PDA

View Full Version : Silvy and Carmen interview with JR to be replayed at 6:00

Clement's beard
04-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I did not hear it myself. Should be good listening.

spongyfungy
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
quick offtopic q, did Scott Skiles come on today after the Sox game?

Clement's beard
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
WOW! That guys needs a few more layers of skin.

Hangar18
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I listened to the Interview, and I will say this.
I will actually side with Uncle Jerry on this one, a little too much
Bulls talk. However, he seemed to have a very shortfuse, and seemed
as if he were already having a bad day.
He got very Arrogant towards the hosts, and told them he was tired
of the line of questioning, to which the hosts moved on.
When Uncle Jer was the most surprising thing about this season,
Uncle Jer said the most surprising was the tone of the interview.
The hosts tried to defend themselves, but Uncle Jer came across
Very much like a jerk in the end. After a couple of other comments
about the SOX and Bulls, They thanked Jerry for his time, and
Uncle Jerry sarcastically then said he hoped they enjoyed it, interview
was under false pretenses, and that it would be the last time they
would get to "bite the apple", hahaha.

Again, There did seem to be too much talk about the Bulls and not the SOX,
which I HOPE was what Uncle Jerry was mad about .........
Still, he managed to make himself look like the bad guy again. He needs
help in interviews .......... hes a very abrasive person

spongyfungy
04-07-2005, 07:37 PM
In case anyone missed it

Here's the replay of the replay 4.65mb 11:37min (http://home.comcast.net/%7Espongy83/jerry.mp3)

Kogs35
04-07-2005, 07:52 PM
uncle jerry doesnt respect the younger corwd of the media. the only radio guy he loves is north.remeber when wimpy left north was up for the analyst job dj has now?

soltrain21
04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Sounds like Jerry was led on. He thought it was going to be a lighthearted interview, and it was everything but that.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Jerry was right. When he said "I thought we were going to talk about Opening Day" he was GIVING THEM THE OPPORTUNITY to get on track. They then proceeded on their line of Bulls questioning! You can say fine, they can do that. OK, then fine Jerry can do what he did. I give him credit for finishing the interview like a gentleman and just not hanging up. I would have. (I can't believe I just defended JR on anything!!!!)

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
quick offtopic q, did Scott Skiles come on today after the Sox game?

No, because the game went into extra innings.

Wsoxmike59
04-07-2005, 08:31 PM
In case anyone missed it

Here's the replay of the replay 4.65mb 11:37min (http://home.comcast.net/%7Espongy83/jerry.mp3)

Thanks for posting spongy, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It seemed J.R. was a little "testy" and did have a short fuse toward the end of the interview. Maybe he's subliminally looking for a reason to move the Sox/Bulls off AM 1000 and over the SCORE 670.

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
I heard the replay today. What a jerk. I did like what JR said about Boras though. In Greenstein's column in the Cubune yesterday he said that JR will always answer these kinds of questions with North.

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 10:24 PM
uncle jerry doesnt respect the younger corwd of the media. the only radio guy he loves is north.remeber when wimpy left north was up for the analyst job dj has now?

We should be very, very thankful we have DJ instead of North.

Erik The Red
04-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Jesus, JR was really a crybaby there. Unless of course there was an understanding beforehand that they were not to talk about anything but the Sox and baseball, and anything but that would upset him. I mean, they spent the vast majority talking baseball, and he gave some very informative answers. Don't know what it was that touched a nerve, but he overreacted.

Ol' No. 2
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I listened to the Interview, and I will say this.
I will actually side with Uncle Jerry on this one, a little too much
Bulls talk. However, he seemed to have a very shortfuse, and seemed
as if he were already having a bad day.
He got very Arrogant towards the hosts, and told them he was tired
of the line of questioning, to which the hosts moved on.
When Uncle Jer was the most surprising thing about this season,
Uncle Jer said the most surprising was the tone of the interview.
The hosts tried to defend themselves, but Uncle Jer came across
Very much like a jerk in the end. After a couple of other comments
about the SOX and Bulls, They thanked Jerry for his time, and
Uncle Jerry sarcastically then said he hoped they enjoyed it, interview
was under false pretenses, and that it would be the last time they
would get to "bite the apple", hahaha.

Again, There did seem to be too much talk about the Bulls and not the SOX,
which I HOPE was what Uncle Jerry was mad about .........
Still, he managed to make himself look like the bad guy again. He needs
help in interviews .......... hes a very abrasive personSiding with Uncle Jerry??? Henry, are you feeling OK? Maybe you should lie down for a while.:wink:

Granted, Reinsy didn't handle things as well as he could, but this is an interview with the Chairman of the White Sox on opening day in the program leading up to the game. Is it so unreasonable for him to have assumed they would be talking baseball? MJH counted the questions. There were 18. Only ONE (the first) had ANYTHING to do with the current team. I wasn't expecting a fluff interview, but you'd think they would have more than ONE question about the current team. IMO, S&C just got a little too full of themselves and decided they were going to do a sensational interview and forgot what they were there for.

Palehose13
04-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Siding with Uncle Jerry??? Henry, are you feeling OK? Maybe you should lie down for a while.:wink:

Granted, Reinsy didn't handle things as well as he could, but this is an interview with the Chairman of the White Sox on opening day in the program leading up to the game. Is it so unreasonable for him to have assumed they would be talking baseball? MJH counted the questions. There were 18. Only ONE (the first) had ANYTHING to do with the current team. I wasn't expecting a fluff interview, but you'd think they would have more than ONE question about the current team. IMO, S&C just got a little too full of themselves and decided they were going to do a sensational interview and forgot what they were there for.

These are my thoughts exactly. I heard the interview the first time and was like "Why are they asking these questions?" before JR got pissy.

MARTINMVP
04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks for supplying the interview audio.

There could have been more questions about opening day and talking about the current team and the division.

But at the same time, JR would answer a question and they easily sparked further questioning.

Put it this way... what were Silvy and Carmen suppose to do?

Oh Mr. Reinsdorf your team is a different team this year and have a good chance to win the AL Central. You have a great team. Blah blah blah blah.

Fungo
04-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Siding with Uncle Jerry??? Henry, are you feeling OK? Maybe you should lie down for a while.:wink:

Very good assesment. It was also obvious to me that it was mainly Silvy who JR was most upset with and I can't say that I blame him. What a whiny tool.

wdelaney72
04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
This is the first I listened to the interview. While Jerry may have over-reacted, this is CLEARLY not an appropriate interview for opening day. One question about the new team and then it's on to beating a dead horse.

C & S should have known better. I expect better from Carmen.