PDA

View Full Version : Cubune can't get their facts straight

Iwritecode
04-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Not once but twice!!!

Found these gems on their website:

At the end of yesterday's game recap...
"And the next one, against four-time Central champion Minnesota, is not little by any standards."
- Dave van Dyck

Comparing the numbers between the Sox and Twins...
"It also has been a one-sided rivalry, with the Sox finishing second to the Twins four straight seasons."
- Bob Foltman

That's funny, I remember seeing Cleveland in the ALDS in 2001... :?:

Mods: I debated on whether this was the right forum or not. Please move as necessary.

Stroker Ace
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Cubune not getting the facts straight? Who knew?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Mods: I debated on whether this was the right forum or not. Please move as necessary.

These are facts you are quoting. The Cubune got their facts wrong and made the hometown team look bad, too. Typical, really...

So you're fine posting this here because it is a FACT. OTOH, if you also opined that this was a Flubune conspiracy to put Mark Prior's stupid minor league start on page 1 with a color picture, that would be silly because the Cubune would never do that... oh, wait!

:wink:

santo=dorf
04-08-2005, 12:08 PM
To the Cubune's defense, the Sox finished in third in 2001 whereas the Twins finished in second.

Clembasbal
04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
To the Cubune's defense, the Sox finished in third in 2001 whereas the Twins finished in second.

But the Indians still won the divison that year. Only making the Twins champs in 2002, 2003 and 2004. Three years.

This like bit of information should go to the author of the crappy piece, as well as the Cubune high ups for a writer not get his/her facts straight.

This is why I only use the Cubune as toliet training paper for my puppy.

Iwritecode
04-08-2005, 12:17 PM
But the Indians still won the divison that year. Only making the Twins champs in 2002, 2003 and 2004. Three years.

This like bit of information should go to the author of the crappy piece, as well as the Cubune high ups for a writer not get his/her facts straight.

This is why I only use the Cubune as toliet training paper for my puppy.

That would be writers.

I edited my original post to show who said what.

jortafan
04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I hate to ruin the Tribune-bashing session here (there are times when it is totally called for). But in my print edition of the newspaper (you know, that old-fashioned thing that you carry around with you and can read virtually anywhere), Van Dyck's story refers to the three-time Central champion Twins, and Foltman's story says the Sox finished second to the Twins three straight seasons.

So much for the death of print, with all those copy editors who supposedly act as a barrier to a writer being able to tell the truth.

Lip Man 1
04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
In the story that I read last night on the web site he also had Alex Cora as hitting the tying home run off Shino instead of Belliard. I tried to e-mail him to let him know about it but never could find his e-mail address.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
In the story that I read last night on the web site he also had Alex Cora as hitting the tying home run off Shino instead of Belliard. I tried to e-mail him to let him know about it but never could find his e-mail address.

LipI suppose we should be happy anyone at the Trib even knows any of the Sox players' names.

Jurr
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
The tribune represents a perversion of baseball. The Cubs and their fans are ridiculous....hands down. We know this...'nuff said.

However..today...6th inning, Cubs up one run. Kerry Wood has a 3-1 count and gets gipped out of a strike. Probably 100 people made any kind of noise in disgust. Sox fans get crazy when something like that happens. I just dont' see how hard it is to pay attention to a game when you paid money to go see it and you supposedly LOVE the team. Pathetic.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm sure they meant that the Sox finished second to the Twins in the battle for "Division Runner-Up."