PDA

View Full Version : Cub Nation Frustration

SOXPHILE
04-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I know, it's only the 3rd game of the season, but the vaunted Cubs pitching is getting knocked around by the Diamondbacks. Ryan Dempster left in the 4th, trailing 6-0. (I guess that 9 something ERA in spring training was just a fluke).
The relief pitcher comes in and promptly gives up another hit, scoring another run, charged to Dempster. :gulp:

Viva Medias B's
04-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I know, it's only the 3rd game of the season, but the vaunted Cubs pitching is getting knocked around by the Diamondbacks. Ryan Dempster left in the 4th, trailing 6-0. (I guess that 9 something ERA in spring training was just a fluke).
The relief pitcher comes in and promptly gives up another hit, scoring another run, charged to Dempster. :gulp:

I'm sure Bob Brenley will put a nice spin on it to make Cub fans feel better.

SOXPHILE
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Probably, or find a way to say it was some bad calls by the umpires that led to all those Diamondback runs, and the lack of Cub runs. Did you hear him defending that throbbing piece of garbage Zambrano for his antics that lead to him getting launched on Monday ? He said the umpire should have just walked away and ingored him. Yeah, right Bob, an ump is gonna just ignore a pitcher mocking him and showing him up, a pitcher who already has a reputation as one of the biggest jackasses in the leauge, on a team with a reputation as a bunch of whining little babies. I wonder what the over-under is on the combined number of games that "Carrie Woods", Zambrano, Hawkins, & Johhny Baker get tossed this year.

MRKARNO
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Dumpster belongs in one because he's garbage.

Until they get smart and put in Angel Guzman in the 5th starter spot, they're going to struggle to win many games when the fifth guy goes.

HomeFish
04-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Accursed ones have second and third with one out. Don't count them out of this one just yet.

cheeses_h_rice
04-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Accursed ones have second and third with one out. Don't count them out of this one just yet.

Guess you haven't learned anything about the Flubs yet, have you?

Seriously, why are you always so glass-half-empty?

:rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
04-07-2005, 01:01 AM

Until they get smart and put in Angel Guzman in the 5th starter spot, they're going to struggle to win many games when the fifth guy goes.
He isn't the 5th starter, its either gonna be MEAT-re or (insert nickname here) Rusch. He'll just go back to the bullpen when and if Messiah comes back.

Unregistered
04-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Ballgame.
8-3 D'backs

Don't let the Cubune and Pete "wishful thinking" Gammons fool you. The Cubs are in for a looooong year. And not in the good way. :cool:

Whitesox029
04-07-2005, 01:48 AM

By my count, he's the 3rd starter. It will be official once Prior comes down with a "stomach ailment" or something like that. Apparently "stomach ailment" is lingo used north of Madison St. to mean "arm problems."

skobabe8
04-07-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm sure Bob Brenley will put a nice spin on it to make Cub fans feel better.

:chimp "Thats right, Bobby boy. I told you I make great kool-aide, huh? I know, I know....blue was my favorite kind, too."

TDog
04-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Here's one big difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans:

If the Sox won by 10 runs on opening day, people would be posting about how a win is nice, but the Sox will probably lose the next game by one and won't even score in the game after that until someone homers when the Sox are already down 7-0. We've seen it before, the results as well as the complaining. Last year. The year before that. The year before that.

Cubs score 16 runs on opening day and their fans are screaming with joy about how their team is going to score 2,592 runs this year.

Palehose13
04-07-2005, 09:45 AM

***??? HomeFish, maybe you should go to a cubs message board because you are obviously a cub fan.

zach23
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
***??? HomeFish, maybe you should go to a cubs message board because you are obviously a cub fan.

He admitted last year that he was a cub fan convert. It is pretty obvious. Last year when everyone was enjoying their collapse he kept warning that they would still make the playoffs.
He always has zero hope and optimism for the Sox and defends the cubs no matter how bleak their situation looks.

Dan H
04-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Not only do the Cubs have injury problems with their two best pitchers, they are still worrying about what Steve Stone says. This team is going nowhere. They are doing their best to make it 100 years.

irish rover
04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
b&B were reading from an article that said that the Dude(dusty) was blaming the hurricane and all the negative press. He said that SF was more laid back and that he wasn't used to all this negative press

Jees will these guys grow up

itsnotrequired
04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
b&B were reading from an article that said that the Dude(dusty) was blaming the hurricane and all the negative press. He said that SF was more laid back and that he wasn't used to all this negative press

Jees will these guys grow up

Huh? He said this about the D-Back series?:?:

irish rover
04-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Huh? He said this about the D-Back series?:?:

no it was periodical(don't know which) that had a long interview and it was about last year

MRKARNO
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
By my count, he's the 3rd starter. It will be official once Prior comes down with a "stomach ailment" or something like that. Apparently "stomach ailment" is lingo used north of Madison St. to mean "arm problems."

Wood, Zambrano, Maddux and then him at this point and then Mitre? Even if Prior comes back, the Cubs are in deep you-know-what with their incredible pitching staff.

santo=dorf
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM
:troll

Your act has been stale for quite some time now.

patbooyah
04-07-2005, 01:30 PM
the thing about last nights game was that the cubs had men on first and third with two outs, but dusty left dumpster in! dumpster grounded out and came in to pitch the next inning and was rocked. he had been rocked all night, but this last inning put the game out of reach. why leave him in when you have a chance of scoring and he has been sucking so badly?

they should have kept stone and left dusty.