PDA

View Full Version : Chip AND Stone on WSCR

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Chip and Stone were just on with Mike North (April7). Here are the hi-lights:

Chip Carey said it's about time Kerry Wood step up this year and live up to all those press clippings. The name of the game isn't to dominate with strikeout numbers, it's to win games. Does he want to be the guy known for strikeouts or wins?

The players need to quit moaning about umpires and everything, it was a THREE RING CIRCUS. It's time for the excuses to stop. (I love the Circus analogy, especially since most people at Wrigley are ass-clowns).

Stone also said last years results were because of the phenomenal expectations the team felt (so he basically called them CHOKERS nicely)!

Tragg
04-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I would add that this year the scheduler did them no favors. With a new team to a large exten and those high expectations, it puts way too much pressure on them to have to open with a high-caliber team like the diamondbacks.

kittle42
04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Mike Murphy mentioned last night that Santo, on the previous night's broadcast, had said something in the 9th that the players last year would have moaned about had Stone or Caray said it, but I missed what it was. Anyone catch this?

PatK
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
The fact that Chip actually had something negative to say shows you how controlling the Tribune Corp. must be.

I can only think of a couple of instances where Chip actually had something negative to say about the Cubs during his tenure with them. He was such a kissass that it was untolerable to listen to him. That, and the fact that he called routing plays like they were the "Catch of the Week" and he used every tired cliche in the book.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Mike Murphy mentioned last night that Santo, on the previous night's broadcast, had said something in the 9th that the players last year would have moaned about had Stone or Caray said it, but I missed what it was. Anyone catch this?

I THINK he was calling for a stolen base in a specific situation, and how Dusty isn't aggressive enough when the situation calls for a steal.

Irishsox1
04-07-2005, 12:01 PM
The Flubs have only played 3 games this year and Zambrano's already been kicked out of a game and Michael Barrett tried to get in a fight with Troy Glaus. Clearly Dusty Baker can't control his team. For years the Cubs were totally wimps, now their a bunch spazes, except Derek Lee. He's the only decent player.

SoxSpeed22
04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I would add that this year the scheduler did them no favors. With a new team to a large exten and those high expectations, it puts way too much pressure on them to have to open with a high-caliber team like the diamondbacks.This is a job for
:tealpolice:
Nothing has changed since last year. The Cubs are still as whiny as ever and all we can do is watch and occasionally laugh.

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Is Chip doing TV or radio in Atlanta? I watched a couple innings of the Braves game on TBS monday and he wasn't there.

OG4LIFE
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
The Flubs have only played 3 games this year and Zambrano's already been kicked out of a game and Michael Barrett tried to get in a fight with Troy Glaus. Clearly Dusty Baker can't control his team. For years the Cubs were totally wimps, now their a bunch spazes, except Derek Lee. He's the only decent player.

what happened with barrett picking a fight with glaus? i didnt see anything in the box score or the news and notes...

EDIT: nm, found it in another thread

illinibk
04-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Here is a brief writeup (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050407teddy,1,2565300.column?coll=cs-home-utility) from Teddy Greenstein about Stone and Caray on the Score this morning.

Most of the guys I thought we got along with, but there were a few that we didn't. One (Moises Alou) left the ballgame (Wednesday) with a calf injury. But when you're 70, that stuff happens.
Priceless. Nice dig Chip.