PDA

View Full Version : MJH to broadcast from urinal tomorrow

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Or some bar by it. The reason I brought this up is because I don't think WMVP, THE SOX FLAGSHIP STATION, had any broadcasts from the cell (or a bar) on Monday. They could have broadcast there or at a bar from 11-2 or something like that. MJH or Silvy and Carmen could have just broadcast at a different time. Boers and Bernstein had their broadcast at Puffers Monday, but the score is sending every show to the urinal tomorrow.

BRDSR
04-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Or some bar by it. The reason I brought this up is because I don't think WMVP, THE SOX FLAGSHIP STATION, had any broadcasts from the cell (or a bar) on Monday. They could have broadcast there or at a bar from 11-2 or something like that. MJH or Silvy and Carmen could have just broadcast at a different time. Boers and Bernstein had their broadcast at Puffers Monday, but the score is sending every show to the urinal tomorrow.

Carmen and Silvy did broadcast from a bar. It was in the south loop and called...OReilly's? Something Irish. O' something. And I believe it was from 10-2. Thats where they were when they interviewed Reinsdorf and JR got all pissy.

SoxFan78
04-08-2005, 09:55 AM

Don't forget that WMVP also has Mike and Mike at Murphys and Silvy and Carmen at some other bar. Want directions? Dont worry, just go to the white sox flagship station website www.espnradio1000.com (http://www.espnradio1000.com) and they will give you directions!

Kind of off topic, I also love that "Sox Fan" Bruce Wolf was at Wrigley Field this morning for opening day. Monday, that drillrod was in the studio.

Love that media bias!

The Wimperoo
04-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Once the game was over on Opening Day, MJH were broadcasting from the Cell I thought.

Palehose13
04-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Once the game was over on Opening Day, MJH were broadcasting from the Cell I thought.

Yep they were, but that won't stop the pissing and moaning.

Look guys...it is the cub home opener. They do have fans that the media needs to cater to...if anything the Illini cut into our coverage on opening day, but not the cubs.

Foulke You
04-08-2005, 12:55 PM
if anything the Illini cut into our coverage on opening day, but not the cubs.

Bingo. The Illini really cut the Sox coverage and the baseball coverage in general. The Sox had made the sports cover (front and back) for the Sun Times after Opening Day the last few years, but this year, it was all Illini while the Sox and Cubs were relegated to Page 10-12.

SOXSINCE'70
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
And this is a surprise why????:dunno: :dunno:

Palehose Pete
04-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I understand the that the Illini stole some of our thunder, as well they should have since it was a big deal that they were in the Finals.

However, that doesn't change the fact that as I was driving to work this morning, it was almost impossible to avoid the Cubs because it seemed that every morning "Zoo Crew" was at a bar near The Urinal singing the praises of the Cubs' opening day. I don't recall anything close that sort of treatment for the Sox.

PatK
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Best part of MJH was all the losers calling in about how their season is over, and Harry proving once again that he is a clueless fan that shouldn't be a "sports" caster.