PDA

View Full Version : Free MLB Extra Innings Preview

SAVVY18
04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I just remembered to look tonite, but Comcast Digital Cable is offering a free preview of the MLB Extra Innings package April 4th thru April 10th. I'm watching the Cards/Stro's game right now. Take advantage of it while you can. Especially you out of towners!

kevingrt
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I love the free preview I can get my fair share of baseball watching in while college basketball is done and there is no football on tv.

cwsfannick
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Currently, watching the Twins vs Mariners. Freebies are always a good thing.

cwsfannick
04-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Santana getting roughed up in the first. Ichiro singled, Reed walked, Beltre doubled, platting two and then Sexson hit a double scoring Beltre. 3-0 M's in the first. M's score four in the first. All earned. Significant considering Santana only gave up 14 earned runs after the all star game last year.

Nard
04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Doesn't matter, they're still going to win the world series. New England Patriots of baseball!

ChiSoxRowand
04-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Anyone know if there is gonna be a free preview on directv?

jenmcm76
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Anyone know if there is gonna be a free preview on directv?

I believe it's there, channels 734-749. There's nothing on them right now (black screen), but I'll check them at noon (central) for KC/Detroit on 735. Looks like the Sox are on 736 at 1:00. I see no reason why DirecTV wouldn't show the free preview as long as InDemand is offering it... Even though I get most of the games already in Urbana, I hope we get it so I can see Friday's game (damn WCIU....).

jenmcm76
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I believe it's there, channels 734-749. There's nothing on them right now (black screen), but I'll check them at noon (central) for KC/Detroit on 735. Looks like the Sox are on 736 at 1:00. I see no reason why DirecTV wouldn't show the free preview as long as InDemand is offering it... Even though I get most of the games already in Urbana, I hope we get it so I can see Friday's game (damn WCIU....).

Confirmed - the early games are on now.....YES!!!
(Hawk: I love DirecTV)

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
04-06-2005, 12:16 PM
wow, that sounds awesome. unfortunately i go to eastern illinois which is located in charleston, illinois, otherwise known as hickville. we dont have comcast, the cable company here is mediacom and it really sux. i have comcast at home and it is soooooo much better.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Watching the games yesterday I was shocked by how bad Skip Caray is now sounding for the Braves. I don't mean he has lost the capacity to know the game...simply to express himself.

I think he's had some health problems the past few years, if so, they have really affected him. He is starting to sound like his dad after he had the heart trouble...mumbling with a raspy, weak voice.

Lip

Jurr
04-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I know it's a little pricey, but the cost of that package is a steal. I have done it for 3 years, and it's the best purchase I make every year based on value.

Hell...I watch probably 150 Sox games a year and watch Twins, Indians, and other games. It averages out to around a quarter to fifty cents a game. Well worth it.

Damn..I sound like a salesman.

jenmcm76
04-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Damn! Today's Sox game is one of the few (less than 10%, I'd guess) games that MLB Extra Innings doesn't show.... Between them and WCIU, I guess I'll be either getting the radio broadcast or checking scores on the internet today.