PDA

View Full Version : Blame me ( I said three bad words )

Fenway
04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
I said to my friend "Shingo is shaky but is one strike away"

voodoochile
04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
No, I know who I am blaming...

Their initials are

HS

and

NS...

I won't say more. If they read this thread, they will know who they are.

jabrch
04-07-2005, 07:32 PM
No, I know who I am blaming...

Their initials are

HS

and

NS...

I won't say more. If they read this thread, they will know who they are.

Well, I blame one person. His initials are ST.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I JUST GOT done arguing with a Cubs fan at work. He told me the league would catch up to Shingo and I pointed out Shingo had a good September and he'd be fine. Then the three bombs. I HATE looking bad to a Cub fan, but at least it is very, very rare it happens. "It's a long drive, back...back.....ShingoNE!" :whiner:

Fenway
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I hate to say this but I felt like I was in Stade Olympique this afternoon. The park was EMPTY

ChicagoHoosier
04-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I think I'm part to blame as well. I mentioned it in the post game thread, but I started taunting my Cleveland-fan friend on IM as the 9th inning started with a series of GONGS and then had to endure the humiliation of the blown save.

I shall never taunt again until the fat lady has sung.

:(:

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-07-2005, 07:57 PM
I think I'm part to blame as well. I mentioned it in the post game thread, but I started taunting my Cleveland-fan friend on IM as the 9th inning started with a series of GONGS and then had to endure the humiliation of the blown save.

ouch. I think every sox fan out there didnt see this coming. I starting cheering around school and when i came home i found out the indians won. Boy do i feel like a jag. :(:

Lip Man 1
04-07-2005, 08:12 PM
If as some have assumed 'that the league has caught up with Takatsu,' then perhaps Ozzie should consider if there is any truth to it, of limiting his appearances (i.e. one per series unless absolutely necessary.)

If this year's bullpen is as good as some say it is or as deep as some say it is then why use him two or three times in the same series when hitters have had a chance to look as his funky pitches?

I have no idea if the league has caught up to him or not, only time will tell, I'm simply saying if you have an unusual bizarre type pitch (which he does) then it doesn't need to be exposed unnecessarily. (like Thursday afternoon for example...)

Lip

mjmcend
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
If as some have assumed 'that the league has caught up with Takatsu,' then perhaps Ozzie should consider if there is any truth to it, of limiting his appearances (i.e. one per series unless absolutely necessary.)

If this year's bullpen is as good as some say it is or as deep as some say it is then why use him two or three times in the same series when hitters have had a chance to look as his funky pitches?

I have no idea if the league has caught up to him or not, only time will tell, I'm simply saying if you have an unusual bizarre type pitch (which he does) then it doesn't need to be exposed unnecessarily. (like Thursday afternoon for example...)

Lip

I agree completely. Over the offseason the one thing I wanted most (besides the 5th starter) was another person with whom I would feel comfortable closing games. I feel as if we got 2 which brings the grand total to 4 (Hermanson, Marte, Vizcaino, and Shingo). I know two of those options were gone by the time the ninth rolled around, but in the future I wouldn't mind one but if one of those four pitchers were brought in for cheap (3 run lead, no one on) saves in order to allow Shingo to rest or not to overexpose him to the league. Save him for the one run tight situations such as opening day, where he excelled.

TommyJohn
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I hate to say this but I felt like I was in Stade Olympique this afternoon. The park was EMPTY

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/65115568261_468.jpg?ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&outquality=90 (http://javascript<b></b>:viewLarge('/guest/view/large.do;jsessionid=aY5sEFS1gD0-?machineid=wmtp008&elementID=65115568261&invite=NEXPYL2R2YY5G73h0Ur0');)

fenway, give it a ****ing rest, will you? Geez. Are you Jay Mariotti in disguise?

mdep524
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I agree completely. Over the offseason the one thing I wanted most (besides the 5th starter) was another person with whom I would feel comfortable closing games. I feel as if we got 2 which brings the grand total to 4 (Hermanson, Marte, Vizcaino, and Shingo). I know two of those options were gone by the time the ninth rolled around, but in the future I wouldn't mind one but if one of those four pitchers were brought in for cheap (3 run lead, no one on) saves in order to allow Shingo to rest or not to overexpose him to the league. Save him for the one run tight situations such as opening day, where he excelled. I was thinking the same thing. In my book, Shingo is the still the man. But that doesn't mean he *has* to be brought in to every 9th inning to stroke his ego or inflate his stats or ensure a win. These other guys could come in when up 3 runs to close a game, keeping Shingo fresh and still somewhat of a mystery to other teams.

SomebodyToldMe
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I blame the ump for blowing that one pitch. That was strike three, dammit.

Fenway
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
fenway, give it a ****ing rest, will you? Geez. Are you Jay Mariotti in disguise?

unlike Jay (assuming if he was even there ) I was sitting freezing with everybody else

SluggersAway
04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
If the chat room has any magical powers on the Sox then blame Soxzilla (though I highly doubt it, he did call it).

Seriously though, I would blame Ozzie for not leaving Hermanson in to finish the job, and then not taking Shingo out after giving up 2 HR's, and then Shingo for giving up the third HR and final dagger in the heart.

chisoxmike
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM

Hey man some of us cant blow off school and work, its a April afternoon game, they dont and will never sell.

balke
04-08-2005, 01:14 AM
I was at this game. Apparently it was pick your own row night.

