PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano nickname(s)?

DumpJerry
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok, we need a new nickname for our roster of distinguished nicknames (i.e., Balsa Wood, The Messiah, Rusty Dusty, etc.)

This is for the Flubs' number one pitcher, Carlos Zambrano. I nominate the nickname "Tropicana" for him. Why? Because he has a total lack of tact, charm and diplomacy with MLB umpires and they will squeeze him like an orange. By June 1st I predict his strike zone will measure 4 inches wide and 5 inches from top to bottom.

Sucka!

SomebodyToldMe
04-07-2005, 12:11 AM
The ones I have for him cannot be repeated on this message board.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-07-2005, 12:21 AM
May I suggest "Careless Lame-braino"?

Between Zambrano's antics on Monday, and Barrett shoving down Troy Glaus right in front of the home plate umpire today (after a totally legit slide), the sCrUBS are going to find themselves marked men before long.

I thought they got rid of all their "problem children" this offseason?

DumpJerry
04-07-2005, 12:26 AM

Between Zambrano's antics on Monday, and Barrett shoving down Troy Glaus right in front of the home plate umpire today (after a totally legit slide), the sCrUBS are going to find themselves marked men before long.

The current crew had excellent teachers. The best in the business.

Shorty1983
04-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Ok, we need a new nickname for our roster of distinguished nicknames (i.e., Balsa Wood, The Messiah, Rusty Dusty, etc.)

This is for the Flubs' number one pitcher, Carlos Zambrano. I nominate the nickname "Tropicana" for him. Why? Because he has a total lack of tact, charm and diplomacy with MLB umpires and they will squeeze him like an orange. By June 1st I predict his strike zone will measure 4 inches wide and 5 inches from top to bottom.

Sucka!

:) Tropicana it is, alternative "Wacko Zambrano".

Fake Chet Lemon
04-08-2005, 10:04 AM

I second the motion

Mickster
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I refer to him as the "Mental Midget". :)

Vestigio
04-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Tropicana isnt bad...

SOXSINCE'70
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM

Sadly,I can say the same.But if I had to give him a clean
nickname,"Doofy" (short for dufus) would do well.

(And yes,I know "Doofy" was a charcter in "Scary Movie" 1.Thank you).

hose
04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Zambrano is meat head

LaToya Hawkins is turkey neck

Unregistered
04-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I refer to him as the "Mental Midget". :)I go with the more subtle "Dumbrano." :cool:

Irishsox1
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Spaz

eastchicagosoxfan
04-09-2005, 06:51 AM

Absolutely brilliant!!!

DumpJerry
04-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm thinking a graduate student in industrial psychology might want to spend time in the Flubs' clubhouse. What is in the drinking water there that produces so many self-centered players who only care about themselves and not the team? An extended study can examine why Flub fans are so supportive of Zambrano's stupidity on Opening Day by risking a suspension with Prior on the DL and Wood almost on the DL.

Sick puppies, real sick......is it any wonder why it is so difficult to be a true fan of the Sox and Flubs?

Fredsox
04-09-2005, 08:50 AM
How about Whack-job?:kukoo:

Banix12
04-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Zambrano is meat head

Well if he's a meat head, how about something like "Hambrano" or "Ham-braino". If he could pack on a few more pounds it would really be fitting. He is very pig-headed.

dcb33
04-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Well if he's a meat head, how about something like "Hambrano" or "Ham-braino". If he could pack on a few more pounds it would really be fitting. He is very pig-headed.

How about "No-braino"?

StillMissOzzie
04-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll stick with the thread I already started...

Nuke LaLoosh

SMO
:gulp:

Clement's beard
04-09-2005, 03:21 PM
You can call him a lot of things but one thing you can also call him is the ACE of the Cubs staff. No doubt he is one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL.

Infallible
04-09-2005, 04:14 PM
You can call him a lot of things but one thing you can also call him is the ACE of the Cubs staff. No doubt he is one of the top 5 pitchers in the NL.

BOO!!! BOOO!!!! Lets see how Mr. Top 5 does after Big Blue gets ahold of him for the rest of the year.

DSpivack
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
BOO!!! BOOO!!!! Lets see how Mr. Top 5 does after Big Blue gets ahold of him for the rest of the year.

