PDA

View Full Version : Koch still pissed about being released

gosox41
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Saw this article. Guess who was a big Devil Ray fan the other day? At least he took a bunch of kids, though he still is bitter.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Toronto/2005/03/30/976869.html

Bob

soltrain21
04-06-2005, 12:00 PM
That is actually really cool. Having NOTHING to do with his pitching, he seems like a great father and a great person.

Baby Fisk
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Koch was at the Jays-Rays game in Tampa last night. Completely decked out in Devil Ray gear: T-shirt, hat, he even had one of those foam fingers on one hand! Very funny to see. They showed him standing near the Jays' bullpen chatting with some of the pitchers. He's getting $900,000 guaranteed this year to be a hero to local kids and be a baseball tourist. Nice work if you can get it.

ma_deuce
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
He's getting $900,000 guaranteed this year to be a hero to local kids and be a baseball tourist. Nice work if you can get it.

Why the teal? Thats the greatest job in the world. Finally, Billy Koch is my hero! :redneck

ondafarm
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
While I don't know the situation between Koch and the Jays and the guy really stunk when he was with the White Sox, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be acting like a cool dad and for that I have to say, "Way to go Billy Koch!!!"

TDog
04-07-2005, 01:01 AM
How bad could Koch be as a closer, really. I don't mean for the Sox. But I'm sure he couldn't have done any worse for the Indians than Wickman did Wednesday.

skobabe8
04-07-2005, 01:13 AM
How bad could Koch be as a closer, really. I don't mean for the Sox. But I'm sure he couldn't have done any worse for the Indians than Wickman did Wednesday.

That might not be such a bad idea. He owes us a few blown saves. He can start by signing with the Twins or Tribe, and serve up a few meat fastballs to the heart of our order.

jake27
04-07-2005, 07:41 AM
o man thats awesome . thats a crap load of tickets too :o: . i especially love how he was decked out in devil rays gear.

gosox41
04-07-2005, 08:50 AM
That might not be such a bad idea. He owes us a few blown saves. He can start by signing with the Twins or Tribe, and serve up a few meat fastballs to the heart of our order.

Too bad the Indians and Twins aren't dumb enough to sign him. Though maybe Cleveland will get really desperate, but I doubt it.

Bob

Stroker Ace
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
What a way to get back at your former team! You pump the money they are paying you into the worst team in MLB history! I love it!

BRDSR
04-08-2005, 12:15 PM
That is actually really cool. Having NOTHING to do with his pitching, he seems like a great father and a great person.

Even when he was busy blowing saves for the White Sox he was a class act about it. I remember when it seemed like he blew five saves in one week and by the fifth one he was still taking the blame and apologizing to the fans and stuff. A lot of guys would duck out of the locker room as fast as he could and some guys would blow up and ask the reporters if they thought they could go out and close a game(wink wink, Latroy Hawkins, wink wink). I can't believe the Jays released him on almost a $1 million contract after four spring outtings, that seems pretty lame to me. As long as BK isn't pitching against the White Sox(or for the Cubs/Twins), I'll always be pulling for him.

shoota
04-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Good article. Seems like an honest, stable, good man and father. Class.

PAPChiSox729
04-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Too bad the Indians and Twins aren't dumb enough to sign him. Though maybe Cleveland will get really desperate, but I doubt it.

Bob

If John Rocker can get a contract with an IL team, then Koch can get in the Cleveland bullpen. I guess I will have to dream on.

JB98
04-09-2005, 12:20 AM

Bob

I think the Cubs will sign him to fix their closer woes.

Fredsox
04-09-2005, 08:52 AM
I think the Cubs will sign him to fix their closer woes.

That would be cool.