PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee at Grandstand yesterday...

White Sox Randy
04-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I was at Grandstand yesterday afternoon and saw Carlos Lee hanging around with the employees there and I was shocked.

I said hey Carlos what are you doing here ? And, he just looked at me like what do you mean ? The guy behing the counter that he was talking with said well it's his day off.

Firstly, I was surprised because I thought there might be some bad blood with the trade, Ozzie's comments and Marte's pitch. But, he seemed happy and right at home. Also, he just had that big day with 4 rbi's and I was just surprised to see him hanging around. It was pretty cool. Any comments ? Anyone else see him ?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Firstly, I was surprised because I thought there might be some bad blood with the trade, Ozzie's comments and Marte's pitch. But, he seemed happy and right at home. Also, he just had that big day with 4 rbi's and I was just surprised to see him hanging around. It was pretty cool. Any comments ? Anyone else see him ?

I'm sure Tailgunner Joe would take exception to your characterization of Carlos. Here's guessing tomorrow's Southtown has an article about shoplifting at Grandstand with police in hot pursuit of their prime suspect up in Milwaukee.

:cool:

pinwheels3530
04-08-2005, 12:01 PM
I was at Grandstand yesterday afternoon and saw Carlos Lee hanging around with the employees there and I was shocked.

I said hey Carlos what are you doing here ? And, he just looked at me like what do you mean ? The guy behing the counter that he was talking with said well it's his day off.

Carlos & the people the owners from Grandstand are really close friends.

CHIsoxNation
04-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Yah I have seen Carlos and his wife over there many times. I'm not too surprised he came down to visit.

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm sure Tailgunner Joe would take exception to your characterization of Carlos. Here's guessing tomorrow's Southtown has an article about shoplifting at Grandstand with police in hot pursuit of their prime suspect up in Milwaukee.

:cool::kneeslap:

Rocklive99
04-08-2005, 02:36 PM
He's also in town on the mission of crushing Cub's pitching

Sleep520
04-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Anyone else see him ?

He's in a brewers uniform playing at wrigley right now. Saw him on tv.

DaleJRFan
04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
He's also in town on the mission of crushing Cub's pitching

Carlos Lee was traded as a part of a vast conspiracy by Whte Sox management to crush the Northside Baseball Team.

Are we going to have Carlos Lee sighting threads along with the Jeremy Reed stats-with-Seattle threads????

owensmouth
04-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Carlos Lee was traded as a part of a vast conspiracy by Whte Sox management to crush the Northside Baseball Team.

Are we going to have Carlos Lee sighting threads along with the Jeremy Reed stats-with-Seattle threads????

How about some Carlos Lee versus Jeremy Reed stats threads?

GiveMeSox
04-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Carlos & the people the owners from Grandstand are really close friends.

Yeah expect to see Carlos a lot. They do play the cubs 16 times, 8 in Chicago. So he should be around quite a few times.

Viva Medias B's
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
If Carlos was at Grandstand yesterday, was he at the game yesterday?

kevingrt
04-09-2005, 01:52 PM
If Carlos was at Grandstand yesterday, was he at the game yesterday?

I coulda have sworn I saw hm beat up the Cubbies at the Urinal, again.

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I coulda have sworn I saw hm beat up the Cubbies at the Urinal, again.

I meant the Sox-Indians game on Thursday, the one Ozzie managed so well.