PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
04-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Did what he was asked to do.

:everett:

You thought I couldn't help fill Frank's shoes? You probably beleive in dinosaurs too.

batmanZoSo
04-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh, Carl....you so cray-zeh...

PAPChiSox729
04-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Carl had a great night. A lot of our guys had good games. El Duque, of course, was on his game. Pods got on base and stole 2 bases (even though he did get CS), PK hit a big homerun that helped the Sox bats come to life. Hermanson had 2 solid innings. It was a team effort tonight.

chisoxmike
04-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Totally Bias Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2773)

Whitesox029
04-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Daver I felt sorry for you having to make this call...everyone in the chat thought El Duque was a lock but I wasn't so sure. Carl was a good call I suppose (Don't pull the elephant gun out!...I had Konerko).

gobears1987
04-09-2005, 01:06 AM
I will say El Duque deserved it more, but Carl is not a bad choice here. It's a tough call here.

Daver
04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
I will say El Duque deserved it more, but Carl is not a bad choice here. It's a tough call here.

Since it is early in the season, I will reiterate on how disputes with the WSI umpire are handled.

Method one involves small, unmarked bills with pictures of dead presidents on them, the U.S. mint has made it so that they feature more colors than just green now.

Method two involves defeating said umpire in a duel, elephant guns at a thousand paces, you will be expected to provide your own longarm capable of shooting 2000 yards with accuracy. It is common knowledge that the umpire can hit a six inch target at two thousand yards.

:)

voodoochile
04-09-2005, 10:03 AM
El Duque didn't meet the criteria for a pitcher winning either...

Brian26
04-09-2005, 10:41 AM
El Duque didn't meet the criteria for a pitcher winning either...

Yes, you're correct. He barely missed it. But, there's also a note saying when the opposition scores less than 3 runs, the PTC is usually a pitcher. I'm actually surprised it wasn't PK since he had the go-ahead homer that turned out to be the GW RBI. I thought it would be El Duque or PK.

I want Mags back
04-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I believe the WSI umpire says

Starting Pitchers

Qualify to win PTC when the Sox score less than 3 runs by allowing less than 3 earned runs while pitching 7+ innings.
Qualify to win PTC when the Sox score 3 or more runs by holding the opposition to less than 5 hits OR pitching a complete game OR pitching 7+ innings of shutout baseball.
2. Criteria for selecting the winning PTC.

If the opposing team scores less than three runs, the PTC will likely be one of the pitchers.
If the opposing team scores three runs or more, the PTC will likely be one of the position players.
If the opposing team scores exactly three runs, the PTC won't favor either pitchers or position players.

El Duque takes it

DaleJRFan
04-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Carl had a great night. A lot of our guys had good games. El Duque, of course, was on his game. Pods got on base and stole 2 bases (even though he did get CS), PK hit a big homerun that helped the Sox bats come to life. Hermanson had 2 solid innings. It was a team effort tonight.

Hermanson = REALLY GOOD. Doesn't seem afraid to come inside or throw a splitter on a 3-2 count, goes right after hitters. I like him. I like him, a lot.

chisoxmike
04-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I believe the WSI umpire says

El Duque takes it

Let it go people, Daver has spoken. Its only the forth game, there are still 158 games to play.

SABRSox
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I've been searching forever and I can't find, so I'm going to ask a dumb question. Where is the PTC scoreboard located?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I've been searching forever and I can't find, so I'm going to ask a dumb question. Where is the PTC scoreboard located?
CLR01 updates the standings HERE (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=349190&postcount=2)

SABRSox
04-09-2005, 03:52 PM
CLR01 updates the standings HERE (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=349190&postcount=2)

Thanks. I didn't even bother looking in that thread, since it said it hadn't been updated since April 2004.