PDA

View Full Version : Twins Media Coverage

ma-gaga
04-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Twins articles on AJ:

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox never liked A.J. Pierzynski much when he played for the Twins.

That was no secret.

As tensions between the two teams mounted, the ultracompetitive catcher was at the root of much of Chicago's scorn.

"A pain," White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams said this week, describing Pierzynski as an opponent. "He was always driving your pitcher's pitch count up, fouling off balls with ugly swings, talking to your hitters and stuff."

Williams took stock of what he was saying for a second and then continued: "So what? Now he's our pain."

Funny how these things work sometimes. After getting traded from the Twins and spending a turbulent season in San Francisco, Pierzynski returns to the Metrodome tonight on the other side of the rivalry.

But look who's talking smack now. Not Pierzynski. Surrounded by his new White Sox teammates, he was pretty reserved this week as he spoke about seeing the Twins for the first time since the trade. Sounded like a man with a reputation to restore.

But his old teammates aren't going to make it easy.

"We'll be giving him grief from the dugout," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Absolutely, just like we always do with other players who played here.

"If a ball bounces off his glove, we're going to be yelling. And he'll be looking at us. I guarantee it because A.J. enjoys the game as much as we do."

Entire article is here. (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5336574.html) It's pretty good. :cool:

Foulke You
04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Nice article. What sort of reception do you think A.J. is going to get tonight? I had heard that Minnesota announcers were encouraging fans to come out and boo A.J. during the weekend series? Did I hear that right?

SOXSINCE'70
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I was watching MLB extra innings Wednesday night (Twinkies @ M's)
and was unaware how much the Twinkie brain trust ripped off 2004's
"Sox Pride" campaign.The best was the cleaning woman cleaning the floor
with a Sox jersey.Then there's their new slogan for 2005:
"You're in Twins Territory". Is "Twinkie Territory" related to
"White Sox Country" ?? Just asking.

Bring it on,bee-yotches.The Twinkies are human.They can be beaten
if the Sox don't allow sell out crowds at the MetroDoom to intimdate
them.:angry: :angry:

gosox41
04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I was watching MLB extra innings Wednesday night (Twinkies @ M's)
and was unaware how much the Twinkie brain trust ripped off 2004's
"Sox Pride" campaign.The best was the cleaning woman cleaning the floor
with a Sox jersey.Then there's their new slogan for 2005:
"You're in Twins Territory". Is "Twinkie Territory" related to
"White Sox Country" ?? Just asking.

Bring it on,bee-yotches.The Twinkies are human.They can be beaten
if the Sox don't allow sell out crowds at the MetroDoom to intimdate
them.:angry: :angry:

Here's an idea. How about the Sox having sell out crowds when the Twins come to the Cell. It may not help, but it can't hurt.

Bob

ma-gaga
04-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Nice article. What sort of reception do you think A.J. is going to get tonight? I had heard that Minnesota announcers were encouraging fans to come out and boo A.J. during the weekend series? Did I hear that right?

I'm guessing he'll be booed. I mean, he isn't "hated", but fans in mass are generally morons and cheer for the uniform and not the player.

They booed Cordova, even though the Twins CUT him. They booed Knoublach, even though the Twins TRADED him. That being said, Knoublach did a couple of real moronic things while he was a Twin. He reportedly slammed a kid up against the wall who was asking for an autograph, and he whined about his salary a bunch.

AJ didn't do anything negative as a Twin, and I think most knowlidgable fans will understand that Joe Nathan wouldn't be a Twin without AJ being traded, and he should be politely applauded. But the fanbase in mass will only know that:
a. He used to be a Twin.
b. Now he's not.

Therefore:
c. Boo him.

Morons. :cool: