PDA

View Full Version : Pedro rips Epstein, questions Schilling

Fenway
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
http://redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB/view.bg?articleid=76755

***``Because I didn't let Theo (Epstein) or the Red Sox decide my life, my future, I'm a bad man now,'' Martinez said yesterday. ``Judging from what I've seen, and what I've read and what I've heard, that's how I'm being portrayed.

*****``I did my job. I think I did that all seven years I was there. Everyone seems to have forgotten about that. A lot of the fans probably remember, but they're selling me as a negative. I'm not saying all the fans. But some have forgotten.''

*****When told he was considered less than gracious on his way out the door, dissing the Sox during the press conference introducing him as a Met, Martinez offered no apologies.

*****``The thing is, I was honest,'' he said. ``I'm not going to take back what I said. I wanted to stay in Boston. Hearing Theo talk today on ESPN, saying they wanted to spread my money around, and keep Jason, that's a smart thing to do. He could afford to get rid of all of us, except Jason. I can appreciate that, but there was no need to mistreat my name.

wdelaney72
04-07-2005, 08:51 AM
*****When told he was considered less than gracious on his way out the door, dissing the Sox during the press conference introducing him as a Met, Martinez offered no apologies.

I didn't know Pedro dissed the White Sox at his Mets press conference. What beef would Pedro have against the Whtie Sox?