I hate to say it but I agree with Clement's Beard, well maybe not Top 5, but he is the best pitcher on the Cubs most excellent staff.

Wood is NL Jon Garland, except I think that's an insult to the Pale Hose's 5th starter. Prior had one great year, one decent year, and is injured more than any pitcher I can think of. Maddux was great early in his career. I can't even think of any one else.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Call him what you want I call him a future multiple Cy Young award winner.

He's become the only pitcher on the Northside squad that I respect. He's very emotional, yes, but believe me, if he was on the Sox, all of us would have him as one of our 3 favorite Sox players. Not to mention his jersey would be the most popular Sox jersey out there.

It's cool how last year during the Sox/Cubs series he said that Frank Thomas was one of his favorite players when he was a kid. Maybe in 3 years when Frank is retired and a member of the Sox front office and Zambrano is a free agent, Frank can sway him to the Southside :redneck.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-09-2005, 04:29 PM
I hate to say it but I agree with Clement's Beard, well maybe not Top 5, but he is the best pitcher on the Cubs most excellent staff.

Wood is NL Jon Garland, except I think that's an insult to the Pale Hose's 5th starter. Prior had one great year, one decent year, and is injured more than any pitcher I can think of. Maddux was great early in his career. I can't even think of any one else.

lol, I'm a huge Sox fan, but that comment is just DUMB. I don't care for Wood that much and I probably hate him more times than not because he's a baby, but to say he's the Garland of the NL? Get a clue. Or at least put that stuff in teal.

In the 2003 playoffs, Wood won 2 games in the divisional series against the Braves. He pretty much got them to the NLCS. He may have lost game 7 in the NLCS, but he still was damn good when it mattered, up until that game.

Garland, who isn't THAT bad, is nowhere near Wood.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
You can call him a lot of things but one thing you can also call him is the ACE of the Cubs staff.
That's not really saying much, though.

It'd be the same if Ross Gload boasted that he's the speediest guy to play first base for the White Sox in the last fifteen years.:tongue:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Garland, who isn't THAT bad, is nowhere near Wood.
I went to Baseball Almanac hoping to find some stat that would dispute this, but I couldn't. Wood has a better career winning percentage and ERA, has given up two fewer home runs in 37 more starts, and has almost 800 more strikeouts.

But...

What's more likely to be the case in five years? That Garland is winning 13-15 games for the Sox, or that Wood is doing the same for the sCrUBS? As susceptible as he's been to injury, and considering the way Dusty (mis)handles a pitching staff, Wood's arm will be a linguine noodle before too long. Ditto for Prior, while I'm at it. I can only imagine how annoying this annual saga must be for Cubs fans (no teal - it must really suck to be them!).

ranger_bob
04-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm sure you could call him a lot of things, but when it is all said and done he may be called NL Cy Young winner.

SOXPHILE
04-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll keep it a simple one- "Jackass".

bigfoot
04-09-2005, 09:50 PM
After CZ grabbed his elbow, not once but twice in today's game and his base-running escapade with a "Santo-esque slide", Dusty Toothpicks is fortunate not to call CZ,..... DL-brano.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 12:05 AM

Ok you win. We'll call him ACE-hole.

DSpivack
04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
I went to Baseball Almanac hoping to find some stat that would dispute this, but I couldn't. Wood has a better career winning percentage and ERA, has given up two fewer home runs in 37 more starts, and has almost 800 more strikeouts.

But...

What's more likely to be the case in five years? That Garland is winning 13-15 games for the Sox, or that Wood is doing the same for the sCrUBS? As susceptible as he's been to injury, and considering the way Dusty (mis)handles a pitching staff, Wood's arm will be a linguine noodle before too long. Ditto for Prior, while I'm at it. I can only imagine how annoying this annual saga must be for Cubs fans (no teal - it must really suck to be them!).

Of course Wood has much better stats than Garland, but all Wood has done for his team is win no more than 14 games in a season. Garland has logged 12 wins in each of the last three years. While less talented and a lot worse of a pitcher, Garland is a lot more reliable and a lot healthier. Garland's numbers would also look better in the NL, and Wood's worse in the AL.

Garland just isn't as bad as some people think and Wood just isn't as good many believe.

Stroker Ace
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM

Me too.