PDA

View Full Version : What is on the 2005 scorecard?

comiskey2000
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Wasn't able to go to a game this week. For those who did go, what is on the cover of the 2005 scorecard?

mweflen
04-08-2005, 01:52 AM
a shot of Rowand's back while swinging. and the traditional miller lite bottle, of course.

Chez
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
For those of us who consider keeping score an essential, if not sacred part of attending a ballgame, the situation on the South Side has improved dramatically over the years. It wasn't that long ago when the White Sox only sold complete game programs/magazines and not separate scorecards -- meaning you had to fork over 3 or 4 bucks for every game you attended. When they finally introduced separate scorecards, they didn't have the rosters printed on the scorecard itself. Instead they sold a generic scorecard with the rosters printed on a separate piece of paper -- which inevitably would blow away during the game. They finally got it right about 3 or 4 years ago when they offered scorecards with the rosters printed on them for a buck. It's the little things in life which keep you going.

comiskey2000
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
The seprerate scorecards are really cool to collect too.

Brian26
04-08-2005, 03:17 PM
The Scoremaster Scorebook is absolutely the way to go, though. Unfortunately, you don't have a roster for the opposing team that way...but if you're paying attention to the board and Gene Honda, you don't necessarily need one.

JRIG
04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
For those of us who consider keeping score an essential, if not sacred part of attending a ballgame, the situation on the South Side has improved dramatically over the years. It wasn't that long ago when the White Sox only sold complete game programs/magazines and not separate scorecards -- meaning you had to fork over 3 or 4 bucks for every game you attended. When they finally introduced separate scorecards, they didn't have the rosters printed on the scorecard itself. Instead they sold a generic scorecard with the rosters printed on a separate piece of paper -- which inevitably would blow away during the game. They finally got it right about 3 or 4 years ago when they offered scorecards with the rosters printed on them for a buck. It's the little things in life which keep you going.

Ever since I started keeping score back in '93, they've always sold them separately. So you must be talking a few years back. :D:

I do miss the paper inserts because they had each player's service time listed on them as well. It made for some interesting info each game.

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2005, 03:26 PM
The Scoremaster Scorebook is absolutely the way to go, though. Unfortunately, you don't have a roster for the opposing team that way...but if you're paying attention to the board and Gene Honda, you don't necessarily need one.

What I desperately need is a comprehensive website for different ways to score, and how to score certain unusual plays and defensive substitutions/pinch-hitting. I have a pretty bad way of keeping score that probably makes sense only to me, so I wouldn't mind learning how to do a better job of it.

Any ideas?

comiskey2000
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
www.baseballscorecard.com (http://www.baseballscorecard.com) seems to be the online authority. Many people post confusing plays on the message board.

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
www.baseballscorecard.com (http://www.baseballscorecard.com) seems to be the online authority. Many people post confusing plays on the message board.

Bookmarked.

Thanks muchly.

:thumbsup: