PDA

View Full Version : Ordonez Now Has a Viral Infection

Unregistered
04-08-2005, 12:47 PM
The ailments just keep on coming...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050407&content_id=1002916&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Magglio Ordonez is expected to miss at least two games with what the Tigers are calling a viral infection.
Ordonez left Wednesday's game after four innings complaining of dizziness. Further examination determined that his already weakened immune system has essentially been hit by a flu bug.

Mickster
04-08-2005, 12:53 PM
:?:

I didn't know viruses could hurt one's knees????

Vestigio
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
2 games down 23 more to go...:D:

rmusacch
04-08-2005, 12:58 PM
2 games down 23 more to go...:D:

I thought the 25 games had to be related to his knees to void the contract?

voodoochile
04-08-2005, 12:59 PM
:maggs
"Just look at my knee! It's the size of a freaking grapefruit! If that's not a viral infection, then I am a lying two-bit hustler. Oh wait..."

RKMeibalane
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Careful, everyone. Inta might come back here and cause trouble if people keep bashing Maggs.

"Inta2 acts like Inta1."

"Inta3 acts like Inta2."

"Inta4 acts like Inta3."

"Inta5 acts like Inta4?"

It could happen (and probably will).

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I thought the 25 games had to be related to his knees to void the contract?Right. And he has to be on the DL. Missed games on the roster don't count.

:cleo I predict a lot of viral infections this year.

Flight #24
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Right. And he has to be on the DL. Missed games on the roster don't count.

Something tells me that before the season is done, we're going to have a laundry list of ailments that'll make the all-time list for most interesting reasons to miss a game. My current favorites generally involve NBA players missing games with wrist tendonitis caused by too much videogaming, but I think Maggs is going to run a pretty interesting gamut this year.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Right. And he has to be on the DL. Missed games on the roster don't count.

Too funny. You can't even prove a viral infection, can you? It's like you have to take the patient at his word he isn't feeling well.

:maggs
"Yes, my knee is the size of a grapefruit, but it's the viral infection. Now send me my next paycheck!"

:borass:
"You heard the man. Pay up!"

DumpJerry
04-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Can he miss a game because he's having a bad hair day? How about "I picked up something when the space aliens held me on the Mothership for two hours?" Will that one work?

On the new (and hilarious) NBC show "The Office" last week, they were looking for a new health plan and the employees had to submit what ailments they suffered from. There were some funny and creative ones submitted. I think Maggs (or actually Borassss) Tivo'd it to add to the list of things that can go wrong with one's health that does not involve the knees.

I think the Kitties are a lock for dumbest franchise of the MLB for the decade.

samram
04-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I think the Kitties are a lock for dumbest franchise of the MLB for the decade.

Have you heard about the team that plays in Queens?:D:

DumpJerry
04-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Have you heard about the team that plays in Queens?:D:
I think the Kitties just barely edge out the Mets....but you do have a strong point. Might change my mind in a month if the current won/loss patterns continue.

samram
04-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I think the Kitties just barely edge out the Mets....but you do have a strong point. Might change my mind in a month if the current won/loss patterns continue.

Yeah, it's a pretty close race. The Tigers could be really screwed if Maggs' knee is wrecked (and he hides it, although I don't think he'll be able to) and if Pudge Rodriguez shows any effects from his weight loss (at least his contract is up after next year, IIRC). The commitment to Maggs could really handcuff them financially for a long time.

The stupidest thing about the Mets is their failure to fill out their bullpen with solid guys (even though they have the money to do so) knowing that their starting staff has a lot of 6 inning pitchers. It's almost as if Minaya forgot about the bullpen with the Pedro and Beltran signings. The Kris Benson signing also isn't what one would call ingenious. Neither was the Zambrano trade.

Fredsox
04-10-2005, 07:22 AM
0-5 record + $104 million payroll = Dumbest Franchise

Looks like the Mets are the clear winner at this point in time.

DumpJerry
04-10-2005, 09:41 AM
0-5 record + $104 million payroll = Dumbest Franchise

Looks like the Mets are the clear winner at this point in time.
Starting to look like that. Maybe we should name a franchise for each league. However, keep in mind the Bulls started the season not only 0-9, but 1-15 and now they are in the playoffs after going 43-17 through last night.

The Bulls, however, did not ignore glaring holes and sign FA's they did not need. They just needed to get the chemistry together which Skiles has dont masterfully. Speaking of Unlce Jerry teams and chemistry, are we seeing some good chemistry on the Sox? There are no prima donnas and there is a sence that the team just needs to get the job done.....

cwsfannick
04-10-2005, 01:57 PM
This viral infection seems to be going around. Now Shaq has it and will miss the Heat's game today. I wonder why the rest of the Tiger's don't have the same ailment?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2005, 02:14 PM
I wonder why the rest of the Tiger's don't have the same ailment?

Why? Easy. The rest of the Tigers didn't have experimental "anti-viral treatment" last winter in Austria.

:cool:

johnny_mostil
04-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I thought the 25 games had to be related to his knees to void the contract?

You think Boras is injecting him with virii? If he's sick all year he can't hurt his knees, can he?