It seemed so routine that we'd go to Politte when we did in the 7th (JC near 100 pitches), then tap the bullpen up to Shingo for the save.... I can't even say we should've done something different. Maybe go to Hermansen sooner so we didn't waste Marte? That was probably the better move.

Where was Cotts though? I know he pitched yesterday... but he looked GOOD yesterday. I miss having that extra reliever too (obviously). I smell trade after this fiasco. We might be losing Willie afterall. I think he's very valuable off the bench too, that would suck if he gawn to make room for Adikins or Walker.

Great Outing by Jose Contreres. Instead of the sweep and 3 great Wins by our starters, I had to come home to ESPN talking about how good the Indians are cause they finally started hitting. *****.

Bias
04-08-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't know if the Indians caught up to Singo, but if you see the replays of the last two HR (didn't see the first HR) a lot of guys would've turned on those pitches. They were meat!

The one Belliard hit was about waist high right down the heart of the plate. Obviously he's got to make better pitches.

Bad loss, but if you think about it they should've lost Wed. Not saying it's ok to lose like that or that I'll trade a comeback for a blown save. Just pointing out 2-1 is better than 1-2.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-08-2005, 09:58 AM
If the chat room has any magical powers on the Sox then blame Soxzilla (though I highly doubt it, he did call it).

Seriously though, I would blame Ozzie for not leaving Hermanson in to finish the job, and then not taking Shingo out after giving up 2 HR's, and then Shingo for giving up the third HR and final dagger in the heart.

It's April 7th, let's not blow our closers confidence already with a mid-inning hook. He got two outs, it's not like everyone lit him up. It's April 7th, see if he can get out of it and get some feel good out of it all (yea-yea I know the games count in April too, but it's a long season!)

SOX ADDICT '73
04-08-2005, 10:25 AM

You are all absolved. This was my fault. On Wednesday, I finished working with enough time to make it home and catch the last inning. Instead, I stayed in my classroom with the radio on, checking the computer (alternating between Gameday and WSI) for updates. After that amazing comeback, I didn't want to jinx them, and decided to repeat my routine on Thursday. With the Sox up 5-2, a small voice in the back of my mind said, "But what if yesterday's routine didn't ensure a Sox victory, just a ninth-inning comeback?" "Bah," I said, ignoring the voice. And we all know what happened next. Sorry, guys.

DaleJRFan
04-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey man some of us cant blow off school and work, its a April afternoon game, they dont and will never sell.

I was baffled as to how the third game of the year against a division rival could be so empty! I froze for 3 innings on the first base side, so I moved to the outfield and enjoyed the sun.... until I watch Casey Blake's 450 foot monster fly over my head.

Tekijawa
04-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I JUST GOT done arguing with a Cubs fan at work. He told me the league would catch up to Shingo and I pointed out Shingo had a good September and he'd be fine. Then the three bombs. I HATE looking bad to a Cub fan, but at least it is very, very rare it happens. "It's a long drive, back...back.....ShingoNE!" :whiner:

Just ask him how long before the league catches up with Mark Prior... then tell him your guess would be June at the earliest!

DaleJRFan
04-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Just ask him how long before the league catches up with Mark Prior... then tell him your guess would be June at the earliest!

I think we all know that after yesterday's "rehab" start that the minors have caught up with him...

Bias
04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Dude I love that picture with the target, however I wouldn't truly want Hunter to get hit in the head. I'd rather he'd break his face on the outfield wall or something. lol

I do want the Sox to drill somebody (prefarbaly Hunter) tonight. My friend says they should wait 'til the Twins do something and then "overreact" to it and let them know the Sox won't stand for it THIS year.

I say why wait and give them a free shot again, PUT THEM ON NOTICE!! Let them know "WE AINT HAVIN' IT!"

Tekijawa
04-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I say why wait and give them a free shot again, PUT THEM ON NOTICE!! Let them know "WE AINT HAVIN' IT!"

Jon Garland is going against them... That should send them the message!

JKryl
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM

Well, it took me over an hour to get out of the parking lot on opening day. Sometimes, fewer is better.

StillMissOzzie
04-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I froze for 3 innings on the first base side, so I moved to the outfield and enjoyed the sun...

Like you said, you froze your ass off. Not a great day for walk-up sales, IMHO.

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I JUST GOT done arguing with a Cubs fan at work. He told me the league would catch up to Shingo and I pointed out Shingo had a good September and he'd be fine. Then the three bombs. I HATE looking bad to a Cub fan, but at least it is very, very rare it happens. "It's a long drive, back...back.....ShingoNE!" :whiner:A CUBS fan ragging you about the closer? ***** Just mention LaTroy Horking.

DaleJRFan
04-08-2005, 05:12 PM
A CUBS fan ragging you about the closer? ***** Just mention LaTroy Horking.

Speaking of LaToya, he just blew a save today.

I want Mags back
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, I blame one person. His initials are ST.

or possibly OG, no, its ST

I also blame my Mom. Whenever that ****ing Cubs fan turns it on, they blow it