PDA

View Full Version : MLB TV Mac users: a little help

brewcrew/chisox
04-07-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm having some trouble with the MLB tv and was wondering if there were any Mac users out there with any advice. I have a powerbook.

I can't get the thing to give me a full picture. When I start a game, the MLB media player comes on and the only option I get at the bottom of the screen is 'preferences'. How the heck do I get out of that little tv screen? I have both Windows media player for Mac and Real One player and I seem to get the same results when I use either option.

The next thing is that if I watch an archived game, the connection seems to slow down as the game progresses. After the buffering, it starts out smoothly but after about 5 minutes, the connection gets choppy and then stops altogether I have DSL.

When I view the game via Windows on my computer at work, I don't have any of these problems. I can watch the game full screen and the connection doesn't slow down.

I tried the free two day option on the 4th and the 5th just to try it out before i shell out the $79. I really want to see more baseball, but don't want to throw money away.

Anyone have any ideas?

Unregistered
04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I use MLBTV on my Powerbook, and it works well.

To play the video full screen, you need to open mlb.com in Safari. Go to MLBTV and select a broadcast which will open in that little window. Then hold option and click on the video and you'll get a menu that allows you to play it in real player.

That might help your connection, too - not positive about that one though.

brewcrew/chisox
04-07-2005, 01:26 AM
thanks. I'll try this