:tealpolice:
Calling all cars, calling all cars!

FightingBillini
04-09-2005, 02:25 PM
:tealpolice:
Calling all cars, calling all cars!
Sadly, no teal is needed when ESPN says that. They seem to believe it.:(:

Blueprint1
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
I think that this player was traded himself. Lou Brock Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com (http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/brocklo01.shtml)

SOX ADDICT '73
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Sammy Sosa could go on to hit 800 home runs and win 5 consecutive WS titles with the Orioles, and I still would be happy about that trade. The Sox are so lucky to have ditched him before they could be tainted by the stink and shame of his steroid use. I love rubbing that in the faces of my Cub fan friends who so enjoyed waving his 60-HR seasons in mine.

Dibbs
04-10-2005, 09:45 AM
As far as the Kobe for Vlade trade...it was not bad at all. Kobe never "demanded" a trade. The only reason the Hornets drafted him was because they had a trade in place before the pick. They never intended on keeping Bryant or even drafting him if L.A. didn't call with that proposal.