PDA

View Full Version : More notes from 4/5 games

maurice
04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
- Beckett was great but got pulled after throwing 108 pitches in only 6 INN (!)
- Smoltz gets rocked (7 runs in 1.2 INN); probably shoulda stayed a closer
- Juan Encarnacion with a 1st-inning GS off of Smoltz
- Carlos Delgado 4-5 with 3 RBI
- Schmidt very good, but gives up a leadoff HR to Izturis (!)
- Vizquel 2-for-3 with a BB and a SB
- Edmonds with a 1st-inning, 3-run HR off of Oswalt
- Rookie pitching battle well underway in TB; I'm sure the Mets are still pleased with that Victor Zambrano trade

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Cardinals right where they left, 7th inning stretch, 7-1Larry Walker homered, and fan threw it back :rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
The Mets are in for a long season. They did nothing to patch up the holes in their bullpen, and it showed during yesterday's game against the Reds. Teams that can't close out their opponents don't make the playoffs. Just ask the Cubs. Ooops! Did I say that?

MeanFish
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Maybe I'll get flamed for this observation, but I was watching the Braves/Marlins game today on TBS and Chip Caray actually didn't suck like he did last year with the Cubs. Did anyone else notice this? Am I hallucinating?

marlins03
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Beckett will have more control next outing.

RKMeibalane
04-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Maybe I'll get flamed for this observation, but I was watching the Braves/Marlins game today on TBS and Chip Caray actually didn't suck like he did last year with the Cubs. Did anyone else notice this? Am I hallucinating?

I didn't watch the game long enough to hear him, but that actually isn't surprising to me. As someone pointed out last season (Lip?), broadcast crews often have to tailor their broadcasts to fit their audience. It would not be a stretch to say that Chip Caray sounded like an idiot because the majority of his audience was comprised of idiots. Cubs fans are amongst the least knowledgable in baseball. The few Braves fans I've spoken with have a substantially better understanding of the game; therefore, their broadcasts are more sophisticated.

ChiSox7
04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Santana's first four batters in 2005???

Ichiro: Single (surprise!)
Reed: Walk
Beltre: 2-run double
Sexson: Run scoring double.

3-0 M's in the 1st.

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Cy Santana getting greeted nicely by the Mariner hitters!