PDA

View Full Version : The Garcia Trade - again!

Bucktown
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Firstly, if you don't want to discuss this go to another thread. Posting This thread sucks or this thread blows really doesn't do anything but waste everyone's time.

So, after two games Reed/Olivo are 0 for 13. Meanwhile the Mariners gave up 7 runs in 4.2 innings last night. I suspect Freddy will fare better.

That should quiet down the Seattle folks that thought they got a steal. I wonder if they want Ben Davis back to add some pop to their lineup.

Unregistered
04-06-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629

:D:

MeanFish
04-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Firstly, if you don't want to discuss this go to another thread. Posting This thread sucks or this thread blows really doesn't do anything but waste everyone's time.

So, after two games Reed/Olivo are 0 for 13. Meanwhile the Mariners gave up 7 runs in 4.2 innings last night. I suspect Freddy will fare better.

That should quiet down the Seattle folks that thought they got a steal. I wonder if they want Ben Davis back to add some pop to their lineup.

Yes, two games at Safeco Field is a great gauge for how an entire season is going to pan out.

I do think Garcia is going to knock em dead today. I'm thinking something to the tune of 2 or 3 runs in 7 innings.

ChiSox14305635
04-06-2005, 12:10 PM
:threadblows:

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :redface:

Seriously, I think this will still be a win-win trade for both teams. Judging Reed/Olivo early stats against the Twins pitching staff (especially Radke/Santana) is a bit unfair.

CHISOXFAN13
04-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes, two games at Safeco Field is a great gauge for how an entire season is going to pan out.

I do think Garcia is going to knock em dead today. I'm thinking something to the tune of 2 or 3 runs in 7 innings.

I'm a big fan of the fact Garcia was 9-0 in day games last year. He'll pitch today and again on Monday afternoon in the Tribe's home opener :D:

SOXSINCE'70
04-06-2005, 12:20 PM
FYI,Garcia was 9-0 for the Sox in afternoon games last season,IIRC.

Jurr
04-06-2005, 12:27 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629

:D:
This little thing right here gets me every time. I'm about to go clean Diet Coke off my monitor.

JRIG
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Plus Richie Sexson is on pace for 162 home runs. That is turning out to be the best free agent signing ever.

Welcome to "What's The Score".

Erik The Red
04-06-2005, 01:39 PM

Talk about beating a dead horse...

BTW... :bandance::gulp::bandance::gulp::bandance::gulp: :bandance::gulp::bandance::gulp:

chaz171
04-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm still harboring resentment that we traded Edwin Correa back in 1986. That was a terrible trade. I know we got Dave Schmidt in return but what has he done lately?

Bucktown
04-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Reed/Olivo: 0 - 17

Garcia: 3.00

Since everyone expressed interest I plan to update this on a daily basis. Thanks for the encouragement.

SpammySosa
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Reed/Olivo: 0 - 17

Garcia: 3.00

Since everyone expressed interest I plan to update this on a daily basis. Thanks for the encouragement.

I guess you are going to miss today.:cool: