PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett on Opening Day

DAVE
04-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I wasn't able to see opening day as I was in school, but I heard in the Cubune sports page that Carl Everett was booed after his strikeout in the 1st. For those of you who were at the game, was he hearing it from the fans all game or was the Cubune writing nonsense. He had a great spring and worked hard all offseason so I would not understand why he would be booed. :?:

jackbrohamer
04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I didn't notice any boos. Then again I was probably buying something from a beer vendor when it happened.

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure since I watched on TV and don't remember, I don't think he was though. I know that he made some comments (a whole thread about it made yesterday http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47581 ) about fans that may have rubbed some people the wrong way, so I don't know if that could have had anything to do with it.

Brian26
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Complete and utter bs. There was no significant backlash or booing from the crowd towards Everett.

:farmer

"Maybe someone from the Tribune should show up to the Cell and actually see a game before they make those comments."

Dibbs
04-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Actually, I think there was a little excessive booing....but nothing over the top. I was at the game and commented to my girlfriend about how I was surprised about the boos he received.

mike squires
04-05-2005, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Brian26]Complete and utter bs.

Hawk couldn't have said it any better...

:DJ Take it away partner...

:hawk

That's BS!!!

gosox41
04-06-2005, 08:56 AM
I wasn't able to see opening day as I was in school, but I heard in the Cubune sports page that Carl Everett was booed after his strikeout in the 1st. For those of you who were at the game, was he hearing it from the fans all game or was the Cubune writing nonsense. He had a great spring and worked hard all offseason so I would not understand why he would be booed. :?:

I heard some smattering of boos but nothing major.

But on the note of Everett, he is not a #3 hitter. And I'm not just saying this because of one game. I haven't been happy with him since the Sox reacquired him last season. KW and Rock joke with him that they're in better shape then he is.

Bob

ChiSoxBobette
04-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Thats a crock of crap he was'nt booed and he really did'nt have a good day.