PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans have sunk to a new low...

Cowhead418
04-05-2005, 07:16 PM
OK, so today I went to school and immediately in my first three classes i was made fun of by three Cub fans. One of them didn't even know what the score of the Sox game was yesterday, he just assumed they lost. Here is pretty much how the conversation went:

Flub fan: Did you see the score of the Cub game yesterday? 16-6! HAHAHAHAHA! Sox suck. You guys probably lost.

Me: No, actually we won 1-0, moron.

Flub fan: 1-0? HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so pathetic! You only scored one run?

Me: I don't understand you. You're making fun of the Sox for winning? How stupid are you?

Flub fan: Did you know the Cubs scored 16 runs? Sox blow.

Me: Wow, the Cubs beat up on the Diamondback pitchers. Zambrano, Rusch and Wellenmeyer (sp?) still pitched like crap, Buehrle was dominant - he gave up NO runs. The Sox also faced a much better team.

Flub fan: Who? The Indians? They suck.

Me: (Shakes head) Oh, and the Diamondbacks are amazing, right? This meaningless Cub win doesn't mean anything. They're still going to blow this year. Prior and Wood can't stay healthy, they don't have a bullpen and Borowski is out 10 weeks.

Flub fan: The Cubs are going to win at least 15 more games than the Sox.

Me: I'll bet you on that.

Flub fan: Alright. 20 bucks.

This was the easiest bet I've ever had to make. As long as the Cubs win less than 15 games than the Sox I get 20 dollars richer. This guy has no clue. The rest of the day every time he saw me he kept chanting "16-6! 16-6! 16-6!" Anyone else have similar experiences to mine? I NEVER thought that I'd ever be made fun of for the Sox winning. This conversation confused me for the rest of the day. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it through his thick skull that BOTH teams' records are 1-0 and the Cubs are no better off with that blowout. A win is a win. Any ideas on what I should say to him tomorrow? I've lost all my energy trying to explain to him why Buehrle is better than Wood and that Patterson did not have 218 Assists last year.

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
sox suck for NOT giving up 6 runs?

Gene

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
yesterday, i felt the same way you do man. I was talking with this cub fan and he's like "Jermaine Dye? hahah. Last year the cubs batting average was 4.1313408573047853907465397845374 as a team. thats friggin awsome. The sox are gunna suck, they lost carlos lee"
"who gives a s***, they made up for him in speed you idiot, where are your pitchers?"
"the cubs still did good last year without prior and wood"
-the arguing went on from there-
God they won't shut up. Even today i was dueling it out with a cub fan who thinks they're going to the world series this year. I keep trying to tell them "they made no improvements from last year and last year they sucked...so what does that mean? think if it doesnt hurt your brain too much"

Wsoxmike59
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Cub fans are dolts and idiots. :D:

MeanFish
04-05-2005, 09:07 PM
My favorite. I was talking to an old , cubs-allied friend yesterday, and the dialogue went like this:

Friend: The Cubs are dominating the D-Backs man! It's great to finally see the offense click like this!

Me: Mark Buehrle just two-hit the Indians for eight innings and we won 1-0.

Friend: So? Who cares about the Sox? They suck...

Grrrr....:angry:

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 09:57 PM
http://img23.exs.cx/img23/6652/04standings7cx.jpg

Some one needs to show a Flub fan this. Who is that with the worst record in all of Major League Baseball? Yes, even a worse record than anyone in our division, which also plays against the far superior American League (as compared to the NL)

Fake Chet Lemon
04-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Rule #1- Don't talk baseball with non baseball people. It's by definition impossible. Just wrap your hands around your neck in a choking fashion and smile. No need for words to be exchanged, they'll get it.

DrCrawdad
04-06-2005, 12:40 AM
YIPPEE! THE CUBBIES WON A GAME AGAINST THE ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS, A TEAM THAT WON 51 GAMES LAST YEAR AND THAT WAS BEFORE THEY TRADED THEIR BEST PITCHER!!!!

Mohoney
04-06-2005, 12:58 AM
The Cubs are going to lose 2 out of 3 to a 111 loss team. They suck.

Tragg
04-06-2005, 01:37 AM
One big cub fan, Rick Sutcliffe, so-called objective commentator for ESPN, dubbed Derek Bell MVP, Cubs NL champs and MB's opening day shutout a product of the "chicago cold."

They better wait on the champagne as long as Maddox is their #2 starter ---he's pitching like his brother now.

dcb33
04-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Seeing how your Cubs fan friend can't even remember what a terrible team the D-Backs are, I wouldn't expect him to remember a wager you made with him today in October. I would definitely get that bet down in writing.

StillMissOzzie
04-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Seeing how your Cubs fan friend can't even remember what a terrible team the D-Backs are, I wouldn't expect him to remember a wager you made with him today in October. I would definitely get that bet down in writing.

Good point. Then, you can razz him for the sCrUBS being 1-1 against a team that won only 51 games last year, too.

SMO
:gulp:

batmanZoSo
04-06-2005, 02:31 AM
OK, so today I went to school and immediately in my first three classes i was made fun of by three Cub fans. One of them didn't even know what the score of the Sox game was yesterday, he just assumed they lost. Here is pretty much how the conversation went:

Flub fan: Did you see the score of the Cub game yesterday? 16-6! HAHAHAHAHA! Sox suck. You guys probably lost.

Me: I don't understand you. You're making fun of the Sox for winning? How stupid are you?

Me: Wow, the Cubs beat up on the Diamondback pitchers. Zambrano, Rusch and Wellenmeyer (sp?) still pitched like crap, Buehrle was dominant - he gave up NO runs. The Sox also faced a much better team.

