PDA

View Full Version : Royce really sucks

gobears1987
04-05-2005, 11:09 PM
The D-Backs had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and up comes ROyce "THe Choice". He hit a GB from Maddux that got fielded by the 3rd baseman who then turned a DP. A nice rally against the Flubs gets killed by good ole Hitless.

:hitless
"Don't you guys miss me?"

ma_deuce
04-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I guess scoring runners is overrated as well. Still...

:thechoice

batmanZoSo
04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
One of the announcers said he's one of the best shortstops in the business. :rolleyes:

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
He redeemed himself with that great play to end the game. :bandance:

Tragg
04-06-2005, 01:40 AM
You know a team sucks when....

Royce Clayton is a starting player....

Or

Jose Lima is the #1 starter

Or

SoxSpeed22
04-06-2005, 01:52 AM
You know a team sucks when....

Royce Clayton is a starting player....

Or

Jose Lima is the #1 starter

Or

....Rick White is signed to shore up the bullpen.

dcb33
04-06-2005, 01:54 AM
One of the announcers said he's one of the best shortstops in the business. :rolleyes:

I think that comment was made in reference to his defense, but either way, Royce certainly helped keep the Cubs in the game with his lackluster offense.

FightingBillini
04-06-2005, 01:55 AM

Well, defensively there is no arguing he is great. Offensively, he is horrible. He wouldn't even be worth a roster spot unless a team had a great hitting starting SS and needed a defensive replacement for him in late innings.

FarWestChicago
04-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, defensively there is no arguing he is great.:?:

I guess range doesn't matter at SS.

:buddylee

That's right. I can catch any ball hit right at me!

shoota
04-06-2005, 02:05 AM
The D-Backs had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and up comes ROyce "THe Choice". He hit a GB from Maddux that got fielded by the 3rd baseman who then turned a DP. A nice rally against the Flubs gets killed by good ole Hitless.

"Don't you guys miss me?"

Did you see his hair? He looks like the Predator.

batmanZoSo
04-06-2005, 02:34 AM
I think that comment was made in reference to his defense,

I know. That's what made me mad.

Well, defensively there is no arguing he is great.

Serviceable at best. He's got below average range and a weak arm. The only thing about him is he doesn't make errors, but we all know you have to get to the ball to make an error.

FightingBillini
04-06-2005, 02:56 AM
:?:

I guess range doesn't matter at SS.

:buddylee

That's right. I can catch any ball hit right at me!

Maybe I am just remembering when he was with the Cardinals, but I dont remember him having that limited of a range. Besides that, I wouldnt be surprised if what limited range he had was due to him just not trying or not caring.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe I am just remembering when he was with the Cardinals, but I dont remember him having that limited of a range. Besides that, I wouldnt be surprised if what limited range he had was due to him just not trying or not caring.

The next play Royce makes ranging deep into the hole will be his first in over six years. I remember Rooney and Farmer commenting about how much Royce played up the middle his last season here. In fact he was so close to second base they were joking about how he was virtually a back up to the pitcher standing on the mound.
:roflmao:

When the ball is hit to Royce's right he sticks it in his pocket. He doesn't have the arm to get it to first -- and he knows it.

"I have a fielding percentage record that will probably last forever. You think I'm stupid, or what?"

FarWestChicago
04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Maybe I am just remembering when he was with the Cardinals, but I dont remember him having that limited of a range.Your mind has blocked out your memories of him with the Sox. That's common with seriously traumatic experiences. :D: