PDA

View Full Version : New SCORE Sunday Baseball Show

DrCrawdad
04-06-2005, 09:44 AM
*WSCR-AM (670) sportscasters Jesse Rogers and George Ofman will host "Hit 'n Run," a new baseball talk show from 8 a.m. to noon Sundays on the Score, starting this weekend. First guest will be Cubs general manager Jim Hendry. - Chicago Sun-Times, April 6, 2005.

Two Cub fans, wow!

SAVVY18
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
And they are trying to land the Sox? Stupid!!!

gosox41
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Two Cub fans, wow!

That's going ot be a joke of a show. Why not call it 'Kissing Cubby Butt"?

Bob

jdm2662
04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
A four hour Cubby love fest. Don't they have enough of that at night???
________
Mc platform (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform)

santo=dorf
04-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Two Cub fans, wow!

Is Rogers a Cubs fan? To me he is a clueless hockey fan, and it is weird to hear him talk about other sports.

Brian26
04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Is Rogers a Cubs fan? To me he is a clueless hockey fan, and it is weird to hear him talk about other sports.

He's clueless and has no business being behind a microphone in a major metropolitan city.

SOXSINCE'70
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
This is all designed to rip off Jeff Dickerson's baseball show on
'MVP where he says the focus is on both Chicago teams (but a
true Sox fan knows better) and then the "Talking Baseball" gabfest
with John Rooney and Bruce LeVineLine that follows.Each is 2 hrs
long (normally).

PUH-LEEZ!! :angry: Every time I listen to these shows for a few minutes on
Sunday morning,I want to vomit.Rooney and LeVineLine rarely
take calls,and when they do,guess which team 9 out of 10 idiots
want to talk about?? Hint: It's not the White Sox.:angry:

Brian26
04-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Every time I listen to these shows for a few minutes on
Sunday morning,I want to vomit.Rooney and LeVineLine rarely

Rooney seems to keep LeVineLine in line. I enjoy the Sunday morning show...the problem happens when Rooney isn't here and LeVineLine hosts w/ Dickerson or someone else. Then it's full-metal Cub ass-kissing. Rooney's pretty professional about it, even when interviewing Hendry in the past.

You're right though...this is an obvious rip-off of the AM 1000 shows on Sunday.

samram
04-06-2005, 12:44 PM
He's clueless and has no business being behind a microphone in a major metropolitan city.

Or any city, really.

samram
04-06-2005, 12:45 PM

I don't recall his hockey accumen being what one would call enlightening either.

SOXPHILE
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
When he was doing hockey (remember that ?), Jesse Rogers was o.k. But on everything else, he is clueless. He sounds like a high school kid in radio club. Boers & Bernstein are always making fun of him and some of the stuff he's said, and continues to say. ("A leopard can't change his stripes"..."If a tree falls in the forest, and there's nobody around, does anyone hear it ?"...."...up there in Wisconsin, which is pretty close to the Illinois border..." ) He was Mike North's little stable boy for a while, that's probably the only reason he even still has a job there. I have a feeling that show is going to be some version of "Murph Lite". All Cubs Cubs Cubs Cubs all the time, with occasional White Sox talk, which would be a hell of alot more Sox talk than Murph does.

hellenicsoxfan
04-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Rooney seems to keep LeVineLine in line. I enjoy the Sunday morning show...the problem happens when Rooney isn't here and LeVineLine hosts w/ Dickerson or someone else. Then it's full-metal Cub ass-kissing. Rooney's pretty professional about it, even when interviewing Hendry in the past.

You're right though...this is an obvious rip-off of the AM 1000 shows on Sunday.

John Rooney is a true professional and a pleasure to listen to. Too bad all the radio gabbers aren't as professional.

Actually, I thought this show was just a replacement for the baseball show that Julie Swieca used to do on Sunday mornings. I used to like this show and she seemed to keep it even between the Sox and Cubs. I was late for church a few times because I was listening to Julie.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
.Rooney and LeVineLine rarely

You are right. They almost NEVER take calls. Probably because they know so much more about baseball than us, they couldn't possibly learn anything from us.

ChiSoxRowand
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
John Rooney is a true professional and a pleasure to listen to. Too bad all the radio gabbers aren't as professional.

Actually, I thought this show was just a replacement for the baseball show that Julie Swieca used to do on Sunday mornings. I used to like this show and she seemed to keep it even between the Sox and Cubs. I was late for church a few times because I was listening to Julie.

I think Julie was a Sox fan. I liked her show, it's too bad she quit.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I've listened to most of their first new show today. They were heavy on the Sox talk EARLY, when audience share is lowest. Come prime time at 10am, they pretty much went mostly Cubs for the show:(: . If they have a chance at being the Sox flagship, we need to start making some noise. I fired a shot, it was great. I got on around 8:45 and told them the show was great (it was up to that point). I told them that with Murph and Stone and all, I don't usually consider WSCR for Sox info but that their show might change my mind. THERE WAS TOTAL UNCOMFORTABLE, WONDERFUL, COMPLETE SILENCE. I then made my point that the Sox were really built for the cold weather of October and could make a run if they make the playoffs. George still refused to reply to me, at all. But Jesse picked up the ball and ran with it. Even if Jesse is a primarily a Cub fan, he does a fair job with the Sox. I like him.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow. Murph opened his Monday show today reaching out to Sox fans. He said he didn't want to hear from Sox fans about how he doesn't talk Sox on his show. He was begging Sox fans to call. He must have been listening Sunday.

gosox41
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Wow. Murph opened his Monday show today reaching out to Sox fans. He said he didn't want to hear from Sox fans about how he doesn't talk Sox on his show. He was begging Sox fans to call. He must have been listening Sunday.

Murph is feeling the heat. He's on at night's. If the Sox sign with WSCR then most of their games will be on during his slot. Add this to the fact that if the Sox are on WSCR, management is going to want to promote them as much as possible.

Looks to me like a two bit Cub-fan hack is finally seeing the light and realizes he needs to stop brown nosing the Cubs if he wants a radio gig in this city.

Bob

Procol Harum
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Looks to me like a two bit Cub-fan hack is finally seeing the light and realizes he needs to stop brown nosing the Cubs if he wants a radio gig in this city.
Bob

Say what you want about Murph's obvious partisanship as a Cub fan, he is anything but a "brown nose" for the Cubs as an organization. Among most sheep-like, affable Cub fans Murph is a notorious exception, constantly ripping the Trib, Cub upper management ("McPhail--that's F-a-i-l"), Cub managers, players, etc., etc. An extreme Cub fan, yes, a shill for the Cubs organization, no.

PatK
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
. An extreme Cub fan, yes, a shill for the Cubs organization, no.

It is strange hearing some of his Blue Kool-Aid induced rants and believe he isn't a buttkisser. Although he does rip on them from time to time, it doesn't get the poop stink off his breath.

And he's not as bad as he used to be, IMO.

veeter
04-12-2005, 10:49 AM
This is a show I will most definitely avoid. Although I have to say Offman has been more in the Sox corner of late. But like they say once a cub fan always a cub fan.

gosox41
04-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Say what you want about Murph's obvious partisanship as a Cub fan, he is anything but a "brown nose" for the Cubs as an organization. Among most sheep-like, affable Cub fans Murph is a notorious exception, constantly ripping the Trib, Cub upper management ("McPhail--that's F-a-i-l"), Cub managers, players, etc., etc. An extreme Cub fan, yes, a shill for the Cubs organization, no.

I stopped listening to Murph in 2003. When both teams were in the thick of a pennant race I recall it being all Cubs all the tme (or at least 90%). I stopped listening to him after that season just because after listening to him a know nothing fan can't help but wonder how this team didn't win a WS.

If he's changed, good for him. He's going to need to if the Score is going to be the Sox flagship station.

Bob

jdm2662
04-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I used to enjoy his show in the mornings. And no, he was not a Cubbie ass kisser. His tirades to the team were pretty funny actually. When it was annoucned he was being bumped to nights is when I stopped listening. When he made the comment if Sox fans actually called, they talked more was the final straw for me. I think the guy is very capable of putting on an entertaining show, but needs to realize that not everyone is a Cubbie fan.
________
MAZDA 737C HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_737C)