PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about the game today...

mike squires
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
OK you guys will not agree to this but listen to this one.

Me and my 16 month old girl Brooklynne were playing in the living room and watching the game. Hawk said, "He Gone." I repeat it twice and told her to repeat it back to me. She did. (others wouldn't have known what she said but she said it.) Then next inning I get up to get a drink and from the kitchen I hear Hawk say, "He gone." Brooklynne immediatly said it right back and looked at me. Ok, at least it's the cutest thing that happened in the game today. ALthough those two sox flight attendents were pretty cute too!!!

Rocky Soprano
04-06-2005, 05:31 PM

Me and my 16 month old girl Brooklynne were playing in the living room and watching the game. Hawk said, "He Gone." I repeat it twice and told her to repeat it back to me. She did. (others wouldn't have known what she said but she said it.) Then next inning I get up to get a drink and from the kitchen I hear Hawk say, "He gone." Brooklynne immediatly said it right back and looked at me. Ok, at least it's the cutest thing that happened in the game today. ALthough those two sox flight attendents were pretty cute too!!!

That is awesome!

h00sierjoe
04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Always nice to see a parent raising their kid the right way.

Ol' No. 2
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Now you need to teach her to say "Cubs Suck".:D:

kevingrt
04-06-2005, 06:26 PM

Did she learn "You Can Put It On The Board, YESSS!!!" Because it should be a very important phrase especially after this afternoon game.

Stroker Ace
04-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Hope you can pay for Harvard because that kid's a genius!

gocubs
04-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Hopefully your kid can mimic the silence that comes from the announcers booth when you're having a bad day.:D:

DrCrawdad
04-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Hopefully your kid can mimic the silence that comes from the announcers booth when you're having a bad day.:D:

:dtroll:

AZChiSoxFan
04-06-2005, 07:33 PM

Classic. My four year old daughter and my two year old daughter both say "You can put it on the board ......YESSSSS" and "sit back, relax, and strap it down."

AZChiSoxFan
04-06-2005, 07:38 PM

And your kids will learn to blame the announcers for everything that goes wrong.

BTW, I really enjoyed attending the D-backs win over the scrubs last night. Saw lots of your fellow losers there. Nothing better than walking out of a stadium with scrubs "fans" making excuses for yet another loss. I do have to give them some credit however. To my surprise, none of them asked me where the scoreboard was.

Get lost!!

hose
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM

:D: cute story.

skobabe8
04-06-2005, 08:02 PM
And your kids will learn to blame the announcers for everything that goes wrong.

BTW, I really enjoyed attending the D-backs win over the scrubs last night. Saw lots of your fellow losers there. Nothing better than walking out of a stadium with scrubs "fans" making excuses for yet another loss. I do have to give them some credit however. To my surprise, none of them asked me where the scoreboard was.

Get lost!!

LOL!! I was there, too! I asked my cub fan buddy, "Whats it feel like to be part of the most embarrassing fanbase in all of sports?" He didnt give me a response.

gocubs
04-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Get lost!!

Please don't question my love of the White Sox. Just because I don't like the dead air coming out of the broadcasting both doesn't mean I'm not a Sox fan. It just seems like Hawk is calling a fishing tournament instead of a baseball game. If you and some others on this board stop worrying about what the losers on the north side are doing, maybe the Sox would have a stronger fan base. Just a thought. Go Sox!

mealfred13
04-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Lmao.... Nice try man.

You gotta love it when the new members make 4 posts, and 3 of their first 4 posts are trollish. Get lost!

:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

Heh... cubs fans. Can't even learn how to use the quote button properly....

DrCrawdad
04-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Please don't question my love of the White Sox. Just because I don't like the dead air coming out of the broadcasting both doesn't mean I'm not a Sox fan. It just seems like Hawk is calling a fishing tournament instead of a baseball game.

If you and some others on this board stop worrying about what the losers on the north side are doing, maybe the Sox would have a stronger fan base. Just a thought. Go Sox!

In your first few posts here you've dissed Hawk & Sox fans and then not said one word about two good wins. Why would any reasonable person think you're a :dtroll:

http://<font%20color="Teal">Why%20would%20any%20reasonable%20person%20think%20 you're%20a</font>[/COLOR]]Post your fandom here. ([COLOR=Teal)

Mohoney
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
If you and some others on this board stop worrying about what the losers on the north side are doing, maybe the Sox would have a stronger fan base. Just a thought. Go Sox!

:whoflungpoo

Who **** in your cereal this morning?

SoxxoS
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Tad OT but...

My roommate was in the pool at the game yesterday...and told me its $20,000 to rent it out for a game. I was shocked.

