PDA

View Full Version : 3 fans ejected from Cubs opener.

Clement's beard
04-09-2005, 10:20 AM
From the "Extra innings" section of the Trib: I would say Baker's seat is on fire.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050408cubsbits,1,4675200.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Security personnel ejected three men sitting near the Cubs' dugout after one of them yelled an obscenity during the 10th inning at Baker as he walked back to the dugout after making a pitching change.

Dusty, that heat you're feeling is going to get much hotter.

34 Inch Stick
04-09-2005, 11:25 AM
How long until Dusty blames racism for the abuse he is going to recieve this year?

BigEdWalsh
04-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Alert! Alert!!
Security personnel ejected three men sitting near the Cubs' dugout after one of them yelled an obscenity during the 10th inning at Baker as he walked back to the dugout after making a pitching change.

Moms! Dads! Be warned: Don't take your kids to Wrigley Field. There's terrible, dangerous, drunken mullet-headed people there. It's a horrible and menacing place.
:threadrules:

Clement's beard
04-09-2005, 11:38 AM
How long until Dusty blames racism for the abuse he is going to recieve this year?

I think he already did during spring training. There was an article in a SF newspaper from a guy that is friends with Baker saying that Baker is "out of here" after the two years on his contract are up. Baker supposedly was quoted as saying: "They don't want a black man to be successful in this town".

He was referring to the Don Baylor and Lovie Smith bashing. Again, this was something Baker supposedly said. If he's not careful, Brenly will be being replacing him mid-season.

LongLiveFisk
04-09-2005, 02:18 PM
If he's not careful, Brenly will be being replacing him mid-season.

Maybe that helped Brenly get the broadcasting gig. Going from the booth to the dugout=quick, easy transition! :D:

voodoochile
04-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I think he already did during spring training. There was an article in a SF newspaper from a guy that is friends with Baker saying that Baker is "out of here" after the two years on his contract are up. Baker supposedly was quoted as saying: "They don't want a black man to be successful in this town".

He was referring to the Don Baylor and Lovie Smith bashing. Again, this was something Baker supposedly said. If he's not careful, Brenly will be being replacing him mid-season.

Do you have a Link?

Just to be clear, I am not trying to call you a liar, I just want to see the article in question. That is extremely explosive stuff...

NSSoxFan
04-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Baker supposedly was quoted as saying: "They don't want a black man to be successful in this town".

I remember reading this article as well. I guess the names Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Frank Thomas, Gale Sayers, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman don't mean a thing to this scumbag. Hey Dusty, don't let a few drunken idiot flub fans make you think that this city is racist, which is so f'n far from the truth. I don't know about you guys, but when some idiot calls OUR city a racist town, I get really pissed.

Clement's beard
04-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Voodoo, Here is one link.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/03/15/SPGK7BPIRR1.DTL

One of Dusty's friends, a white man, recently told me, "I hate to say this about my town, but a lot of people in Chicago don't want to see a black man in a job that responsible." That's a loaded statement, but don't dismiss it unless you've walked in Baker's shoes. Racist, impatient or just plain dumb, people in Chicago don't get Dusty. They don't deserve him, either. Win or lose, he will be long gone as soon as his contract expires in two years.

spiffie
04-09-2005, 02:33 PM
The original article http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/03/15/SPGK7BPIRR1.DTL

Dusty's reaction
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-kiley18.html

DumpJerry
04-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Hey Hangar, I see you made it to the good seats at The Urinal for Opening Day! My hat's off to you!

I assume that these were Sox fans since the people ejected are described as "men" and not "sniveling little jerks who are in their 40's and live in their mommies' basement and await the opening of the next 'Star Wars' movie as the next big event in their lives.":D:

dcb33
04-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm surprised the Cubs didn't eject the fan in the front row behind home plate who was holding up that "Bring Back Stoney" sign all afternoon. Usually bad things happen to those who fail to tow the Tribune Company's line...

soxstarter
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey DumpJerry....I am glad my children weren't at that game. I wouldn't want them exposed to people that carry on like that. I'd rather teach them to utter obscenities, that act like a Cub fan!

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 01:07 AM
From the "Extra innings" section of the Trib: I would say Baker's seat is on fire.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050408cubsbits,1,4675200.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

I believe they were IRS agents looking for a check.

maurice
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/coaches/30016.jpg
"Dude, I can take the heat better than a white manager,
man. That's why they shipped us over here, dude."

ma_deuce
04-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Wow... the Cubs finally pick up three people who know the game of baseball and still support the Cubs, and they eject 'em. That goes to show that dissention will be dealt with swiftly and severely.

If your not towing the line, you're out of line in Dusty's book.

Hangar18
04-11-2005, 05:21 PM

Flim-Flam Man Baker actually did his "I was talking to a friend of mine, and he
said man Dusty, they must be racist in Chicago", never naming the "friend".

jordan23ventura
04-13-2005, 06:16 AM
I think the reason Dusty is gone - and not by his own choice - is because he is a players manager that can't manage the players. What about that entire 2004 season, Dusty? Ooops! Oh wait, it was all Sosa's fault - and Mercker's - and LaTroy's - and Prior's - and Wood's - and Chip Caray's, but mostly Steve Stone's. I wonder if the Cubs can pick up Jerry Manuel?