PDA

View Full Version : Sure miss Dave Wills

starboy0
04-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Sure miss Wilsy. After wonderful games like these it was great to settle in with Dave in the postgame. He was a fan like us pure and simple. Radio postgame today was unremarkable. Then I listened to Mac, Jurko, etc. make fun of the low attendance and turned that off.

Turned on the tube to comcast (tribune show I think) and heard how the Sox lineup wouldn't hit this year. Turned that off.

We won a thriller and there was no place to just enjoy it like it used to be with Dave Wills

jabrch
04-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd give Dolgin a shot. It takes time to grow into that job. He deserves that from us rather than having Sox fans digging for one more thing to bitch about...oh wait a sec... sorry - forgot I was talking to Sox fans.

Why are we one of the whinniest fanbases out there? Rather than celebrating a huge win against the Tribe, people are actually complaining about the fact that they don't like the post game show when the guy is two days on the job.... It really is amazing to me.

Mickster
04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I've listened to him twice and he's doing better - it's is only his 2nd day. He's obviously a fan and will find his groove soon. Don't fret.

starboy0
04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm sure Dolgin will do fine. And I notice he's posted here already which I think is great.

My point was more about how it's hard to find many shows that will celebrate a Sox win.

SpammySosa
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Sure miss Wilsy. After wonderful games like these it was great to settle in with Dave in the postgame. He was a fan like us pure and simple. Radio postgame today was unremarkable. Then I listened to Mac, Jurko, etc. make fun of the low attendance and turned that off.

Turned on the tube to comcast (tribune show I think) and heard how the Sox lineup wouldn't hit this year. Turned that off.

We won a thriller and there was no place to just enjoy it like it used to be with Dave Wills

I understand your sentiment about Dave Wills,but I enjoyed Sox victories long before he or sportstalk radio came along to recap and analyze.I enjoyed today's thriller in the same place I have many Sox wins:in my heart and the comfort of my couch.:wink: While Wilsy's postgame show was great,I savor the victories irregardless of how good the post game show is or how the media portrays the team.I wouldn't let something like this spoil the excitement of a Sox win and the joy of being a baseball fan.

TornLabrum
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I caught the last 2.5 innings or so and the postgame on the way home from work. Bryan Dolgin sounded a whole lot more at ease today and worked just fine with Melton and Bruce Levineline. Things (transitions, etc.) went a lot more smoothly today than yesterday in the Bullpen Bar.

I don't think Dolgin has hit his stride yet, but he's sounding better every day. The booming voice of Dave Wills is going to be tough to foget, but Dave is at Tampa Bay now, and I think some of us need to move on with our lives.

jabrch
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Dave back here someday. Hawk can't broadcast forever, can he? In the meantime, Bryan is going to do just fine.

patbooyah
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
might i recommend the steve dahl show? immediately following the game there was not only celebration, but a great hunk of cub/cubfan bashing.

:cool:

Jerome
04-06-2005, 09:16 PM
he kind of sounded like I do on my show on wdgc 88.3 downers grove radio. kinda choppy and a little unsure of what he was saying.

btw did anyone catch MJ&H making fun of him with the "White Sox Postgame host suck up moment of the day"? He was saying something about how much he loved the Lee trade and MJ&H made it sound pretty funny

FedEx227
04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
he kind of sounded like I do on my show on wdgc 88.3 downers grove radio. kinda choppy and a little unsure of what he was saying.

Hopefully you don't play the awful crap we play here at North, nothing besides classic rock and new-age punk garbage....

btw, I will be doing a North baseball game tomorrow at 4:30, LIVE on WDGC :)

patbooyah
04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
btw did anyone catch MJ&H making fun of him with the "White Sox Postgame host suck up moment of the day"?

yes, i can see why radio legends like MJ&H would want to rip a guy on his second day. he has a lot of ground to cover before he is as notoriously successfull as that absolutely talented trio.

Brian26
04-06-2005, 09:35 PM
btw did anyone catch MJ&H making fun of him with the "White Sox Postgame host suck up moment of the day"? He was saying something about how much he loved the Lee trade and MJ&H made it sound pretty funny

Wow, this is just about as unprofessional as it gets. I don't mean to sound like an old lady complaining about this stuff, but why the hell is this allowed on the White Sox flagship station? Is Mac pissed he didn't get the job? Maybe if he wasn't such a hot-headed blowhard, the Sox would have considered him.

kevingrt
04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Wow, this is just about as unprofessional as it gets. I don't mean to sound like an old lady complaining about this stuff, but why the hell is this allowed on the White Sox flagship station? Is Mac pissed he didn't get the job? Maybe if he wasn't such a hot-headed blowhard, the Sox would have considered him.

I'm thinking the whole station is kind of pissed that they are about to lose the White Sox and Bulls to their arch rivals and those two teams especially the Bulls coming around will really hurt WMVP's ratings and will boost WSCR through the roof.

MRKARNO
04-06-2005, 09:50 PM
why the hell is this allowed on the White Sox flagship station?

Because it's not going to be for much longer and they know it.

Clement's beard
04-06-2005, 10:10 PM
That's a bad situation for the Sox. If they leave ESPN, they will be trashed by their former flagship station and they will cover the Cubs even more just to stick it to JR and the Sox. Very bad situation.

spawn
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. And with his comments today, he's justified WMVP for not considering him for the job. His fragile ego couldn't handle the rejection, and now he and his cronies are gonna give Dolgin a hard time. What a bunch of pricks.

spawn
04-06-2005, 10:18 PM
That's a bad situation for the Sox. If they leave ESPN, they will be trashed by their former flagship station and they will cover the Cubs even more just to stick it to JR and the Sox. Very bad situation.
Cover the Cubs more? Let's see...they have more Cub fans working the airwaves than Sox fans, and it shows.

Clement's beard
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Cover the Cubs more? Let's see...they have more Cub fans working the airwaves than Sox fans, and it shows.

It's pretty split right now. Should the Sox leave, it will be more like 70/30. Not only that, the station will rip the Sox to no end should they leave. It's just not a good spot to be in. If the Sox re-up with ESPN, you'll see the coverage start to shift more towards the Sox.

spawn
04-06-2005, 10:32 PM
It's pretty split right now. Should the Sox leave, it will be more like 70/30. Not only that, the station will rip the Sox to no end should they leave. It's just not a good spot to be in. If the Sox re-up with ESPN, you'll see the coverage start to shift more towards the Sox.
I don't see the coverage being split. I see it slanted towrds the Cubs. And there are those that already rip the Sox (supposed Sox fan Dan McNeil). Today was a good example. The Sox win and they make fun of the low attendance and Dolgin. Them leaving won't have the negative effect you think it will.