PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, I think all things Steve Phillips related should go to the ****house

SoxxoS
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Next to Moronotti.

This is why I think we are going to win the Central, b/c Steve Phillips picked against us. And I am dead serious-

He wrote a column for ESPN Insider about possible "breakout" stars at each position. Here is what he wrote about Sean Burroughs-

Now entering his third full season at the major-league level, Burroughs is ready to figure it out. Still only 24 years old, he has used the first 1,300 plate appearances of his career to learn how to hit in the majors. He's ready to take the next step and become a run producer. Burroughs has followed the natural progression of most hitters at the major-league level. Even though he plays his home games in expansive Petco Park, look for his power numbers to still multiply exponentially this year. A .300 batting average and 20 homers, 40 doubles and 90 RBI are not unrealistic.

In ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE AT BATS... Sean Burroughs has 10 home runs. That's right. 10.

Please keep in mind Steve Phillips was hired by ESPN and actually getting paid to analyze. If you are going to make out of control statements and get paid for them...let me send my resume.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
It's nice to have guys like him around. Sometimes I think, I'm just a fan and I can't know as much about baseball as guys who work full-time in the profession. Then guys like Steve Phillips open their yap and I realize I know more than I give myself credit for.

skobabe8
04-07-2005, 01:39 AM
Funny that when I was younger, I believed EVERYTHING the guys on ESPN always said. They were like baseball gods to me. Did I get smarter or did they get dumber?

spawn
04-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Funny that when I was younger, I believed EVERYTHING the guys on ESPN always said. They were like baseball gods to me. Did I get smarter or did they get dumber?
Quite possibly, it's a combination of both...

Stroker Ace
04-07-2005, 12:45 PM
When will Steve "Failed Mets GM" Phillips finaly shut his mouth

TaylorStSox
04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
When will Steve "Failed Mets GM" Phillips finaly shut his mouth

When the failed GM in your sig does.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Too much irony there.