PDA

View Full Version : mlb.tv... best thing since the wheel

jake27
04-07-2005, 01:40 PM
i decided what the hck why not and got it for one month. it is amazing! i suggest yall to get it, especially if you are out of the white sox market. not only can i see all the white sox games, but any game. i have found that it is already takingup a ton of time. i just really like checking in on other teams, who i have on my fantasy, etc.

Irishsoxfan
04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I just got it this year and I agree, the best thing ever. Of course I am out of market and am having the time of my life watching all Sox games live.

HR just now for AJ! wahoo!!

voodoochile
04-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I just got it this year and I agree, the best thing ever. Of course I am out of market and am having the time of my life watching all Sox games live.

HR just now for AJ! wahoo!!

Wahoo? :?:

Woohoo!:D:

And that applies to MLB.TV too. Last year I had a horrible internet connection and the games were slow and balky. This year with DSL, I am basically live and loving every minute of it. If I can just get my chat program working, I am going to be having some serious fun...

Heck, I already am...

Irishsoxfan
04-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Wahoo? :?:

Woohoo!:D:

I was typing as he hit it, no time to worry about my girlie type cheer.

Chisox_cali
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
This is the first year I've had trouble with MLB.TV. I have a DSL connection, but the game is freezing every 10 seconds or so, so basically the pitcher winds up and right before he releases it freezes, then I hear the crack of the bat and then have to wait for the announcer to say something so I know what the hell just happened. It's not buffering, just choppy and freezing for 2 seconds every 10 seconds. I know if I called MLB for tech support they'd just say something was wrong with my connection or something, and wouldn't help me at all.

Damn you Charter Communications for denying the people in Burbank the chance to order the MLB Package. You offer it to the people in the f'n 909, but not here? Do they evern get color TV in the Valley of the Dirt? (You'd have to live here to get that comment)

OKay I'm done ranting:smile:

depy48
04-07-2005, 03:19 PM
i'm using the mlb radio.... heck $15 for the entire season!!!!
anyways, it is sweet too, it's very comforting to hear rooney and farmer while in ohio at college.

Irishsoxfan
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I've got a cable modem and haven't had a problem yet. Occassionally freezes but I'm using a wireless connection so that's acceptable.

MadCitySoxFan
04-07-2005, 05:56 PM
This is the first year I've had trouble with MLB.TV. I have a DSL connection, but the game is freezing every 10 seconds or so, so basically the pitcher winds up and right before he releases it freezes, then I hear the crack of the bat and then have to wait for the announcer to say something so I know what the hell just happened. It's not buffering, just choppy and freezing for 2 seconds every 10 seconds. I know if I called MLB for tech support they'd just say something was wrong with my connection or something, and wouldn't help me at all.

Damn you Charter Communications for denying the people in Burbank the chance to order the MLB Package. You offer it to the people in the f'n 909, but not here? Do they evern get color TV in the Valley of the Dirt? (You'd have to live here to get that comment)

OKay I'm done ranting:smile:

I was having this freezing problem as well today. I changed the viewer from Windows Media Player to Real Player (under Preferences) and I haven't had any problems since. So, try streaming it via Real Player and see if that helps. The picture is also clearer when I output it to my tv when it's streamed on Real Player. Too bad the Sox have ruined the second half of my afternoon by giving up a 3 run lead in the 9th.

voodoochile
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
I was having this freezing problem as well today. I changed the viewer from Windows Media Player to Real Player (under Preferences) and I haven't had any problems since. So, try streaming it via Real Player and see if that helps. The picture is also clearer when I output it to my tv when it's streamed on Real Player. Too bad the Sox have ruined the second half of my afternoon by giving up a 3 run lead in the 9th.

The Mozilla browser seems to help also. IE seems jerkier when I try them both this season. Unfortunately, Mozilla does not allow the full screen option that I can find, so the picture is smaller, but it's right on time.

batmanZoSo
04-07-2005, 06:23 PM
The Mozilla browser seems to help also. IE seems jerkier when I try them both this season. Unfortunately, Mozilla does not allow the full screen option that I can find, so the picture is smaller, but it's right on time.

Now you can call games in chat and you won't be messed up by the TV watchers.

voodoochile
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Now you can call games in chat and you won't be messed up by the TV watchers.

Yeah, but I once again downloaded the Java chat client and for whatever reason my computer does NOT like it. Now I have to do a rollback because i don't want to unintentionally want to uninstall some aspects of Java clent that I need. My IE worked for chat last year when I was watching the games, but this year with Mozilla, things are goofy. I'll get it figured out eventually...

FarWestChicago
04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I was having this freezing problem as well today. I changed the viewer from Windows Media Player to Real Player (under Preferences) and I haven't had any problems since. So, try streaming it via Real Player and see if that helps. The picture is also clearer when I output it to my tv when it's streamed on Real Player.Thanks for the tip. Real Player works waaayyyyy better than Windows Media Player. :thumbsup:

jake27
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
mine kind of froze a few times today too. i would hear the sound but the picture was jumpy. i just clicke don the game i wanted to watch and it reloaded and it was fine.

MadCitySoxFan
04-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. Real Player works waaayyyyy better than Windows Media Player. :thumbsup:

You can also scale the Real Player window to any size between the small initial screen or full screen which is kind of nice if you have a big enough monitor. So, you could have half of the screen showing the game and the other half showing your "work" (such as reading WSI). Just click on the little icon that pops up on the small window to play the game in Real Player mode or Real Player theatre mode.

Chisox_cali
04-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try tomorrow

FarWestChicago
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
You can also scale the Real Player window to any size between the small initial screen or full screen which is kind of nice if you have a big enough monitor. So, you could have half of the screen showing the game and the other half showing your "work" (such as reading WSI). Just click on the little icon that pops up on the small window to play the game in Real Player mode or Real Player theatre mode.Very nice, indeed. :cool:

voodoochile
04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
You can also scale the Real Player window to any size between the small initial screen or full screen which is kind of nice if you have a big enough monitor. So, you could have half of the screen showing the game and the other half showing your "work" (such as reading WSI). Just click on the little icon that pops up on the small window to play the game in Real Player mode or Real Player theatre mode.

I really want to say thank you. I honestly had no idea how cool this could be. Real ROCKS and I even have chat access. I am SOO happy. I mean really. Thank you thank you thank you...

CLR01
04-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the tip. Real Player works waaayyyyy better than Windows Media Player. :thumbsup:

This is a tip to you? Some techno geek you are. You should know by now that 90% of Microsoft products suck. :rolleyes: :smile: :smile:

doublem23
04-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Anybody know how big the Sox market is? In Peoria, I get games on WGN Superstation and Comcast, but games like tonight, on WCIU, I don't, and since I'll be hear all summer, I'd be more than willing to give it a go if I could get the Sox games.

Chisox_cali
04-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Real is definately the way to go. No skipping at all.:cool: