PDA

View Full Version : Prior pitches against Albuquerque

DrCrawdad
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
6 runs off Prior after a few innings.

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Pretty much the same as Schilling's outing today.

DMarte708
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
:bandance:

What minor league level is Prior pitching against, tonight? I thought he was opening for the AAA club.

Regardless, 6 runs against any minor league level, especially when you're the Messiah, is not a good sign.

I'm interested in hearing Mike Kiley spin this outting. "Prior encouraged despite results. Says April 13th start still on track."

I love it when everything screws up for the Cubs.

DrCrawdad
04-07-2005, 09:13 PM
:bandance:

What minor league level is Prior pitching against, tonight? I thought he was opening for the AAA club.

Regardless, 6 runs against any minor league level, especially when you're the Messiah, is not a good sign.

I'm interested in hearing Mike Kiley spin this outting. "Prior encouraged despite results. Says April 13th start still on track."

I love it when everything screws up for the Cubs.

He's opening for their AAA club Iowa against the Albuquerque Isotopes.

DrCrawdad
04-07-2005, 09:24 PM
End of the 7th, 8-3 Isotopes.

shoota
04-07-2005, 09:51 PM
End of the 7th, 8-3 Isotopes.

Do you have a pitching line on Prior and a pitch count?

SOXPHILE
04-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Remember last year, when he started his rehab in A ball with the Lansing Lugnuts ? I can honestly say that is in the top 5 most stupid, if not THE most stupid I've seen the Chicago media act. For days and days before the game, the Cubune was hyping it, and even giving directions to the stadium and how to buy tickets to a Lugnuts game. The day he pitched, the Score sent some one, Offman I think, to COVER THE GAME, AND GIVE UPDATES EVERY HALF HOUR !!!! FOR A FRIGGIN' REHAB START IN AN "A" BALL GAME !!!!! This year, notice how there's considerably less coverage ? That's the way it should be; but the lowered expectations on the team this year, due to, among other things, last years choke job, when they were supposed to go 162-0 and of course, win the World Series, are a big reason why there's no hype.

SoxxoS
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
The good news, however, is he broke bread for all his teammates after the game.

SomebodyToldMe
04-07-2005, 10:49 PM

Post of the week!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

crector
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Final Score:

Albuquerque 7
Iowa Cubs 5

Been listening to the game on the KXNO AM 1460 Des Moines internet radio.

Stats:

Prior: 87 pitches (55 strikes)
11 hits
2 back to back walks

All 7 runs were Earned making for an awful ERA.

They had Prior on after the game and made it sound like its a done deal that he's going back to Chicago to pitch for the Cubs. That sounds like fun.....for the other team.

batmanZoSo
04-07-2005, 11:53 PM

Good stuff...

This just in, Prior of Nazareth currently leads the minors with 12 conversions and 2 miracles.

Wsoxmike59
04-08-2005, 05:41 AM
He's opening for their AAA club Iowa against the Albuquerque Isotopes.

You mean the Isotopes left Springfield!!?? Oh God No!!! Boo hoo hoo hoo!! :whiner:

That's it, I'm going on a hunger strike!!! Homer S.

DrCrawdad
04-08-2005, 06:19 AM
You mean the Isotopes left Springfield!!?? Oh God No!!! Boo hoo hoo hoo!! :whiner:

That's it, I'm going on a hunger strike!!! Homer S.

I think Flanders had a couple hits off Prior last night.

TommyJohn
04-08-2005, 08:07 AM

Did he wash their feet, too?

Palehose13
04-08-2005, 08:18 AM
I think Flanders had a couple hits off Prior last night.

Flanders wouldn't allow himself to get a hit off of the messiah. But I heard Barney had a few RBI's. :wink: