PDA

View Full Version : Normal Service has Been Resumed...

SoxEd
04-07-2005, 07:11 PM
... and Man, am I glad baseball is back...

Even though the Sox lost a shocker toinight, and we've seen the usual outbreak of paranoid doom-merchant posts, I'm happy, and full of the joys of Spring.

WSI is full of people again, and we have actual baseball games to talk about, not just the phooey on which we subsist during the winter.

Hello, hello, it's good to be back, good to be back...

:cool:

On a personal-bonus note for me, this week's Free-to-Air MLB game on UK TV is the Sox@Twinks on Sunday night (we get ESPN's coverage shown on Five).
Downside is that it'll start at 1am UK time, so I'll be taping it and watching when I get home Monday night.

ChiSox14305635
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Agreed. :bandance:

OzzieBall
04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I was in London last summer visiting a friend and I was very jet-lagged. It was about 1am and couldn't sleep for the life of me, so I put the tele on, and boy was I surprized to see the Sox playing the Mariners. Was quite a riot watching the game in London, but thought it was quite cool that I was able to.

I wouldnt mind being the guy that flys to london to do that game every week. seems like a pretty sweet gig to me.

PAPChiSox729
04-07-2005, 09:43 PM

Even though the Sox lost a shocker toinight, and we've seen the usual outbreak of paranoid doom-merchant posts, I'm happy, and full of the joys of Spring.

WSI is full of people again, and we have actual baseball games to talk about, not just the phooey on which we subsist during the winter.

:cool:

I agree. I joined in the winter, and I was surprised how much WSI has sprang to life ever since the season started.

batmanZoSo
04-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I agree. I joined in the winter, and I was surprised how much WSI has sprang to life ever since the season started.

Tell me about it. Can't beat this site during the season. Over the winter I found myself bypassing this forum and going straight to the parking lot so as to avoid all the ridiculous rumor and Magglio threads.

BRDSR
04-08-2005, 01:08 AM

Are you kidding!? I don't even want to watch baseball if the Sox are going to play like they played today! I'd rather gouge my eyes out with dull rusty spoons then sit through another game like today! A bad day at the ball park sure as hell DOES NOT beat a good day at the office. It doesn't even beat a bad day at the office! After today's game I'm pretty sure I'll be selling my 27 game plan for half face value so if anyone's interested, PM me! God, I just want to vomit!

Note: Please notice the teal. My tickets are NOT for sale. Don't PM me. I can't wait till April 16th in section 103 row 2 for White Sox/Mariners. A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at the office(or the classroom in my case). Go Sox.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-08-2005, 01:44 AM
agreed now we can all resume making fun of joe crede, jon garland

Jurr
04-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Yup. There's no better group of fans than the ones that come together on this board. It's great to be a part of this fan base.

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Unbelievably, the sun did come up this morning and the sky is still blue. One loss does not mean the end of the season. I'm pretty sure 161-1 will still win the division. What the baseball gods give with one hand, they take away with the other. In two days they won one they should have lost and lost one they should have won. Whaddya know? It all evens out. It was a heartbreaker, but it's not the first and won't be the last.

Let's go spank some Twinkie butt.