Me: (Shakes head) Oh, and the Diamondbacks are amazing, right? This meaningless Cub win doesn't mean anything. They're still going to blow this year. Prior and Wood can't stay healthy, they don't have a bullpen and Borowski is out 10 weeks.

This was the easiest bet I've ever had to make. As long as the Cubs win less than 15 games than the Sox I get 20 dollars richer. This guy has no clue. The rest of the day every time he saw me he kept chanting "16-6! 16-6! 16-6!" Anyone else have similar experiences to mine? I NEVER thought that I'd ever be made fun of for the Sox winning. This conversation confused me for the rest of the day. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it through his thick skull that BOTH teams' records are 1-0 and the Cubs are no better off with that blowout. A win is a win. Any ideas on what I should say to him tomorrow? I've lost all my energy trying to explain to him why Buehrle is better than Wood and that Patterson did not have 218 Assists last year.

I had a similar conversation with my cousin and his friend yesterday. They were actually degrading the manner in which we WON THE GAME! He was like "they won on an error..." I explained that great teams can win a game 1-0 and that Buehrle pitched a hell of a lot better than Zambrano and that we faced a decent team while they faced the worst team in baseball bar none.

jeremydavid
04-06-2005, 05:22 AM
i want more games to be played ASAP. i am sick of replaying and talking about an opening day win. just like i wanted to stop reanalyzing offseason moves. this my friends is the work of only one thing, cub fans and there ineptitude to realize baseball is decided by WINS and LOSSES.

fairly simple concept i think :angry:

spawn
04-06-2005, 08:26 AM
One big cub fan, Rick Sutcliffe, so-called objective commentator for ESPN, dubbed Derek Bell MVP, Cubs NL champs and MB's opening day shutout a product of the "chicago cold."

They better wait on the champagne as long as Maddox is their #2 starter ---he's pitching like his brother now.
A product of the "Chicago cold"? So he didin't know it was 70 degrees on opening day? What an idiot.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-06-2005, 08:42 AM
guys, cubs lost 5-4 to the freaking diamondbacks. come on. "maddox" gave up 2 runs in the first inning. Use that against cub fans today

daveeym
04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
A product of the "Chicago cold"? So he didin't know it was 70 degrees on opening day? What an idiot. And what happened to that desert air aided homeruns that only the sox seem to have on their side. :roflmao:

Ol' No. 2
04-06-2005, 11:50 AM

This was the easiest bet I've ever had to make. As long as the Cubs win less than 15 games than the Sox I get 20 dollars richer. This guy has no clue. The rest of the day every time he saw me he kept chanting "16-6! 16-6! 16-6!" Anyone else have similar experiences to mine? I NEVER thought that I'd ever be made fun of for the Sox winning. This conversation confused me for the rest of the day. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it through his thick skull that BOTH teams' records are 1-0 and the Cubs are no better off with that blowout. A win is a win. Any ideas on what I should say to him tomorrow? I've lost all my energy trying to explain to him why Buehrle is better than Wood and that Patterson did not have 218 Assists last year.Good luck collecting.:mad:

PatK
04-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Derek Bell never played on the Cubs.

And that was the coldest 70 degree day I've ever experienced.

Cowhead418
04-06-2005, 07:06 PM
sox suck for NOT giving up 6 runs?

Gene
I tried that one but he just replied "Yeah, but the Sox only scored ONE run against the Indians on an air? HAHAHAHA!" Then I tried to say that Cleveland has a great offense and he started cracking up "Cleveland having a good offense? Wow, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Giving up no runs against them is nothing special, they suck." When I said that the Diamondbacks were the worst team in baseball last year and that the Indians' offense was great last year, he said "Who cares about last year, all that matters is now.":rolleyes: I've pretty much given up on him now. I'm so glad the Sox won today, if I got tons of heat for them winning, I can only imagine what would happen if they had lost today. When I made fun of the Cubs losing to the D-Backs, he just tried to edge around it. This guy is one of the most arrogant Cub fans you'll meet. He doesn't listen to a thing you say and just talks like he knows everything. Instead of using actual statistics, he tried to tell me the Sox suck because of how Sox players went in his fantasy draft. According to him, D Lee is a lot better than Konerko cause Lee went in the 2nd round and Konerko went in the 10th. Frank Thomas is also horrible because he went in the 19th round. Seriously, do Cub fans ever get it? Do they really know anything about baseball? Do they take stupid pills? What goes through their heads?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Instead of using actual statistics, he tried to tell me the Sox suck because of how Sox players went in his fantasy draft. According to him, D Lee is a lot better than Konerko cause Lee went in the 2nd round and Konerko went in the 10th. Frank Thomas is also horrible because he went in the 19th round. Seriously, do Cub fans ever get it? Do they really know anything about baseball? Do they take stupid pills? What goes through their heads?
:roflmao:
So, because some idiot(wait, that's already assumed) sCrUB fan decided to draft Derrek Lee in the 2ND ROUND, that makes him better? I'm not comparing Lee and Konerko, but saying that Derrek Lee is better because some IDIOT drafted him in the 2nd round is hilarious. He is nowhere near worth a 2nd round pick, and neither is any other scrub player(I'd make an exception for Prior, but I myself would never waste a 2nd round pick on an injury-riddled pitcher)

Fake Chet Lemon
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Not to mention we are spotting the Cubs about $20,000,000 in payroll, and we are still better! How good would the Cubs be if they had to drop $20mil right now? And an AL team should have a higher payroll to begin with because DH's make big dollars. Their brilliant manager makes about 3x's what Ozzie makes too. Nice ROI Hendry.