PDA

View Full Version : Tailgunner Joe files another report

southsidesoxfan1
04-06-2005, 02:23 PM
According to the Daily Southtown

"We all knew it was coming," one Sox player said of the Cactus League incident, "and it will probably happen again."

Linky (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/061sd1.htm)

SoxOnTop
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
According to the Daily Southtown

"We all knew it was coming," one Sox player said of the Cactus League incident, "and it will probably happen again."

Linky (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/061sd1.htm)

Great article and insight into the problems with C-Lee in the clubhouse. I finally glad someone dug a little deeper than "Carlos got traded for not taking out a Twin at 2nd base".

I'm not at all surprised to hear that about Lee. I remember several occasions where Rowand would call him off fly balls to left center field only to see Carlos ignore him causing Rowand to almost run into him. Then Lee would stare at him for a few seconds as if to say "What are you doing here? Can't you see this is my territory? Buzz off, scrub." I always found those exchanges to be a bit telling as to Lee's attitude. It was as if defering to the CF'er (or perhaps Rowand) was beneath him.

Did anyone esle notice those instances?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2005, 02:42 PM
How many more times must we read a column written by Tailgunner Joe about all the bad clubhouse chemistry on 35th Street? This is the same sports journalist who called Willie Harris at home the day after he lost his everyday second base job and got a bunch of disjointed quotes making Wee Willie sound like a whiney bitch.

You guys really need to get a more credible source than this lazy jerk.

:kukoo:

Viva Medias B's
04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
What I didn't like is Lee making fun of Marte's ethnic background. Someone in the clubhouse should have kicked the crap out of Lee for that.

cheeses_h_rice
04-06-2005, 11:24 PM
What's the story behind the "Tailgunner" nickname?

DickAllen72
04-06-2005, 11:24 PM
How many more times must we read a column written by Tailgunner Joe about all the bad clubhouse chemistry on 35th Street? This is the same sports journalist who called Willie Harris at home the day after he lost his everyday second base job and got a bunch of disjointed quotes making Wee Willie sound like a whiney bitch.

You guys really need to get a more credible source than this lazy jerk.

:kukoo:

Agreed. Cowley is just a gossip columnist.

fquaye149
04-07-2005, 04:37 AM
What's the story behind the "Tailgunner" nickname?

Sen. Joe McCarthy (from wisconsin :redface: ) was given the name tailgunner joe after he posed next to a "tailgunner" airplane, IMPLYING that he had served as a tailgunner in the war. Of course, he had never BEEN to the war, but he encouraged the nickname, giving himself credence as a patriot he used to his advantage during his smear campaign.

Tailgunner Joe Crowley seems to imply the same sort of yellow journalism McCarthy used to build his reputation/destroy others´