PDA

View Full Version : Willie's Bunt....

MtEverett
04-07-2005, 01:49 AM
...was a thing of beauty, nice to see him contribute. Where was that last year? I wouldnt be surprised to see him at second tomorrow. Ozz may give the Gooch the day off; I see him playing all the games in minny on the turf.
:weewillie peapod

jabrch
04-07-2005, 01:56 AM
...was a thing of beauty, nice to see him contribute. Where was that last year? I wouldnt be surprised to see him at second tomorrow. Ozz may give the Gooch the day off; I see him playing all the games in minny on the turf.
:weewillie peapod

Cliff Lee (lefty) is going today for the Tribe. I would be VERY surprised if Ozzie chose to play Willie vs Lee instead of Iguchi. Friday at the Homerdome vs Lhose would be much more reasonable.

Vernam
04-07-2005, 01:57 AM
I couldn't agree more. If Willie can keep bunting like that, it means he got Ozzie's message loud and clear. It's beyond me how a little, fast player like him could reach the Bigs without learning to steal OR bunt. But those are skills that are easily learned, so here's hoping he figured out there aren't many utility players with long careers who don't know the fundamentals.

VC

MtEverett
04-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Cliff Lee (lefty) is going today for the Tribe. I would be VERY surprised if Ozzie chose to play Willie vs Lee instead of Iguchi. Friday at the Homerdome vs Lhose would be much more reasonable.

hear ya, forgot the big goofy lefty was throwing today.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/424324.jpg (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=4 24324&statType=2)"my first half last year was an enigma"

batting practice begins at 1:15 pm 4/7/05

Iguana775
04-07-2005, 07:33 AM
so he made a good bunt? that's what he is supposed to do as a BENCH player. Iguchi is the starting 2B.

Kuzman
04-07-2005, 07:43 AM
so he made a good bunt? that's what he is supposed to do as a BENCH player. Iguchi is the starting 2B.

Thank You.

Keep Willie on the bench rather see him be clutch then him playing every day. Give Iguchi some time, its only his 2nd big league game and he got his first hit yesterday, huge double.

jake27
04-07-2005, 07:44 AM

couldnt have said it any better myself. if gooch struggles, putting willie in a bit wont help... but not yet

mikehuff
04-07-2005, 07:55 AM
My God! A successful White Sox bunt! I can't beleve it! And from one of the old guys too!

I was so excited about that news. That alone give me so much confidence for the year and I'm sure that really boosted Willie's confidence in himself. I never had faith in Harris as a starter, but I still like the guy. I think he is real valuable from the bench. He's great to have there. Who knows, maybe he'll turn into the next Tony G.

Church Turtle
04-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Beautiful bunt! But the 2nd job is Gooch's to lose.

(Oh, and our SOX are 2-0!)

wdelaney72
04-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I see him playing all the games in minny on the turf.

Uhh, the astro turf was ripped out of the Twinkie dome prior to last season. The new stuff is like grass. Many football players have stated that it's even softer than grass.

Gooch's turf experience will come in no use. No MLB teams use astroturf anymore... not even the Blue Jays.

kevingrt
04-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Willie hopefully as well as bunting has learned how to steal bases. If he can move from first to second better then he did last year Willie can be a very, very effective player off our bench. And I would love it.

bafiarocks03
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Maybe Willie will be playing more!! please please please!!!!:D:

Nellie_Fox
04-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Learning to steal is not easy, regardless of speed. How many of the older WSI faithful remember Harold's young days, when he had really good speed, and they tried to teach him to steal? What a disaster that was.

FarWestChicago
04-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Learning to steal is not easy, regardless of speed. How many of the older WSI faithful remember Harold's young days, when he had really good speed, and they tried to teach him to steal? What a disaster that was.LOL, remember when Charlie Finley had that guy on the A's who was the World Record holder in the 60 meter dash. He never could steal. :D:

Nellie_Fox
04-08-2005, 12:35 AM
LOL, remember when Charlie Finley had that guy on the A's who was the World Record holder in the 60 meter dash. He never could steal. :D:Yeah, and Finley was campaigning for a "designated runner" rule.

FarWestChicago
04-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, and Finley was campaigning for a "designated runner" rule.Oh yeah. Man that guy was fast. Still couldn't steal. :D:

Lip Man 1
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
The runner in question was Herb Washington. In the 1974 series he was put in as a pinch runner and was promptly picked off by Mike Marshall.

Lip