And its sold out for the next two seasons.:o:

SpammySosa
04-06-2005, 08:45 PM

Get lost!!

Please don't question my love of the White Sox. Just because I don't like the dead air coming out of the broadcasting both doesn't mean I'm not a Sox fan. It just seems like Hawk is calling a fishing tournament instead of a baseball game. If you and some others on this board stop worrying about what the losers on the north side are doing, maybe the Sox would have a stronger fan base. Just a thought. Go Sox!

I imagine Hawk will be clearing his throat pretty soon here.:D:

voodoochile
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Nice story, reminds me a bit of this from the 2003 playoffs...

10-6-2003 POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2358)

AZChiSoxFan
04-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Tad OT but...

My roommate was in the pool at the game yesterday...and told me its $20,000 to rent it out for a game. I was shocked.

And its sold out for the next two seasons.:o:

I don't believe that's accurate. Everyone in my office is going to a game next week so when we were planning the outing we called the D-backs and inquired about the pool. We were told by someone in the group sales office that the cost is $5900 a game. Still outrageous IMO, but it's not $20K.

SoxxoS
04-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't believe that's accurate. Everyone in my office is going to a game next week so when we were planning the outing we called the D-backs and inquired about the pool. We were told by someone in the group sales office that the cost is $5900 a game. Still outrageous IMO, but it's not $20K.

That didnt sound right.

gocubs
04-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Right. I don't think I "dissed" Sox fans, I'm just trying to point out that everyone pretends to be such a big Sox fan, and no one goes to the ballpark and supports them, it's just sad. I like Hawk, I really do, but you have to admit, besides a few snappy catch phrases, he's not the most lively announcer. The Sox have a great team this year, and Hawk should express some more excitement besides when someone hits a home run. I'm just trying to have some fun on the board, it sure is a change from worrying about what Cubs pitchers are injured. I'm excited about those two wins, but it's too early in the season to start making post season plans. In your first few posts here you've dissed Hawk & Sox fans and then not said one word about two good wins. Why would any reasonable person think you're a :dtroll:

Post your fandom here. (http://<font%20color=&quot;teal&quot;>why%20would%20any%20reasonable%20person%20think%20 you're%20a</font>)

gocubs
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Score!Lmao.... Nice try man.

You gotta love it when the new members make 4 posts, and 3 of their first 4 posts are trollish. Get lost!

:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

Heh... cubs fans. Can't even learn how to use the quote button properly....

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Right. I don't think I "dissed" Sox fans, I'm just trying to point out that everyone pretends to be such a big Sox fan, and no one goes to the ballpark and supports them, it's just sad. I like Hawk, I really do, but you have to admit, besides a few snappy catch phrases, he's not the most lively announcer. The Sox have a great team this year, and Hawk should express some more excitement besides when someone hits a home run. I'm just trying to have some fun on the board, it sure is a change from worrying about what Cubs pitchers are injured. I'm excited about those two wins, but it's too early in the season to start making post season plans.

:dtroll: :dtroll: Na-na-naaaa-na..........

DrCrawdad
04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Right. I don't think I "dissed" Sox fans, I'm just trying to point out that everyone pretends to be such a big Sox fan, and no one goes to the ballpark and supports them, it's just sad. I like Hawk, I really do, but you have to admit, besides a few snappy catch phrases, he's not the most lively announcer. The Sox have a great team this year, and Hawk should express some more excitement besides when someone hits a home run. I'm just trying to have some fun on the board, it sure is a change from worrying about what Cubs pitchers are injured. I'm excited about those two wins, but it's too early in the season to start making post season plans.

Who here "pretends" to be "such a big Sox fan," other than possibly yourself? The Sox drew nearly two million last year, how is that "no one goes to the ballpark?"

http://<font%20color="Teal">Why%20would%20any%20reasonable%20person%20think%20 you're%20a</font>[/COLOR]]Post your fandom here. ([COLOR=Teal)

mike squires
04-07-2005, 10:57 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: Na-na-naaaa-na..........

I was flipping around the free MLB preview and it seemed all announcers sounded the same. Including the new Cub announcers. Every one of them. Hawk is the only one that I have heard aside from Vin Scully that sounds different in any way.

oeo
04-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I was flipping around the free MLB preview and it seemed all announcers sounded the same. Including the new Cub announcers. Every one of them. Hawk is the only one that I have heard aside from Vin Scully that sounds different in any way.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone picks out Hawk as a bad announcer...maybe because he's unique and not like the same old lame crap I hear from the Twins' or Cubs' announcers. And if you don't like Hawk, I'd hate to say it, but you have got to be a

Oh and how can I forget about your "favorite past Sox player" and your "favorite part about Sox park"...just keep mocking the Sox...