PDA

View Full Version : Yanks' Wright Gets Wrocked

Unregistered
04-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Somehow in NY, people think that if a crappy pitcher signs with the Yankees, he'll all of the sudden be great. Idiots! :D:

Wright was hit hard in four-plus innings, giving up six runs and eight hits.

Sosa went 1-for-4, was hit by a pitch and was booed each time up in his first game at Yankee Stadium since April 17, 1991, when he was on the Chicago White Sox
:redneck

PAPChiSox729
04-08-2005, 10:38 PM
The Yankees are overpaying this guy. He deserves about half of his salary. But then again, these are the Yankees. I don't think they are on a very restricted payroll...

spawn
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
You would think GM's would learn their lessons about signing free agent pitchers from Atlanta, because once they leave the Braves, they generally don't pitch as well...

Banix12
04-08-2005, 10:55 PM
You would think GM's would lern their lessons about signing free agent pitchers from Atlanta, because once the leave the Braves, they generally don't pitch as well...

Yeah, I gotta think more people should have paid attention to the red flags around Wright. History of arm trouble, only one good season since the arm trouble. Then again it's just one start and he could rebound to have a good season, but I gotta think last year was a fluke and they should have tried to hang onto Lieber if they were serious about winning this season.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Just to think, ESPN and everyone else was reporting that we were close to signing Jaret Wright. I'm much happier that we got the cheaper and better El Duque. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
04-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Just to think, ESPN and everyone else was reporting that we were close to signing Jaret Wright. I'm much happier that we got the cheaper and better El Duque. :D:

Who looked pretty damn good Friday night,might I add.
No BB's,5 K's.I swear the last one was Matt LeCroy,who
busted his bat in sheer frustration for striking out on a
beautiful offspeed pitch.:bandance: :bandance:

Rocklive99
04-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Cy Westbrook getting rocked by the Tigers, 8-0 in the 3rd

itsnotrequired
04-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Cy Westbrook getting rocked by the Tigers, 8-0 in the 3rd

Just pulled him. Saverbeck in.

Westbrook had 2 IP, 7 H, 8 R (7 earned), 2 BB and gave up 2 HRs. Ouch.

TDog
04-09-2005, 02:17 PM
I enjoyed the note about Sosa being booed each time up in NY. That, of course, is a tradition started by Sox fans that became fashionable after Cubs fans picked it up and claimed it as their own.

balke
04-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I put in Westbrook on my fantasy squad just for giggles after that great performance. I was like "don't do it, its the Tigers... eh we'll see what's the worst that could happen?"

From 2nd place to 5th I'll bet after that outing.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-09-2005, 04:23 PM
First starts of the season...

Orlando Hernandez: W, 7IP, 6H, 1ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Jaret Wright: L, 4IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Man, KW dropped the ball AGAIN and made the wrong move AGAIN.
I hope he gets fired before the All-Star break.

NonetheLoaiza
04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
That makes me feel good. I'm very glad that we didn't sign Wright, and think that El Duque has more potential than Wright. If yesterday's performance is any indication, we should be in for a pleasant surprise.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
First starts of the season...

Orlando Hernandez: W, 7IP, 6H, 1ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Jaret Wright: L, 4IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Man, KW dropped the ball AGAIN and made the wrong move AGAIN.
I hope he gets fired before the All-Star break.
Brian Cashman definitely dropped the ball. I know it's only 1 start, but I know a lot of Yankee fans who were absolutely steamed when the Yankees decided to let him go after last season. El Duque was their most reliable pitcher in the 2nd half last year.